Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Where does Lincoln turn...

Featured Replies

You guys are walking on thin ice right now. Keep it clean or keep it to PMs.

  • Replies 216
  • Views 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't 2004 the last time that Lincoln played Danville and Boyle County?Didn't Danville win by more than 50 and some kid that had played the last play of the game was ruled inelgible so Danville had to forfeit the game?Will French put Lincoln back on the schedule?I thought they used to always play. What happened Network and why?

Yes that was the last time Lincoln played either one of these schools. The Danville score was not more than fifty. I remember that because Lincoln on had the running clock put on them one game that year and it was against Boyle. Also the kid played more thatn the last play I think but that is irrelevant. The next year Lincoln moved out of district and Smith was still at Boyle. French and Smith decided not to try to schedule because of there friendship. Plus there was a time when Boyle dropped Lincoln to soften the schedule only to add them back after they rebuilt.

I heard Buchanon is not interested....

We will find out soon.... I think it's funny to see the amount of people who think LC will NOT be able to hire a respectable replacement for French.

French was not the first good coach the school ever had.

 

Many people would be surprised to know the interest level the job has accumulated over the last week.

We will find out soon.... I think it's funny to see the amount of people who think LC will NOT be able to hire a respectable replacement for French.

French was not the first good coach the school ever had.

 

Many people would be surprised to know the interest level the job has accumulated over the last week.

 

I'm certain that it has drawn a good number of them. I think it's a great job and opportunity. I wish them to find the guy they want and need. :thumb:

Yes that was the last time Lincoln played either one of these schools. The Danville score was not more than fifty. I remember that because Lincoln on had the running clock put on them one game that year and it was against Boyle. Also the kid played more thatn the last play I think but that is irrelevant. The next year Lincoln moved out of district and Smith was still at Boyle. French and Smith decided not to try to schedule because of there friendship. Plus there was a time when Boyle dropped Lincoln to soften the schedule only to add them back after they rebuilt.

 

Boyle dropped Lincoln when the programs were at two different levels. They renewed their rivalry when Boyle moved up to AAA and they were put in the same district. Now that they aren't in the same district they haven't rescheduled which is a shame.

I'm certain that it has drawn a good number of them. I think it's a great job and opportunity. I wish them to find the guy they want and need. :thumb:

 

Hatz,

 

I was mainly poking fun at Mr. Predicta Coach over at the Advocate Mess. I feel like he wrote something yesterday without doing his homework. Much like he has been doing for the last month.

 

You have been more supportive than many of the people who live in Lincoln County about the situation.

 

I agree, about dropping the LC vs. BC game, however I was glad to see it done this last time. Those were some :sleep: for BC.

Lincoln County, notwithstanding district requirments, should be playing Danville, Boyle County, Mercer County, Garrard County and Rockcastle County. Year-in and year-out the games could be competitive.

 

Just to clear it up, Boyle County dropped Lincoln County after the 1992 season. After realignment in 2001, Boyle and Lincoln were in the same AAA district for 4 years from 2001-2004. By that time, Boyle County was a juggernaut and was in the middle of their 5 straight state titles. Boyle won those games by a combined total of 250 to 15. During those 4 years, LC had their worst run in the school's history going 3-7, 2-8, 2-8 and 3-7. As you will see below, Lincoln County led the series with Boyle County before this run.

 

As to the last game in the series against Danville, the game was in 2004 and the actual score was 48-0 in favor of the Admirals. The record book score is 1-0 in favor of Lincoln County as Danville was forced to forfeit for having an ineligible player (one that moved from Lincoln County).

 

Here are the series records for the neighboring schools:

 

Boyle County (23 games)- the Rebels lead 13 games to 10.

Danville (22 games)- the Admirals lead the series 20 games to 2.

Garrard County (22 games)- Lincoln County leads the series 15 games to 8.

Merer County (9 games)- Lincoln County leads the series 8 games to 1.

Rockcastle County (18 games)- Lincoln County leads the series 11 games to 7.

We will find out soon.... I think it's funny to see the amount of people who think LC will NOT be able to hire a respectable replacement for French.

French was not the first good coach the school ever had.

 

Many people would be surprised to know the interest level the job has accumulated over the last week.

 

Throw some names at us. I hope LC gets a great coach.

Throw some names at us. I hope LC gets a great coach.

 

I don't think that is fair to the coaches who are being considered and the ones who are not.

 

I think we should just wait and see what happens.

Besides who had herd of Larry Phillips when he was hired at Lincoln Co. I know the powers that be will find a great fit to lead the program. Can't wait.

I hope you do find a great Coach a (Chuck Smith) Type who will lead your team to countless State Championships in 5A.The best of luck to you guys.:thumb:

Hammertime,

 

I should have said Head Coaches, sorry for the mistake. It is more interesting talking about the coach(es) that I don't want, than the coaches that I do.

 

I have not bashed Buchanon. Like previously stated in my previous quote, I just think you and others think Lincoln would be lucky to have him, I think quite the opposite. He would be lucky to be at Lincoln. He has expressed interest in many schools, but he is still at Mason. It is either Mason is a great place to be, or the schools decide not to hire him. Maybe he just likes to interview. I have known coaches like that(Jaggers). That is my point.

The schools that he has ever been interested in have contacted him FIRST. His decision to listen to what they have to say is his. And to compare him to Jaggers is like comparing 'apples to oranges'. Be careful on making statements concerning things that you are not educated about!

The schools that he has ever been interested in have contacted him FIRST. His decision to listen to what they have to say is his. And to compare him to Jaggers is like comparing 'apples to oranges'. Be careful on making statements concerning things that you are not educated about!

 

You are too close to Mason Co's program to discuss things. I am just stating the obvious. Your right, I don't know things that someone involved with the program would know. Good luck next year against Lewis and Bourbon. Moderator, I am done.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.