Where does Lincoln turn...

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the long delay between the interview and offer are a factor in his delay. The longer he waits the harder it will be for him to leave his current job, IMHO

I agree. Same thing happened to some other schools. Some very nice applicants pulled out of a job due to a long delay.

If a school likes a coach that has had success, the coach wants/needs to be shown the courtesy of a quick decision in their favor.

I agree. Same thing happened to some other schools. Some very nice applicants pulled out of a job due to a long delay.

If a school likes a coach that has had success, the coach wants/needs to be shown the courtesy of a quick decision in their favor.

He needs to make a decision, because if he does leave this will leave East trying to find a coach quick for spring ball.:eek:

I agree, that is why LC needs to get their new coach in place, spring ball is right around the corner.

Everyone talks about spring ball, but what schools really have enough to particpate in either 7-7 or 11-11? A lot of school's best athletes or either in baseball, basketball, track.

I know this thread is about Lincoln replacing Coach French but this is just an idea I thought of.

Everyone talks about spring ball, but what schools really have enough to particpate in either 7-7 or 11-11? A lot of school's best athletes or either in baseball, basketball, track.

I know this thread is about Lincoln replacing Coach French but this is just an idea I thought of.

Highlands has a very robust spring practice. More hitting goes on in spring than at any other time of the year other than games (the thinking is that 1. the coaches have the summer to scrutinize the results and begin depth planning; and 2. if someone gets hurt, they have a lot of time to recover before games start). I'm sure its not perfect to some, but Dale works pretty hard to coordinate spring practices with the baseball and track teams.

Not to get the thread off topic, but I believe quite a few schools do have a good turnout for spring ball and 7 on 7. Raceland normally has around 40 for spring, out of 60 that dress in the fall. And 7 on 7 is pretty big as well.

Garrard may be pursuing Settles but I have a strong feeling he is going to be a Patriot.

Two points on this:

1. The money isn't too much different between Lincoln and Garrard

2. It's easier to win at Garrard than Lincoln because the class/opponents are little lighter.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Settles in Lancaster because of those two points, along with the fact that it seems like Lincoln has really drug their feet on the whole hiring procedure.

With the hiring on Settles at either school leaves Bullitt East looking for a coach late, this is a bad situation for all schools involved. There will only be one winner in the Settles sweepstakes: will it be East, Lincoln, or Garrard now. Who knows if Garrard is really in the race? I wonder how long Garrard will give him to think about it?;)