Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tom Larkey to Harlan?

Featured Replies

I think the consensus is all but unanimous that Harlan County has made a great hire. I hope Coach Larkey is able to take advantage of some of the fine coaches already in the system.

  • Replies 304
  • Views 23.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has done a lot for Rockcastle, and I think he's earned the right to take a little time in his decision making.

 

That is why I said he is handling the situation the best way he can :rolleyes:

Tom Larkey is a very good coach. I heard he's had some health problems lately. Best of Luck to the Bears.

I believe that Bell County fans have mixed emotions. We love the rivalry between Rockcastle and Bell that has emerged between Hilton and Larkey. Take either one out of the mix and it changes things. Bell and Rockcastle will continue their rivalry that Larkey initiated. Bell will certainly begin a new rivalry with their neighbor school in Harlan County. This will provide a strong non-district game within the region. This also will be a large school and give Bell some real competition and certainly help their strength of schedule critics. Rumor has it that Bell and Harlan Black Bears will meet in the scrimmage of the SEKC Gridorama 2008. Since all the component schools were members of the SEKC, only makes sense that Harlan County will take their place. Anyone know more about this? With the absence of Middlesboro and Corbin rivalries....Harlan County will fill a great vacuum...and what better way to kick off this rivalry than to bring in the rival coach and pair him once again against his old adversary, who himself recently turned down the job! Great for SE Kentucky football. If it is true....????
I think Bell Co. will Play Harlan Independent in the Grid.
What has Harlan's record bee in the recent past?

 

It hasn't been good has it? If so, why would you complain about getting a guy who hasn't had a losing record in what..25 years?

 

 

 

No one would complain unless they have a personal agenda.

Harlan County and Bell will without a doubt play in the grid next summer.

That is why I said he is handling the situation the best way he can :rolleyes:

 

You also compared the situation to a "soap opera" and asked him to hurry up already.

You also compared the situation to a "soap opera" and asked him to hurry up already.

 

I guess he did hurry :D j/k

No one would complain unless they have a personal agenda.

 

Pretty obvious, wasn't it?

Harlan County and Bell will without a doubt play in the grid next summer.

 

Crap we don't want them to play in the Grid. We all know Dudley and Co. just use the grid to practice. I don't think they ever take them too serious. He has almost lost as many Grids as regular season games. :D

I still say that if they work together they could get a game on the schedule for next year.

Todays Lexington Herald has jump on the band wagon. So many reporting this it has to have substance. Fields notes reports.

Todays Lexington Herald has jump on the band wagon. So many reporting this it has to have substance. Fields notes reports.

 

 

I'm convinced. We have everything but an official announcement. WYMT reported last night that Coach Larkey confirmed his resignation from RC but said to wait for the announcement about his future. In the same report Harlan superintendent Saylor would neither confirm nor deny the hiring of Larkey but did say that they will be announcing the hiring of a well known coach. (I can't remember the exact wording so I'm paraphrasing there).

 

If you read carefully the posts from a certain very in the know RC poster, he pretty much spilled the beans a couple of pages ago.

 

I think I will go on record as "it's a done deal".

Todays Lexington Herald has jump on the band wagon. So many reporting this it has to have substance. Fields notes reports.

 

Tune it Monday at 5:00 :ylsuper:

Its all the way out except for the announcement.Heard it was too the tune of some sort of position worth around $63,000, not to mention what he gets for retirement. And the wife got a job, with a substanstial raise. Thats coming from a very respected coach who is very close to Larkey.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.