Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Where does Lincoln turn...

Featured Replies

Word out of Bullitt County is that Settles from East will take the Lincoln job.

  • Replies 216
  • Views 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to the 30 days? Is that not a rule anymore? Plus can anybody verify this? Is it truth or just more rumors? I had heard that Lincoln has not even interviewed yet.

Word out of Bullitt County is that Settles from East will take the Lincoln job.

 

 

Perhaps, but it hasn't been offered yet, to my understanding.

What happened to the 30 days? Is that not a rule anymore? Plus can anybody verify this? Is it truth or just more rumors? I had heard that Lincoln has not even interviewed yet.

 

From what I understand, that is only for a teaching job, not a coaching job.

Perhaps, but it hasn't been offered yet, to my understanding.

So have they already conducted their interviews? Will the new HC be named next week. From what I have read, I thought they were still getting the committee together. Suppose Settles has already told some folks.

You are too close to Mason Co's program to discuss things. I am just stating the obvious. Your right, I don't know things that someone involved with the program would know. Good luck next year against Lewis and Bourbon. Moderator, I am done.

 

 

:rolleyes: I'll be glad when I see some facts to the statements.

 

FWIW, I've never even been to Maysville.

So have they already conducted their interviews? Will the new HC be named next week. From what I have read, I thought they were still getting the committee together. Suppose Settles has already told some folks.

 

From what I understand, the interveiws are not complete and no one has been offered the job. Of course, I am not on the committee and I am not a decision maker so my information could very well be wrong.

You are too close to Mason Co's program to discuss things. I am just stating the obvious. Your right, I don't know things that someone involved with the program would know. Good luck next year against Lewis and Bourbon. Moderator, I am done.

 

Their is one in every bunch:rolleyes:

The search group was formed last week, and the interview process is underway. Settles has talked to the school. They plan on interviewing more next week.

 

The job was not "posted", therefore they don't have to wait the 30 day period.

The schools that he has ever been interested in have contacted him FIRST. His decision to listen to what they have to say is his. And to compare him to Jaggers is like comparing 'apples to oranges'. Be careful on making statements concerning things that you are not educated about!

 

Would like to know what you mean by your comparison statement mchammer.How do you know the same thing hasn't happened with Jaggers. He's taken every team he's been a Head coach at to the state finals.I'm sure he's had the same thing happen to him as well.I agree that a coach should listen or check into what a school has to offer if they contact you but I also think a coach should see what a very good program has to offer even if they don't contact you.

Would like to know what you mean by your comparison statement mchammer.How do you know the same thing hasn't happened with Jaggers. He's taken every team he's been a Head coach at to the state finals.I'm sure he's had the same thing happen to him as well.I agree that a coach should listen or check into what a school has to offer if they contact you but I also think a coach should see what a very good program has to offer even if they don't contact you.

What I'm referring to in comparing Buchanan to Jaggers is that I have read on various BGP threads/posts in the past several years that Jaggers goes after a job, interviews, is offered a job, accepts and then declines. Of course, I don't know if all of that is true or not, I was just saying that Buchanan may talk to different schools, but he doesn't call them up, say he's interested, go through an interview and then say 'thanks but no thanks'. If he is contacted, he listens. Anybody (coach) has that right so I'm not negating that. My comments weren't referring to Jaggers' ability as a coach or that he hasn't had success. He has.

 

And for Burger House or anyone else who may be thinking I'm Coach Buchanan, I'm not. Coach B is Chiefsmoke and he has never tried to hide here on BGP. :thumb:

Monday is around the corner and maby w will get some answers and be talking about a new football coach at Lincoln County. Can't wait.

What I'm referring to in comparing Buchanan to Jaggers is that I have read on various BGP threads/posts in the past several years that Jaggers goes after a job, interviews, is offered a job, accepts and then declines. Of course, I don't know if all of that is true or not, I was just saying that Buchanan may talk to different schools, but he doesn't call them up, say he's interested, go through an interview and then say 'thanks but no thanks'. If he is contacted, he listens. Anybody (coach) has that right so I'm not negating that. My comments weren't referring to Jaggers' ability as a coach or that he hasn't had success. He has.

 

And for Burger House or anyone else who may be thinking I'm Coach Buchanan, I'm not. Coach B is Chiefsmoke and he has never tried to hide here on BGP. :thumb:

 

You got a chip on your shoulder. Nobody said you were the Head Coach. Everyone knows you are close to the program, but to what level, I think no one cares.

What I'm referring to in comparing Buchanan to Jaggers is that I have read on various BGP threads/posts in the past several years that Jaggers goes after a job, interviews, is offered a job, accepts and then declines. Of course, I don't know if all of that is true or not, I was just saying that Buchanan may talk to different schools, but he doesn't call them up, say he's interested, go through an interview and then say 'thanks but no thanks'. If he is contacted, he listens. Anybody (coach) has that right so I'm not negating that. My comments weren't referring to Jaggers' ability as a coach or that he hasn't had success. He has.

 

And for Burger House or anyone else who may be thinking I'm Coach Buchanan, I'm not. Coach B is Chiefsmoke and he has never tried to hide here on BGP. :thumb:

 

 

Relax...Buchanan gets mentioned for every job that comes open. Why? Because he is a great coach and beyond that he is a great guy. So, don't feel so compelled to defend him.....he doesn't need it.

Word out of Bullitt County is that Settles from East will take the Lincoln job.

 

This would be very suprising, but understandable if he can move closer to family.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.