Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tom Larkey to Harlan?

Featured Replies

Could someone change the title from Harlan to Harlan County. It's no big deal but a little misleading.

 

Without speculating on whether or not this is a done deal or not, it would be a great great great hire for Harlan County High School. Coach Larkey is one of the state's best.

 

You couldn't be more correct Hound82. Isn't it great for the kids of Harlan County.

  • Replies 304
  • Views 23.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Saylor? He has a great football mind and the kids love playing for him. He is the best asst coach ( maybe coach) in the state IMO. He sure works hard at it. You will allways find him in the film room at all hours of the night on the weekend.
I have to agree with you on that he would have my vote!!!!
I have to agree with you on that he would have my vote!!!!

 

I think he'd be a GREAT head coach but I'm not sure he wants that job.

I hope that Coach Larkey has great success at Harlan Co but with out his great defensive Coach Saylor it may not be as easy as everyone thinks. He does the best at that and everyone has to admit that Rocket defense is pretty tough. It will be hard for Coach Larkey to find someone with his (Saylor) experience and most of all dedication to the team. They are the two best combinations that any school could come up with. I don't think that Harlan will be able to get Coach Saylor though.

I hope that Coach Larkey has great success at Harlan Co but with out his great defensive Coach Saylor it may not be as easy as everyone thinks. He does the best at that and everyone has to admit that Rocket defense is pretty tough. It will be hard for Coach Larkey to find someone with his (Saylor) experience and most of all dedication to the team. They are the two best combinations that any school could come up with. I don't think that Harlan will be able to get Coach Saylor though.

 

I really doubt Coach Saylor would go to Harlan Co. as well. I'd love to see him take the HC job in Rockcastle for a few years.

I do know what decision Coach Larkey has made BUT I will NOT be telling anyone. I feel like it is not my place to be saying what he is or isn't doing. You will all know as to his desicion when the proper time comes. Until then, some people just need to be quiet. Please let the man to what he thinks is best for him and his family instead of saying he needs to do this and he needs to do that just because you think you know what is best for him.

 

With all of that having been said, I want to say that no matter the announcement that Coach Larkey makes, I do want him to know that if it wasn't for him and the many other coaches that have been at Rockcastle County throughout the years, I probably wouldn't be the person that I am today. It is people like him, Coach Saylor, the Nobles, the Bussells, the Bishops, the McClures, the Hendricksons, and many other families that have had such a profound influence on my life that I will never be able to thank them enough. Rockcastle County has always been filled with great coaches who are more importanly, great people who have and will go above and beyond the call of duty to make sure that the teenagers they work with on a daily basis will have the chance to play.

I think Harlan County may open with the loaded Hazard Bulldogs in the Rax Bowl next season. Hazard will be one of the top 2 or 3 Class A teams in the state.

I think Harlan County may open with the loaded Hazard Bulldogs in the Rax Bowl next season. Hazard will be one of the top 2 or 3 Class A teams in the state.

 

From what I've heard this is true. :thumb: Even though Hazard will be a great test for Harlan County to start the season, you can guarantee that Coach Larkey will have the Black Bears ready!!

I do know what decision Coach Larkey has made BUT I will NOT be telling anyone.

 

LOL, then why say anything, statman? ;)

 

You will all know as to his desicion when the proper time comes. Until then, some people just need to be quiet. Please let the man to what he thinks is best for him and his family instead of saying he needs to do this and he needs to do that just because you think you know what is best for him.

 

With all due respect to Coach Larkey, that is what we do. If this were unfounded rumors, they would be sqashed quickly. But this story is beyond rumor, it has merit. This website is dedicated to high school sports of this state and this is a big story. We want to talk about it. :ylsuper:

 

I know when it involves "your" team, it is hard on some of us to let nature take it's course. But coaches for the most part have very thick skin when it comes to outside comments, and we as fans need to learn to follow that lead.

 

Coach Larkey is a strong leader and capable man. You know he isn't looking to BGP for advice. Likewise, I doubt anything said here about what he should or shouldn't do will have ANY affect on his decision or harm his family in any way.

Coach Larkey will be at Harlan Co. I guess it will be final tomorrow. Best of luck coach.

Coach Larkey will be at Harlan Co. I guess it will be final tomorrow. Best of luck coach.

 

How's Coach Larkey's health?

I heard from a very reliable source that goodbye's were said at Rockcastle Football Banquet today. Nothing was said for sure who would replace Coach Larkey but I knoaw Coach Saylor is staying which will be a plus for Rocket defense and hopefully our school superintendant and rest of the board will finally SUPPORT our football team. If Coach Larkey had had support that he should have he may not have left.

Saylor maybe staying on the Coaching staff depending on who the head Coach is.

The announcement will be made today at 5:00 that Larkey will be the coach of the Harlan County Black Bears. You can catch it on Mountain News!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.