Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tom Larkey to Harlan?

Featured Replies

We haven't even heard if he is taking the job or not and you have heard this?

 

First, he will not move his family for one and done or three years. I believe that you will get him for at least 5 years if not to finish his career (10+) If the 5, then you will be able to get that you assistant under him with the experience to do the right things for the program. I don't believe you have anything to worry about as far as coaching goes.

Time to turn your attention toward providing the team with whatever they need. Like the money to attend camp this year because that will be big for them. By the way the money situation is there parents will really have to step up in the booster club.

 

I agree with the "at least 5 years" :thumb:

  • Replies 304
  • Views 23.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hilton is older than Larkey and Larkey has a couple of more years left in his fifties. After all the 50's are the new 30's. Larkey wouldn't take a job he didn't plan on sticking around and seeing completed. I know he has a very personal relationship with a lot of people in Harlan and the surrounding areas, he will want nothing but success and I'm sure he will be around until that happens.

 

 

I did not realize Coach was still in his 50s. This is looking better and better for Harlan County.

Obviously it seems to me that you have not been around Harlan very much, because Tim Saylor has done everything he has since he become part of Cawood football to help himself and his Family and only them. So you can't see he is not going to be a part of this now. And no lets not make this personal because we all don't want that. My kids don't nothing to do about this topic i thought evreyone has an OP. And OBVIOUSLY you must not have raed where I said Larkey is a very good coach.

 

It isnt personal, then why call him old as dirt and declare you dont want him. Obviously you are a David Hensley fan, I know Hensley is from there and that is fine to want someone like that. Do you feel Hensley would feel pressure form the good old boys to play their kids first? YES. Larkey dont have this problem and only wants good for the program. I suggest you get behind whoever the coach is and support him becasue the first year could be rough when a consolidation happens. Do you think Larkey wants to lose?

Now come on we all know that Bell County loves this lol

I believe that Bell County fans have mixed emotions. We love the rivalry between Rockcastle and Bell that has emerged between Hilton and Larkey. Take either one out of the mix and it changes things. Bell and Rockcastle will continue their rivalry that Larkey initiated. Bell will certainly begin a new rivalry with their neighbor school in Harlan County. This will provide a strong non-district game within the region. This also will be a large school and give Bell some real competition and certainly help their strength of schedule critics. Rumor has it that Bell and Harlan Black Bears will meet in the scrimmage of the SEKC Gridorama 2008. Since all the component schools were members of the SEKC, only makes sense that Harlan County will take their place. Anyone know more about this? With the absence of Middlesboro and Corbin rivalries....Harlan County will fill a great vacuum...and what better way to kick off this rivalry than to bring in the rival coach and pair him once again against his old adversary, who himself recently turned down the job! Great for SE Kentucky football. If it is true....????

I did not realize Coach was still in his 50s. This is looking better and better for Harlan County.

 

Hilton, Haywood, Larkey, Holcomb are all in their 50s.

 

They could all still have a lot of good years ahead of them.

This story is playing out like a soap opera now :mad:

 

Come on Tom, either accept it or deny it. Everyone seems to know that you are going (or staying) except for you. At this point, I would rather have you leave today than stick around for another week of this mess. I do hope you stay but come on sir. Is it that hard to call your players up have them meet you to tell them about your intentions?

 

Ah well, this is why he is one of the most successful mountain coaches and I am not. :D He is handling it the best way he can, I guess.

 

He has done a lot for Rockcastle, and I think he's earned the right to take a little time in his decision making.

And you think we're going to get that with Larkey come on. The guy is older than dirt. Also you don't know Hensley like I do, trust me. Oh yeah you forgot a team East Jess. Here in Harlan we do want someone hear that is going to be a while and thats way I don't want Larkey and neither do a lot of people in Harlan.

 

What has Harlan's record bee in the recent past?

 

It hasn't been good has it? If so, why would you complain about getting a guy who hasn't had a losing record in what..25 years?

I have read a couple posts on here and it seems that their maybe players or parents of players starting to get worried about if little Johnny is going to play. If Larkey is your new coach your politics want make any headways, he will field the best team possible. So you will not have to worry, if you just work harder than the next guy.

 

If you don't practice hard and work your butt off, you won't play much for Tom Larkey. You have to earn your spot.

What has Harlan's record bee in the recent past?

 

It hasn't been good has it? If so, why would you complain about getting a guy who hasn't had a losing record in what..25 years?

 

Well since Harlan County High School's record is 0-0 in the recent past, I think you may be fighting a losing battle...

Obviously it seems to me that you have not been around Harlan very much, because Tim Saylor has done everything he has since he become part of Cawood football to help himself and his Family and only them. So you can't see he is not going to be a part of this now. And no lets not make this personal because we all don't want that. My kids don't nothing to do about this topic i thought evreyone has an OP. And OBVIOUSLY you must not have raed where I said Larkey is a very good coach.

 

3 possible reasons why you have made posts like these about the new coach.

 

1. You might think this is the Harlan County playhouse web page.:lol:

2. You do not like Mr. Saylor or Coach Larkey.

3. You or someone you like did not get the job.

 

Larkey is the best man for the job (Go BEARS). I think we should all just support the new coach and the kids of Harlan County.

Hilton, Haywood, Larkey, Holcomb are all in their 50s.

 

They could all still have a lot of good years ahead of them.

:thumb:
What has Harlan's record bee in the recent past?

 

It hasn't been good has it? If so, why would you complain about getting a guy who hasn't had a losing record in what..25 years?

 

I'm sorry, I haven't been following high school football very closely at all since I graduated :lol:.

 

What schools formed Harlan high?

Cawood, Evarts and Cumberland.

Lets compare Hensley to Larkey.

 

How many schools has either been too.

Larkey (3) Laurel, Cawood, Rockcastle

Hensley I think SW Pulaski, Somerset, Pulaski, East Jessamine, Wayne, Harrison, and Dunbar.

 

Now who stays where.

what about accomplishments

Larkey 2 state runner ups, 4 region titles, numerous distict titles

Hensley 0 anything.

 

Obviously it is true, you cant please everyone. A lot of parents think there kids are stars when they arent. I hope you arent one of those for your kids sake.

Larkey will be there to win and lead Harlan, not there to be a puppet as you put it.

Coach Hensley was an assistant at Madison Central also.
Larkey is a winner, albeit alittle long in the tooth but don't hold that against him. The people of Belfry, Newport CC and Bell Co. don't hold that against their coaches!

 

Oh yea you forgot Madison Central on the Hensley stops. How has Hensley faired in the playoffs?

 

Thanks NWO I mentioned that earlier. Hensley was not and should have not been a very attractive hire for this program if they were wanting stability and someone to win.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.