Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tom Larkey to Harlan?

Featured Replies

If I knew when it started myself I would let you know. It starts anytime after this beeper goes off on any day or night everyday of the week. Does the railroad ring a bell. If you are so interested in my job maybe you can tag along when I get called out the next time. I agree that the people of Harlan need to slow down and wait because it is never a done deal until the lady sings and even though she is warming up she hasn't started yet.

 

Railroad, that's interesting! I would say that getting out of that room with no windows at school is a relief :jump: Don't take it so serious (just kidding) lungbuster, I don't know what you do for a living but whatever it is then I respect it, and I won't make mention of it again :thumb: I do agree with you though, the people of Halan need to be patient, but the lady will be singing come Monday evening! :dancingpa

  • Replies 304
  • Views 23.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They both know what defeat taste like from the Rock. Either way when next years re-alignment happens I always heard HHS and CCHS were dropping back to 4A?

 

I wonder how many coaches in the state can say that they defeated both Highlands and Covington Catholic in the State Semi-Finals, heck, how many mountain teams can say they beat both in the playoffs for that matter. This just shows the state how good of a coach Harlan may POSSIBLY be getting.

With South or North, Letcher, Clay, Whitley, Perry?

 

HE means after the district games. Once they get out of district into regional games things change dramaticly.

 

CCH and HHS will stay in 5A.

What exactly is Scott Parkey's title? I have never been sure of it.

 

 

He coaches the Qb's and DB's. That is it, I dont think he has any other resposibilities. I know Caoch Larkey's son Chris did the special teams and Coach Saylor and Martin did the defense. Coach Larkey called the offense and sometimes got input from some of the other coaches on what might be open or not. i dotn think parkey ever coashed freshmen or jv, just a position coach.

He coaches the Qb's and DB's. That is it, I dont think he has any other resposibilities. I know Caoch Larkey's son Chris did the special teams and Coach Saylor and Martin did the defense. Coach Larkey called the offense and sometimes got input from some of the other coaches on what might be open or not. i dotn think parkey ever coashed freshmen or jv, just a position coach.

 

Okay, thanks. I would have never guessed that :lol: That is why I don't post anything that isn't opinion without asking first...anymore :sssh:

HE means after the district games. Once they get out of district into regional games things change dramaticly.

 

CCH and HHS will stay in 5A.

 

I thought the rumor was that Highlands is moving up to 6A. I think that is where they need to be.

I'd also like to point out that I think it is funny that more people in other counties know what is going on than the people in Rockcastle County. I think everyone should just be patient and wait till they announce something that is published in a paper.

 

I wish that people would take a little advice from 3wishes and be more PATIENT with this process. There is absolutely NO need to speculate on who the next coach is going to be until the time does come that Tom isn't the head coach anymore. I don't think anybody knows as much about the situation as 3wishes does so let's heed his advice and not some others that think they know anything and everything about the Rocket football program. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I guess the rumor is true, a football coach WILL be named on Feb. 4th at 5:00. Coach Larkey and the Black Bears will be for real next season!!!!!

If Larkey wants to defuse the rumor, all he has to do is call the Harlan newspaper and say there's nothing to it ...

He coaches the Qb's and DB's. That is it, I dont think he has any other resposibilities. I know Caoch Larkey's son Chris did the special teams and Coach Saylor and Martin did the defense. Coach Larkey called the offense and sometimes got input from some of the other coaches on what might be open or not. i dotn think parkey ever coashed freshmen or jv, just a position coach.

 

From what I understand, saylor dont want it and neither does Coach Larkey's kids. I feel Scott Parkey wold be a good coach. Someone from Rockcaslte does need to do the job. He is very capable of taking over i think and only time will tell if he does want it. Whoever gets the Rockcastle job will have a lot of talent coming back so a good season is very likley.

If Larkey wants to defuse the rumor, all he has to do is call the Harlan newspaper and say there's nothing to it ...

 

I agree, but there is no defusing a rumor when its really the truth. From my understanding it's a done deal.

They both know what defeat taste like from the Rock. Either way when next years re-alignment happens I always heard HHS and CCHS were dropping back to 4A?

 

To my understanding Cov.Cath has 5A numbers and just can't bounce back. Highlands wants to play with them then they will also stay. Highlands posters can clarify. I believe they are there for a while and will only go up in numbers.

I agree, but there is no defusing a rumor when its really the truth. From my understanding it's a done deal.

 

I think anyone who posts "it's a done deal" should reveal their source. No names, just if the info is from a school official, somebody's cousin, a fortune cookie, or the guys hanging around at the barber shop.

To my understanding Cov.Cath has 5A numbers and just can't bounce back. Highlands wants to play with them then they will also stay. Highlands posters can clarify. I believe they are there for a while and will only go up in numbers.
Highlands will stay in 5A as long as they are allowed to do so. I assume the same to be true for Cov. Cath.
I think anyone who posts "it's a done deal" should reveal their source. No names, just if the info is from a school official, somebody's cousin, a fortune cookie, or the guys hanging around at the barber shop.

 

Ok, I guess you're right. I apologize for saying "its a done deal" but I do know for a fact that an announcement will be made Feb. 4th at 5:00. All I'm saying is that Coach Larkey is the only name that is floating around right now or at least that is the only one that I'm hearing. Check back on Monday because there definitely will be a coach named then. :thumb:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.