Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hatred for Paulus?

Featured Replies

It has nothing to do with Duke. He is just one of those people that rubs me the wrong way.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It has nothing to do with Duke. He is just one of those people that rubs me the wrong way.

:thumb:

I am not finding it a coincidence there have been a few of these retaliation type plays from Paulus through his career.

 

Wouldn't logic dictate that if the general public , as evidenced here on BGP, hates the kid that other players may as well which would lead to altercations?

Wouldn't logic dictate that if the general public , as evidenced here on BGP, hates the kid that other players may as well which would lead to altercations?

 

Of course it does. But I do not think that justifies his actions, especially coming from a leadership type position. My contention is that Paulus has earned his reputation.

And as to the title of the thread, I do not "hate" the kid.

Reddick left and people need someone to be the face to hate of the Blue Devils. Kind of like alot of people I speak to don't like Tyler Hansborough, he plays just like Paulus, all out, all night.

Of course it does. But I do not think that justifies his actions, especially coming from a leadership type position. My contention is that Paulus has earned his reputation.

 

Are you saying he should not retaliate?

  • Author
Of course it does. But I do not think that justifies his actions, especially coming from a leadership type position. My contention is that Paulus has earned his reputation.

 

One of the things Duke has got going for them that not other many teams do is the fact that they intimidate people. If somebody attacks you and you don't do anything about it, that doesnt seem very intimidating does it?

 

These guys aren't angels but sure aren't instigators.:jump:

I'm not a fan. Choosing Duke sure doesn't help raise my opinion of somebody, I mean there are hundreds of other schools. That being said I do make exceptions as I don't mind Brand and Deng.

Can't be a Duke guard thing for me. I didnt hate JJ, Jay Williams, Bobby Hurley, Chris Collins. I was not a fan of Wojo, Paulus, Scheyer, Laettner, Maggette, etc. He just kind of rubs me the wrong way, I cant point it out. In much the same way Neitzel at Michigan St. does a lot of people, Calathes at Florida, etc. It's just one of those things.

Can't be a Duke guard thing for me. I didnt hate JJ, Jay Williams, Bobby Hurley, Chris Collins. I was not a fan of Wojo, Paulus, Scheyer, Laettner, Maggette, etc. He just kind of rubs me the wrong way, I cant point it out. In much the same way Neitzel at Michigan St. does a lot of people, Calathes at Florida, etc. It's just one of those things.

 

:thumb: "Wo Jo" and "Laettner" were by far the worst "punks" that Duke has had. Paulus along with Wo Jo on the bench and coach Kommercial makes it very easy to despise Duke. I put them in the category of the "Noah" freak at U.F. last season.

One of the things Duke has got going for them that not other many teams do is the fact that they intimidate people. If somebody attacks you and you don't do anything about it, that doesnt seem very intimidating does it?

 

These guys aren't angels but sure aren't instigators.:jump:

 

Coach K intimidates officials every night they play, his team is percieved as "all american kids". While I have to admit that they are very good and play hard they are far from "victims" or "squeaky clean" as most claim.

I have watched Duke games and watched the Duke players get by with a lot including some intimidation tatics/cheap fouls that are not called.

IMO a good team that can block the "mystique" of "Duke" out and keep their heads can beat them.

 

This is 3 post on a Duke thread for me which is far too many and giving them and their fans too much of my time. LOL.

A UK fan always has to pick a Duke player to dislike just like we always have to choose a Florida player to dislike too. It is just the way it is and Paulus just rubs me the wrong way.

He's a punk.

 

:thumb: I agree and there isn't enough mustard in the world to cover a hot dog like Paulus.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.