February 2, 200818 yr :thumb: "Wo Jo" and "Laettner" were by far the worst "punks" that Duke has had. Paulus along with Wo Jo on the bench and coach Kommercial makes it very easy to despise Duke. I put them in the category of the "Noah" freak at U.F. last season. :thumb::thumb:
February 2, 200818 yr Author Coach K intimidates officials every night they play, his team is percieved as "all american kids". While I have to admit that they are very good and play hard they are far from "victims" or "squeaky clean" as most claim. I have watched Duke games and watched the Duke players get by with a lot including some intimidation tatics/cheap fouls that are not called. IMO a good team that can block the "mystique" of "Duke" out and keep their heads can beat them. This is 3 post on a Duke thread for me which is far too many and giving them and their fans too much of my time. LOL. :laugh:
February 2, 200818 yr I am not denying the kid does not play hard, but of all that have come through college basketball, I really dislike Greg Paulus enough to crack my top 5 dislike list. He is the master of the cheap shot and then trying to act innocent. I cannot remember the exact game or situation, but I believe it was against Boston College his Freshman year when on the sidelines he pulled down or swung at one of the B.C. kids on the court after attempting a 3 pointer or going out of bounds. Anyone with a bit of sense could tell it was deliberate despite him playing it off as innocent. He is a little too overdramatic for me.. I can only handle so much slapping the floor in honor of Wojo. Exactly!
February 2, 200818 yr Are you saying he should not retaliate? He should retaliate by being the balla that he can be (I think Paulus is a good player, btw). Not by kicking and throwing in cheap shots and throwing up his hands as if he did nothing wrong.
February 3, 200818 yr A UK fan always has to pick a Duke player to dislike just like we always have to choose a Florida player to dislike too. It is just the way it is and Paulus just rubs me the wrong way. "A" Duke player :confused:. Why single anyone out like that. I can't stand anything about Duke including all players and coaches. I am an equal opportunity anti-Duke fan. :banana:
February 3, 200818 yr Paulus is just Wojo 2.0. Both are just whiny little babies who are coddled by their coach.
February 3, 200818 yr Paulus is just Wojo 2.0. Both are just whiny little babies who are coddled by their coach. Coddled? Do tell.
February 3, 200818 yr Author So basically through this thread, I've come to the answer that, for the most part, it's really not Paulus that people hate..... it's just the fact he goes to Duke and happens to be the point guard? Except some feel he gest into too many altercations.
February 3, 200818 yr "A" Duke player :confused:. Why single anyone out like that. I can't stand anything about Duke including all players and coaches. I am an equal opportunity anti-Duke fan. :banana: I think alot of people last year hated Noah, and i would say alot of people hate Paulus
February 3, 200818 yr I think alot of people last year hated Noah, and i would say alot of people hate Paulus ....but would love to have either on their team.
February 3, 200818 yr Author But this thread is about hatred for a player? It was for me to figure out why everybody hated him...or if there were people out there that appreciated the way he played.
February 4, 200818 yr Its honesly just the name on the front of the jersey. The same with JJ, or Laettner. I mean sure they are a little disliked but sometimes you got to be cocky IMO. After Paulus leaves the next hated player will be Taylor King I really believe so.
February 5, 200818 yr Coach K intimidates officials every night they play, his team is percieved as "all american kids". While I have to admit that they are very good and play hard they are far from "victims" or "squeaky clean" as most claim. I have watched Duke games and watched the Duke players get by with a lot including some intimidation tatics/cheap fouls that are not called. IMO a good team that can block the "mystique" of "Duke" out and keep their heads can beat them. This is 3 post on a Duke thread for me which is far too many and giving them and their fans too much of my time. LOL. Hmmmm ... perhaps there's more to this. As in, perhaps there's a certain jealousy that Duke has what UK used to have? That ability to scare teams into laying down or just playing poorly, the way UK always did to its SEC weak sisters?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.