Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tom Larkey to Harlan?

Featured Replies

Well this is big news. I wonder if Rockcastle even considered matching Harlans offer?

 

I don't think there is anyway possible that Rockcastle could match the offer!!

  • Replies 304
  • Views 23.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just hoping for a young coach, like David Hensley from Dunbar. But Larkey is a good coach. I just don't think he'll be here very long.

 

 

What makes you think Hensley would stay in Harlan? He has been to a lot of schools and never stayed vey long. I think he has been to SW Pulaski, Pulaski, Somerset, Wayne, Dunbar, harrison, Lincoln. He has made his rounds. I thought most in Harlan wanted a coach that was actually going to stay around.

The Mt. Vernon Signal has jumped the gun and tried to be the first to release this, however, the headline should've been Larkey OFFERED job in Harlan County, not ACCEPTED. There hasn't been any acceptance of anything. I know for a fact that the signal was not supposed to publish such a headline. No offered has been accepted.

 

The Mt. Vernon Signal may have jumped the gun and wasn't suppose to, but I don't think that Larkey would have met with his players yesterday just to tell them he as been "offered" the job.

The Mt. Vernon Signal has jumped the gun and tried to be the first to release this, however, the headline should've been Larkey OFFERED job in Harlan County, not ACCEPTED. There hasn't been any acceptance of anything. I know for a fact that the signal was not supposed to publish such a headline. No offered has been accepted.

 

I just got on line and read the Harlan Daily Enterprise for today. An article about the new football coach says that he will be named on the 4th at 5:00, like has been previously posted. In the article it says that reportedly Tom Larkey has "accepted" the job but won't be confirmed until Monday.

This story is playing out like a soap opera now :mad:

 

Come on Tom, either accept it or deny it. Everyone seems to know that you are going (or staying) except for you. At this point, I would rather have you leave today than stick around for another week of this mess. I do hope you stay but come on sir. Is it that hard to call your players up have them meet you to tell them about your intentions?

 

Ah well, this is why he is one of the most successful mountain coaches and I am not. :D He is handling it the best way he can, I guess.

This story is playing out like a soap opera now :mad:

 

Come on Tom, either accept it or deny it. Everyone seems to know that you are going (or staying) except for you. At this point, I would rather have you leave today than stick around for another week of this mess. I do hope you stay but come on sir. Is it that hard to call your players up have them meet you to tell them about your intentions?

 

Ah well, this is why he is one of the most successful mountain coaches and I am not. :D He is handling it the best way he can, I guess.

 

I agree with you rockcastleradiers! I would assume that all this talk about him staying or going has been hard on not only him but his family as well. Coach Larkey is a great coach and I'm sure he is trying to handle the whole situation the best he can, like you said.

What makes you think Hensley would stay in Harlan? He has been to a lot of schools and never stayed vey long. I think he has been to SW Pulaski, Pulaski, Somerset, Wayne, Dunbar, harrison, Lincoln. He has made his rounds. I thought most in Harlan wanted a coach that was actually going to stay around.

And you think we're going to get that with Larkey come on. The guy is older than dirt. Also you don't know Hensley like I do, trust me. Oh yeah you forgot a team East Jess. Here in Harlan we do want someone hear that is going to be a while and thats way I don't want Larkey and neither do a lot of people in Harlan.

And you think we're going to get that with Larkey come on. The guy is older than dirt. Also you don't know Hensley like I do, trust me. Oh yeah you forgot a team East Jess. Here in Harlan we do want someone hear that is going to be a while and thats way I don't want Larkey and neither do a lot of people in Harlan.

 

Larkey is a winner, albeit alittle long in the tooth but don't hold that against him. The people of Belfry, Newport CC and Bell Co. don't hold that against their coaches!

 

Oh yea you forgot Madison Central on the Hensley stops. How has Hensley faired in the playoffs?

And you think we're going to get that with Larkey come on. The guy is older than dirt. Also you don't know Hensley like I do, trust me. Oh yeah you forgot a team East Jess. Here in Harlan we do want someone hear that is going to be a while and thats way I don't want Larkey and neither do a lot of people in Harlan.

 

You do not want a proven winner? :confused:That is what you need to help combine those schools together.:sleep:

And you think we're going to get that with Larkey come on. The guy is older than dirt. Also you don't know Hensley like I do, trust me. Oh yeah you forgot a team East Jess. Here in Harlan we do want someone hear that is going to be a while and thats way I don't want Larkey and neither do a lot of people in Harlan.

 

I don't know who you have been talking too but the buzz that I'm hearing around Harlan is excitement on the possibility of Larkey being the coach. :banana:

And you think we're going to get that with Larkey come on. The guy is older than dirt. Also you don't know Hensley like I do, trust me. Oh yeah you forgot a team East Jess. Here in Harlan we do want someone hear that is going to be a while and thats way I don't want Larkey and neither do a lot of people in Harlan.

 

What you get with Coach Larkey is a proven program builder. After he does his job i.e. installs a system and trains assistant coaches, a quality coach can step right in as a replacement and never miss a beat. Hopefully, you guys (Harlan countians) will be over your jealousies by then and one of your good young coaches from Cawood, Evarts, or Cumberland can step in.

And you think we're going to get that with Larkey come on. The guy is older than dirt. Also you don't know Hensley like I do, trust me. Oh yeah you forgot a team East Jess. Here in Harlan we do want someone hear that is going to be a while and thats way I don't want Larkey and neither do a lot of people in Harlan.

 

Wow!

 

Most schools dream of this type leadership.

I have read a couple posts on here and it seems that their maybe players or parents of players starting to get worried about if little Johnny is going to play. If Larkey is your new coach your politics want make any headways, he will field the best team possible. So you will not have to worry, if you just work harder than the next guy.

Wow!

 

Most schools dream of this type leadership.

 

 

I get the impression that HBO669 may be related to Hensley :lol: I don't know that, but just a thought.

 

Harlan County needs somone like a Larkey to take on this challenge and will be very thankful to land him if it happens.

I have read a couple posts on here and it seems that their maybe players or parents of players starting to get worried about if little Johnny is going to play. If Larkey is your new coach your politics want make any headways, he will field the best team possible. So you will not have to worry, if you just work harder than the next guy.

 

:thumb:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.