Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. Henry 77 Ryle 60

Featured Replies

  • Author
No height. The JV Center is only about 6'3". They also will have sophmore PG Jake Hils back. From what I know he will run the point and Speed will go to the 2 guard. They really need at 6'7" transfer or someone to grow.

 

But the talent will be there.

 

I saw a couple of the JV games is the center number 35? He tore Brossart up. He looked to be about 6'2 or 6'3 but he played more of wing in that game.

It was a very good game for 2 1/2 periods. Then tings came to a crashing thud for Ryle in a two-minute stretch in the 3rd period: a technical foul on bench (while Ryle had possession) resulted in two free throws .

 

When you say "on the bench" do you mean someone other than the head coach?

Don't understand what Ryle's coach was doing . Coleman and Porter were on fire and he took them out and let them sit for about five minutes,obviously disrupting the momentum of the game. It was early in the game and neither appeared to be tired. Later when Maley appeared to be upset and not playing well at all, he left him in to deteriorate-seems like removing him to allow him to settle down and refocus would have been wise. Of course a technical from the bench didn't help.. Felt badly for players who were playing their hearts out and keeping a straight head,especially senior #21 (Porter). Imo this team could use some mental conditioning. It would have been a tough game no matter what because St. Henry is a good team ,but cooler heads could have made a big difference.

I was told by one of the players that it was the coach but don't know what he said . According to this player he didn't use foul language, just questioned a call or something.

When you say "on the bench" do you mean someone other than the head coach?

 

Yes, it was the head coach. I was trying to be discreet. ;)

 

Actually, he wasn't animated at all. He was kneeling down at the time and said something to the ref. Though it wasn't said loudly, I'm guessing it was something you probably wouldn't hear in church on Sunday. :D

Yes, it was the head coach. I was trying to be discreet. ;)

 

Actually, he wasn't animated at all. He was kneeling down at the time and said something to the ref. Though it wasn't said loudly, I'm guessing it was something you probably wouldn't hear in church on Sunday. :D

 

I really hate to say it and I am sure that it would not have changed the out come of the game but I feel like the refs did not care much for Ryle and did not give them many breaks. There were a number of touch fouls that were over looked at the other end of the floor. Granted Ryle has not helped themselves in the past and these refs know the players and how they have acted in the past. That's why each kid needs to keep his mouth shut because they will see the same refs again down the road.

I really hate to say it and I am sure that it would not have changed the out come of the game but I feel like the refs did not care much for Ryle and did not give them many breaks. There were a number of touch fouls that were over looked at the other end of the floor. Granted Ryle has not helped themselves in the past and these refs know the players and how they have acted in the past. That's why each kid needs to keep his mouth shut because they will see the same refs again down the road.

 

I agree about the fouls called on Ryle, just did'nt want to be accused of whining. They were literally tackled and manhandled under the basket a few times resulting somehow in a jumpball ,with the ball going to the Cru. There are some very nice players on Ryle's team that have been around for long enough for the refs to notice....St. Henry doesn't exactly have the reputation of being a bunch of choir boys. I've only noticed one player on Ryle's team who has shown more than his share of attitude . It seems that often the other team's strategy is to provoke this player into losing his composure and unfortunately , sometimes it works. All part of the game, I guess. Anyhow for the most part all these kids play hard,put in a lot of time, maintain the grades to stay eligible and I say "Congratulations" to all of them. They should be proud of themshelves!!:

I really hate to say it and I am sure that it would not have changed the out come of the game but I feel like the refs did not care much for Ryle and did not give them many breaks. There were a number of touch fouls that were over looked at the other end of the floor. Granted Ryle has not helped themselves in the past and these refs know the players and how they have acted in the past. That's why each kid needs to keep his mouth shut because they will see the same refs again down the road.

 

Therein lies the key to keeping refs "on your side."

 

Ultimately, however, Ryle was simply badly outplayed in the second half.

Therein lies the key to keeping refs "on your side."

 

Ultimately, however, Ryle was simply badly outplayed in the second half.

 

Whatever...The refs in an ideal world might be mature enough not to be on anyone's "side"....Many factors,out of the Ryle players' control, went into the poor play everyone's talking about. Let's continue to downplay Ryle's earlier overtime win against St. Henry. Let's not mention that they did it without their " best senior player". Do these kids ever get credit for anything???

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.