Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tom Larkey to Harlan?

Featured Replies

As a (neutral) fan who lives in central kentucky (neutral) I don't blame AA Corbin and AA Midlesboro for not playing you. They don't owe you anything. Play teams of comparable size. You live in the southeastern corner of the state, of course you will have to travel a bit to play.

 

Funny thing when Middlesboro was beating Bell for 25 years, Bell didn't quit.

 

I don't think GREAT teams would either. :irked:

  • Replies 304
  • Views 23.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes we are! We are hoping that Harlan Co. will hire a coach that will not be afraid to play us. (Larkey would certainly fit that describtion) Too many miles were put on the cars this past season traveling to 7 away games all over the state! Too many local teams dodge us but that is neither here or there and in the past. :fire::fire:

 

 

One other reason we have a vested intrest in this would be, if he does go to Harlan County then our strenght of schedule takes another blow.

As a (neutral) fan who lives in central kentucky (neutral) I don't blame AA Corbin and AA Midlesboro for not playing you. They don't owe you anything. Play teams of comparable size. You live in the southeastern corner of the state, of course you will have to travel a bit to play.

 

Tell that to Danville and Boyle, also Beechwood and CCH. H.S. sports is built on rivalries. M'boro had no problem playing when they dominated Bell 2 decades ago.

 

 

I don't know Trenches??? Rock would probally hire a good Coach and still be good football program.

One other reason we have a vested intrest in this would be, if he does go to Harlan County then our strenght of schedule takes another blow.

 

Nice try :D We'll see about that :thumb:

One other reason we have a vested intrest in this would be, if he does go to Harlan County then our strenght of schedule takes another blow.

 

I'm not touching this one!!!!!

I wouldn't worry about Rockcastle football. Tom Larkey has built a great program and whoever takes over will have a lot to work with.

 

The Rock will be loaded next year. I would say they win 9 games, and next year they will have even more talent. They only lost 5 seniors and have a great underclass coming up. Better look out Bell.....

Youngblood' date=' I don't see you sitting back any. You have been giving your opionion ever since this thread has started. I am not saying nothing is wrong with that but don't act like you are just sitting back watching things unfold because you are definetly not.[/quote']

 

Blackbears '08, You are right about me not sitting completely back and watching things unfold. I guess the truth will come out on Feb. 4th at 5:00 about the new coach. I will see you there blackbears '08!! :ylsuper:

As a (neutral) fan who lives in central kentucky (neutral) I don't blame AA Corbin and AA Midlesboro for not playing you. They don't owe you anything. Play teams of comparable size. You live in the southeastern corner of the state, of course you will have to travel a bit to play.

 

I also dont know much about the rivaly or reasons why Bell cant get these teams to play, but in reality why would they, they are small schools compared to Bell adn thus Bell has more players to choose from. Why doesnt Bell play Boyle or Danville a few times, they are always looking for games. Heck I would say take the Bell kids to Louisville for a overnight trip and play one of the big 3 there, see where your talent and program stands then.

Funny thing when Middlesboro was beating Bell for 25 years, Bell didn't quit.

 

I don't think GREAT teams would either. :irked:

 

I just want to add Corbin to this also.

The Rock will be loaded next year. I would say they win 9 games, and next year they will have even more talent. They only lost 5 seniors and have a great underclass coming up. Better look out Bell.....

 

This is what makes our district better. I think that if they are loaded and just say bell will be 7 or 8 win team next year. That competition only breeds success and is good for both programs.

I also dont know much about the rivaly or reasons why Bell cant get these teams to play, but in reality why would they, they are small schools compared to Bell adn thus Bell has more players to choose from. Why doesnt Bell play Boyle or Danville a few times, they are always looking for games. Heck I would say take the Bell kids to Louisville for a overnight trip and play one of the big 3 there, see where your talent and program stands then.

 

You paying for this? Lets go.....:thumb:

I just want to add Corbin to this also.

 

Middlesboro and Corbin both have solid enough football programs to play Bell on a regular basis. I don't think it makes a difference if they have 100 or 1000 students. Middlesboro and Corbin both are two of the more tradition rich football schools in southeastern Kentucky. The kids want to play, the communities want to play and the competition win or lose is a positive for all involved in these games.

Yes we are! We are hoping that Harlan Co. will hire a coach that will not be afraid to play us. (Larkey would certainly fit that describtion) Too many miles were put on the cars this past season traveling to 7 away games all over the state! Too many local teams dodge us but that is neither here or there and in the past. :fire::fire:

 

 

Belfry has tried to play Bell Co. for 4-5 years, and they refuse, so I wouldn't be chest thumping in this thread.

 

 

 

On the subject of coach of HCHS, is there any other names being floated?

 

If not I say some on here are right.

Belfry has tried to play Bell Co. for 4-5 years, and they refuse, so I wouldn't be chest thumping in this thread.

 

 

 

On the subject of coach of HCHS, is there any other names being floated?

 

If not I say some on here are right.

 

 

No other names have been floating around that I have heard, that's not to say that there isn't any. It's been pretty quite since Larkey's name has been mentioned.

Belfry has tried to play Bell Co. for 4-5 years, and they refuse, so I wouldn't be chest thumping in this thread.

 

 

On the subject of coach of HCHS, is there any other names being floated?

 

If not I say some on here are right.

 

If you are implying that Bell is dodging Belfry you are mistaking. First of all that is our problem we have teams the Caliber of Belfry right here, without the 4 hour drive and they won't play. So make the trip on over here if you want to.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.