Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tom Larkey to Harlan?

Featured Replies

Lets keep this discussion focused on the football program. :thumb:

  • Replies 304
  • Views 23.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harlan County School will play in 5A after the first season.;)
After "playing down" for a year ... sounds vaguely familiar.

Once again, keep this thread about football, you can discuss basketball in the basketball forums.

Done is the word from Harlan. Good luck to Coach Larkey.

 

If this is true, then Harlan County High School will be getting a great coach!

If this is true, then Harlan County High School will be getting a great coach!

 

....and Rockcastle will be losing a legend. :cry:

If this were to happen could someone fill us in on what type of offense/defense Rock runs that Coach Larkey could bring with him???

This really, really surprises me.

 

I agree, it suprises me as well but from what I have been told (doesn't mean that its true.......:lol:) this will happen at the first of next week.

If he wanted Chris or Dackery to take over, why wouldn't Coach just retire? Why go to Harlan? I guess I'm just not getting it. No knock on Harlan, but he's a god in Rockcastle, plus he's not a young man.

If this were to happen could someone fill us in on what type of offense/defense Rock runs that Coach Larkey could bring with him???

 

Offensive playbook: Blast, Blast, Blast, Blast......

Defensive Playbook: STRONG offensive and defensive line. Smash-mouth corners that will knock your head off.

 

Overall: Harlan county may not win games immediately but they WILL have a team that will punch you in the mouth on offense and defense. That will happen.

If he wanted Chris or Dackery to take over, why wouldn't Coach just retire? Why go to Harlan? I guess I'm just not getting it. No knock on Harlan, but he's a god in Rockcastle, plus he's not a young man.

 

Tom probably wants a new challenge. He KNEW he could win in Mt. Vernon, I guess he is just going home.

I've heard that he has a son who is supposed to take over for him at the rock. Can any of the rock fans back this up (aka, does he even have a son in coaching?)?

 

I'm pretty sure that neither of his sons will become head coach if he leaves. However, I've heard nothing about him leaving.

Coach Saylor? He has a great football mind and the kids love playing for him. He is the best asst coach ( maybe coach) in the state IMO. He sure works hard at it. You will allways find him in the film room at all hours of the night on the weekend.

 

If Larkey indeed leaves, I wouldn't be surprised to see Coach Saylor retire.

If this were to happen could someone fill us in on what type of offense/defense Rock runs that Coach Larkey could bring with him???

 

Coach Larkey runs a power running offense, but will adapt to the players he has if necessary. If he has a lot of finesse fast guys and a good QB, he'll throw the ball a lot. But you can always expect the ROCK to have a good ground game.

If he wanted Chris or Dackery to take over, why wouldn't Coach just retire? Why go to Harlan? I guess I'm just not getting it. No knock on Harlan, but he's a god in Rockcastle, plus he's not a young man.

 

I am pretty confident that neither Chris or Dackery will be the head coach of Rockcastle if indeed Coach Tom Larkey decides to leave.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.