Hatred for Paulus?

GRC4LIFE

Here's my over-arching take: With most Duke haters, Coach K is the constant. Coach K tends to look for PGs who probably remind him of how he played. He looks for those extensions of himself in gutty, athletically-challenged white kids who don't mind doing whatever it takes in terms of effort and otherwise to win ball games. That gives us guys like Hurley, Wojo, Paulus, etc. And those fans see the same things in those guys as Coach K, and therefore those PGs are the lightning rod. They usually seem to thrive on it in most cases.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So why is he getting the rap of "athletically challenged?"

Because he's not a Wayne Ellington, Ty Lawson, Eric Gordon, Gerald Henderson, Demarcus Nelson type.....He's not athletically challenged...he's just not as athletic as these type of players.

So why is he getting the rap of "athletically challenged?"

Because he's not a Wayne Ellington, Ty Lawson, Eric Gordon, Gerald Henderson, Demarcus Nelson type.....He's not athletically challenged...he's just not as athletic as these type of players.

Let us be honest, it is because he is white and it is a common stereotype.

That is what I was thinking bugatti.

Come on Jim, speed does not necessarily make you an athlete. Look in the NBA and tell me how many PG's are going to be quicker or faster than their running mates on the wing. LeBron may be the fastest guy in the NBA end to end, Kobe has Fisher beat, Iguodala over Miller, etc. PG is a cerebral position.