Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tom Larkey to Harlan?

Featured Replies

I know, I thought we could get a quick answer. It's not that important.:thumb:

 

:thumb: :lol:

  • Replies 304
  • Views 23.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think that this is true about "being Tim Saylor's puppet" then why would you want David Hensley to come if you are that close to him, like you said?

 

David Hensley won't be anybody's puppet. Just like Youngblood said.

Hey you do have a point. I have to give you that. I guess I'm just wanted someone who is going to be hear a while, but like I said Larkey is a Hell of coach I never disgreed about sorry. I guess I'm excited about next year. I just got kids coming up and I'm worried abuot who will be their coach. Godd luck too. Don't be so hard on me lol

Hey you do have a point. I have to give you that. I guess I'm just wanted someone who is going to be hear a while, but like I said Larkey is a Hell of coach I never disgreed about sorry. I guess I'm excited about next year. I just got kids coming up and I'm worried abuot who will be their coach. Godd luck too. Don't be so hard on me lol

 

:thumb:

Its a shame they have decided on this MUST hire from outside stuff. The best bet would have been a YOUNG David Hensley. It has been stated the new coach has to be from outside because if not people would accuse them of playing favorites with kids from certain areas of the county. This sheds a bad light on the Harlan community that they would do that and say that. I'm willing to bet Hensley or Jon Reynolds or anyone else wants to win more than play favorites.

I had thought they said they would go outside for that?

 

The people they offered outside the county turned it down, supposedly. I think Shelia Smith from M'boro (formerly of Harlan Independent) and the Whitely Co. principal were the two who were offered, but declined.

 

Howard was probably the best candidate in the county. Mike Jones would be a good candidate, too, but will probably have other duties to tend to.

Hey you do have a point. I have to give you that. I guess I'm just wanted someone who is going to be hear a while, but like I said Larkey is a Hell of coach I never disgreed about sorry. I guess I'm excited about next year. I just got kids coming up and I'm worried abuot who will be their coach. Godd luck too. Don't be so hard on me lol

 

Lets compare Hensley to Larkey.

 

How many schools has either been too.

Larkey (3) Laurel, Cawood, Rockcastle

Hensley I think SW Pulaski, Somerset, Pulaski, East Jessamine, Wayne, Harrison, and Dunbar.

 

Now who stays where.

what about accomplishments

Larkey 2 state runner ups, 4 region titles, numerous distict titles

Hensley 0 anything.

 

Obviously it is true, you cant please everyone. A lot of parents think there kids are stars when they arent. I hope you arent one of those for your kids sake.

Larkey will be there to win and lead Harlan, not there to be a puppet as you put it.

You can't please everyone. I would say that if this happens that it is a tremendous hire. A coach that has done outstanding things with programs. I don't think just because you are hometown guy that you get the job. I believe that Harlan County may have just put the program first this time and left the hometown politics at home.;)

Lets compare Hensley to Larkey.

 

How many schools has either been too.

Larkey (3) Laurel, Cawood, Rockcastle

Hensley I think SW Pulaski, Somerset, Pulaski, East Jessamine, Wayne, Harrison, and Dunbar.

 

Now who stays where.

what about accomplishments

Larkey 2 state runner ups, 4 region titles, numerous distict titles

Hensley 0 anything.

 

Obviously it is true, you cant please everyone. A lot of parents think there kids are stars when they arent. I hope you arent one of those for your kids sake.

Larkey will be there to win and lead Harlan, not there to be a puppet as you put it.

Obviously it seems to me that you have not been around Harlan very much, because Tim Saylor has done everything he has since he become part of Cawood football to help himself and his Family and only them. So you can't see he is not going to be a part of this now. And no lets not make this personal because we all don't want that. My kids don't nothing to do about this topic i thought evreyone has an OP. And OBVIOUSLY you must not have raed where I said Larkey is a very good coach.

You can't please everyone. I would say that if this happens that it is a tremendous hire. A coach that has done outstanding things with programs. I don't think just because you are hometown guy that you get the job. I believe that Harlan County may have just put the program first this time and left the hometown politics at home.;)

Now come on we all know that Bell County loves this lol

Now come on we all know that Bell County loves this lol

 

If you believe that all of Bell loves this...then you truly understand what a great hire this is...

Is is a great hire, I can't say it's not if your looking short term. Before this when you thought of Rockcastle you thought of Larkey first. I would just love to have a coach at Harlan that would end up like that. I just don't think Larkey will be here long enough, but Hey I hope he bring us a state champ.

Is is a great hire, I can't say it's not if your looking short term. Before this when you thought of Rockcastle you thought of Larkey first. I would just love to have a coach at Harlan that would end up like that. I just don't think Larkey will be here long enough, but Hey I hope he bring us a state champ.

 

Do you think he will be there 5-7 years?

what I'm hearing is 3 tops unless he wins the state his first year then he done. Now thats just want I'm hearing from a very good source.

We haven't even heard if he is taking the job or not and you have heard this?

 

First, he will not move his family for one and done or three years. I believe that you will get him for at least 5 years if not to finish his career (10+) If the 5, then you will be able to get that you assistant under him with the experience to do the right things for the program. I don't believe you have anything to worry about as far as coaching goes.

Time to turn your attention toward providing the team with whatever they need. Like the money to attend camp this year because that will be big for them. By the way the money situation is there parents will really have to step up in the booster club.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.