Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Where does Lincoln turn...

Featured Replies

  • Replies 216
  • Views 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be nice if we could get somone this week.

 

I agree, the sooner the better. I feel like the decesion will be within the next week or so.

I agree, the sooner the better. I feel like the decesion will be within the next week or so.

 

While I understand the Lincoln County desire to get a new coach in place, spring practice is still a ways off. It can't start until after basketball and basketball isn't ending for awhile in Stanford!

 

The folks at Lincoln need to focus on making the absolute best hire for their program, something that they have both done and not done during the past. If it takes a little longer to get the best available person, your program will be much better off in the future for it.

Spring practice is right around the corner. No matter what, there isn't much more than a month of basketball left. Weight lifting, in school recruiting and allowing the new coach time to get used to his new surroundings could all be underway with the new coach.

The interview process is well underway. The job has attracted some very interesting talent, regardless of what one local media outlet would allow you to believe.

 

Hopefully you are right, basketball won't end for a while. But that doesn't mean hiring the new coach can't be done. I would like to see the new coach on board to enjoy the ride of the basketball team too.

 

I agree patience is sometimes a good thing. But when you have already started interviewing, there is no since in waiting. Look how quickly Rockcastle made there move. Making a rational, timely hire instills confidnece into the team and community.

Word out of Bullitt County is that Settles from East will take the Lincoln job.

 

He did look but will probably stay put. LC had no frosh team and only 2 JV games. ????? for the future.

Can someone tell me at this day and time why a 5A highschool does not have a JV or freshman football team. Playing two JV games and no freshman games that is were you build your foundation for varsity. No wander coach French took another job. Maby i'm speaking out of line but that has to chage to build a solid foundation for the future.

Can someone tell me at this day and time why a 5A highschool does not have a JV or freshman football team. Playing two JV games and no freshman games that is were you build your foundation for varsity. No wander coach French took another job. Maby i'm speaking out of line but that has to chage to build a solid foundation for the future.

 

I agree, it is the coaches place to get enough players out to have those teams. 5A and no JV team?:confused:

There was a j.v. team in Lincoln last year and only 3 games were played. The team was apart of a conference with pulaski, south laural, wayne, McCreary, and Madison Southern. Three teams forfeited to the patriots due to not having enough kids to play.

Personally, I feel like the head coach should be the one who puts together the freshman and JV teams. The head coach has to recruit enough kids to fill the rosters of those teams for this to happen.

I saw Lincoln play last year and they only dressed 40 players. I know they didn't play a fresman schedule.Boyle Counties freshman were loaded with about 20 really good players. I guarantee it had something to do with French's decision.

Don't know where you heard that, here is the most recent info from the local media.

 

http://www.amnews.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=38174&format=html

 

 

I think Settles will be the next coach.

 

Wow. His comments are a bit shocking to me. One would wonder the opinion of his players and staff if he were to not get the job. It certainly could change perceptions of him in Mt. Washington if he stays.

 

Given that Buchanon is out, I certainly think that he is best man for the job. He is proven and a very respected coach and man.

sounds like a bunch of "if's, but's, and might's" to leave Mt. Washington...but his comments may have caused that ship to sail?

Wow. His comments are a bit shocking to me. One would wonder the opinion of his players and staff if he were to not get the job. It certainly could change perceptions of him in Mt. Washington if he stays.

 

Given that Buchanon is out, I certainly think that he is best man for the job. He is proven and a very respected coach and man.

 

He never said anything bad about Bullitt East? Ellaborate for me what you mean. I know several on his staff out in Mt. Wash and he has been very up front with them and BE about what is going on. It has more to do with family than anything.

He never said anything bad about Bullitt East? Ellaborate for me what you mean. I know several on his staff out in Mt. Wash and he has been very up front with them and BE about what is going on. It has more to do with family than anything.

 

I hope your sources in Mt. Washington are more credible that those on Dixie Hwy!:devil:

 

I made no comment that implied that Coach Settles made any negative comment(s) about B. East. I was taken back by the fact that he was so candid about the factors that would lead to taking or turning down the job. It certainly sounded as if Coach Settles is leaning towards taking the position if offered.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.