Article about Worry for Obama's Safety

Uk4Life

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23330293

"Before Mr. Obama decided to run for president, he discussed his safety with his family. His campaign employed a team of private security guards before he was placed under Secret Service protection. Since then, he has grown fond of the agents who surround him, inviting them to watch the Super Bowl at his home in Chicago and playing basketball with them on the days he awaits the results of an election."

I like to hear these human sides of candidates. I'm doing my best to convert some of you Republican to "Obamacans". If so, you might want to check out:

http://www.republicansforobama.org

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a story last week about a lapse of security in Texas where they stopped checking bags or going thru the metal detectors or something like that at an Obama rally. I couldn't believe they would take any kind of chance with all the nuts out there.

There was a story last week about a lapse of security in Texas where they stopped checking bags or going thru the metal detectors or something like that at an Obama rally. I couldn't believe they would take any kind of chance with all the nuts out there.

Obama actually goes out & addresses everyone that is turned away (due to capacity being reached) for all of his rally's. He also denied secret service assistance until he was talked into it.

My husband heard on the news last week , the rapper 50 Cent said that he would get killed . He said people were not ready for a black man .

I do not think him being black is as big a problem as his message. JFK wasn't black or Bobby Kennedy but they were assassinated b/c of the changing moods of America.

Reagan also had 2 assassination attempts on him.

I don't need a president with a human side. I need a smart leader who has the best interests of this country in mind and knows how to deal with and solve problems.

Is this in terms of intelligence, experience or what? Best interest to you or the country? Is it whichever collaborates who you like the best, at the moment?

Is this in terms of intelligence, experience or what? Best interest to you or the country? Is it whichever collaborates who you like the best, at the moment?

Personally, I find that none of this year's candidates meet my definition.

Best leader - Romney

Best miltary expertise - McCain

Most Personable - Obama

Most outspoken - Paul, Kucinch

Most government experience - Clinton

and on and on. But I find that none of them are what I call a true leader. A Churchill, a Washington, an Augustus, a Ben Gurion. Most of them are running to aussage their ego and help their party. Helping their nation is secondary. I want a president who does the right thing because it IS the right thing to do, especially when me and everyone else disagree. I want a president who isn't looking for a legacy, but just wants to keep this the best nation in the world. I want a president who would take a bullet for his country, if his country would be better for it.

I do not think him being black is as big a problem as his message. JFK wasn't black or Bobby Kennedy but they were assassinated b/c of the changing moods of America.

Reagan also had 2 assassination attempts on him.

Assassinations and assassination attempts on presidents of this country have been carried out by deranged individuals. The moods of the country or their "messages" had nothing to do with assassinations of either Kennedy.

Personally, I find that none of this year's candidates meet my definition.

Best leader - Romney

Best miltary expertise - McCain

Most Personable - Obama

Most outspoken - Paul, Kucinch

Most government experience - Clinton

and on and on. But I find that none of them are what I call a true leader. A Churchill, a Washington, an Augustus, a Ben Gurion. Most of them are running to aussage their ego and help their party. Helping their nation is secondary. I want a president who does the right thing because it IS the right thing to do, especially when me and everyone else disagree. I want a president who isn't looking for a legacy, but just wants to keep this the best nation in the world. I want a president who would take a bullet for his country, if his country would be better for it.

I agree with this statement. While I have very similar views with Clinton & Obama, I feel Obama can pull the nation together. I do not think that Republican can work with Hillary. Conservative Republicans don't even care that much for McCain, so how can he pull the nation together. We are different on many views but I do wish that our next president is a true "uniter" and not another "divider".