Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tom Larkey to Harlan?

Featured Replies

Do you have a link, doodle?

  • Replies 304
  • Views 23.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I'm sorry I don't know what it is. Do any of you Rockcastle fans know? I just bought the paper tonight and saw the announcement. Also it is a fact that he told his players today. One of the players told me

Do you have a link, doodle?

 

It doesn't appear that they publish online.

Mt Vernon Signal reports Coach Larkey accepted job in Harlan. I am sorry to see him go but wish him the best Harlan is getting a great coach

 

If this is true (pretty sure that it is) then welcome to Harlan County Coach Larkey. :dancingpa GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!

At this

point a Head Coach can either bring them together and move them forward,

or with lack of maturity hold them back, because I will only play the 11 best

players all the time. It looks to me that numbers will not be a problem, and

the right person is willing to coach it like a college program. (I say look out

Eastern Kentucky and good luck). Also I would like say good luck to all

the Black Bears.)

 

Why would you not play the best 11 players. Do you want to win or just make everyone happy. If that starts then you will not win games. You just cant say hey we have a lot of kids let them all play. If that happened then you are cheating the better kids. I am sure if there is enough talent to go around then kids will be playing one way, if not then they will have to play both ways. No one is ever going to be totally happy, someone will always feel their kid is being cheated because every parent probably thinks their kid is a star and better than the others.

I hope he stays.

 

Why do you hope he stays in Rockcastle? Who do you want as a coach?

Why do you hope he stays in Rockcastle? Who do you want as a coach?

 

If he wants him to stay then wouldn't that mean he wants Larkey to be the coach? :confused:

Mt Vernon Signal reports Coach Larkey accepted job in Harlan. I am sorry to see him go but wish him the best Harlan is getting a great coach

 

 

If this is correct, congratulations to Harlan County Schools. Your football team has instant credibility. I strongly suggest you all come together and support this outstanding coach.

If he wants him to stay then wouldn't that mean he wants Larkey to be the coach? :confused:

 

 

I may be reading it wrong. It seems to me HBO669 is from Harlan and said he hopes Larkey stays. Larkey hasn't even been hired yet; so to me it means he or she hopes Larkey stays in Rockcastle. I may have just read it wrong; and if I did, sorry for the mix up. I just wish Coach Larkey the best of luck to what ever he does, and feel Harlan will only benefit from his knowledge and experience. In the long run this hire will pay off. Coach Larkey will at least get the program started on the right track and prepare them for the future. One thing I always admired about Coach Larkey is that he cared a lot for the players, always gave them the benefit of the doubt, and was always there for them. I envy Harlan.

I may be reading it wrong. It seems to me HBO669 is from Harlan and said he hopes Larkey stays. Larkey hasn't even been hired yet; so to me it means he or she hopes larkey stays in Rockcastle. I may have just read it wrong; and if I did, sorry for the mix up. I just wish Coach Larkey the best of luck to what ever he does, and feel Harlan will only benefit from his knowledge and experience. In the long run this hire will pay off. Coach Larkey will at least get the program started on the right track and prepare them for the future. One thing I always admired about Coach Larkey is that he cared a lot for the players, always gave them the benefit of the doubt, and was always there for them. I envy Harlan.

 

:thumb: Ok, thanks! I was the one that read it wrong, sorry!. :lol:

I was just hoping for a young coach, like David Hensley from Dunbar. But Larkey is a good coach. I just don't think he'll be here very long.

It doesn't appear that they publish online.

 

They do not. Very small paper.

Well this is big news. I wonder if Rockcastle even considered matching Harlans offer?

Mt Vernon Signal reports Coach Larkey accepted job in Harlan. I am sorry to see him go but wish him the best Harlan is getting a great coach

 

The Mt. Vernon Signal has jumped the gun and tried to be the first to release this, however, the headline should've been Larkey OFFERED job in Harlan County, not ACCEPTED. There hasn't been any acceptance of anything. I know for a fact that the signal was not supposed to publish such a headline. No offered has been accepted.

The Mt. Vernon Signal has jumped the gun and tried to be the first to release this, however, the headline should've been Larkey OFFERED job in Harlan County, not ACCEPTED. There hasn't been any acceptance of anything. I know for a fact that the signal was not supposed to publish such a headline. No offered has been accepted.

 

3wishes would know this, so I take his word for it. I assumed he had accepted it today or something because I was told he hadn't accepted as of yesterday.

 

Is it true that he told his players he is leaving like some have stated, or is that just a rumor?

 

Wonder why the signal ran with the "accepted" story already?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.