Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Where does Lincoln turn...

Featured Replies

If the football program is taking a back seat, than I would like a seat back there too. The football team is coming off season of 11-3 and 10-2 and state semi-final appearance.

 

Both programs are excelling right now, one thing to note is the exceptional athletes they have had over the past two seasons. That is the major contributer to the success of the football and basketball programs right now.

  • Replies 216
  • Views 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buchanan may not have won any champioships but neither has Lincoln.

 

I think I recall Lincoln playing in the Big Game a couples of times in the early 90's. I have not seen Mason there. The wins you listed included teams from single A competition. If those are big wins for Mason, I guess I could understand coming from a program with no signature wins, only playing a good game without winning(Highlands).

Coach French and Basketball Coach Jeff Jackson worked very well together sharing athletes between football and basketball. I think this will continue to happen with the new coach.

I think I recall Lincoln playing in the Big Game a couples of times in the early 90's. I have not seen Mason there. The wins you listed included teams from single A competition. If those are big wins for Mason, I guess I could understand coming from a program with no signature wins, only playing a good game without winning(Highlands).

 

 

As I stated earlier, what was Chuck Smith's record before Boyle? How man "big wins" were there? Sam Harp's before Danville? Exactly.

 

To dismiss Buchanan's coaching abilities is to probably only see records from afar and not examine the program at Mason upclose and see where it's come from and where it is going. It would be like judging Tom Larkey at Rockastle on the virtue of having only been to the final twice and had the misfortune of playing a buzz saw named Boyle in the title games. If you use your measuring stick you would probably discount his coaching and Rockastle's program as well.

As I stated earlier, what was Chuck Smith's record before Boyle? How man "big wins" were there? Sam Harp's before Danville? Exactly.

 

To dismiss Buchanan's coaching abilities is to probably only see records from afar and not examine the program at Mason upclose and see where it's come from and where it is going. It would be like judging Tom Larkey at Rockastle on the virtue of having only been to the final twice and had the misfortune of playing a buzz saw named Boyle in the title games. If you use your measuring stick you would probably discount his coaching and Rockastle's program as well.

 

As I stated earlier also, I think Coach Smith and Sam Harp had some big wins during the first 10 years with their program. Where was Boyle at before Coach Smith. At the bottom of the barrel. You have had to have some big wins (playoffs) after being somewhere for over 10 years. I just think Mason is a progam that will have a great year 2 or 3 out of ten, instead of programs having great years the majority of the time. You can't make excuses about a a school being a basketball school....A school can be both if it is done right.

I know over the past ten seasons, Buchanan has only had two losing seasons. He has had at least 6 wins per season every other year. I would take that.

As I stated earlier also, I think Coach Smith and Sam Harp had some big wins during the first 10 years with their program. Where was Boyle at before Coach Smith. At the bottom of the barrel. You have had to have some big wins (playoffs) after being somewhere for over 10 years. I just think Mason is a progam that will have a great year 2 or 3 out of ten, instead of programs having great years the majority of the time. You can't make excuses about a a school being a basketball school....A school can be both if it is done right.

 

Mason County Football Records

2007 8-4

2006 7-4

2005 7-4

2004 1-9

2003 12-2

2002 11-2

2001 12-2

2000 9-3

 

In the decade prior Mason County was 43-64. Reckon their program went up?

Mason County Football Records

2007 8-4

2006 7-4

2005 7-4

2004 1-9

2003 12-2

2002 11-2

2001 12-2

2000 9-3

 

In the decade prior Mason County was 43-64. Reckon their program went up?

 

That is not much improvement considering the past four years of 23-25. Looks like some of those marquee wins were from teams like Paris, Lewis, and Bourbon. Those teams might have a combined winning percentage last year of 25%. Looks like they just got by Paris in the first game and I don't care how bad you are, you should never win just one game like in 2004. You don't rebuild, you reload.

I know over the past ten seasons, Buchanan has only had two losing seasons. He has had at least 6 wins per season every other year. I would take that.

 

If you would take that then you are satisfied with mediocrity. I don't think anyone at Lincoln would be satisfied with that.

Burger, you should apply for the job. Or are you just on here to run down Buchanan?

Is it true that Scott Parkey (Assistant at Rockcastle) has been offered the job at Lincoln County? I have been hearing this lately.

If you would take that then you are satisfied with mediocrity. I don't think anyone at Lincoln would be satisfied with that.

 

You are right. We are not satisfied with mediocrity. Without the great records over the last two seasons, our 10 year record would be below .500. Despite four straight losing seasons in the past ten, Lincoln County is 58-53 during that time.

 

That is why every effort is being made to find a quality coach who can win, just like LC did with Coach French in 2004.

 

Here are the last ten seasons for LC (we want to keep the momentum going):

 

2007 11-3 (Larry French)

2006 10-2 (Larry French

2005 5-5 (Larry French)

2004 3-7 (Larry French

2003 2-8 (Robbie Lucas)

2002 2-8 (Robbie Lucas)

2001 3-7 (Tim Estes)

2000 6-5 (Tim Estes)

1999 9-4 (Tim Estes)

1998 7-4 (Tim Estes)

Is it true that Scott Parkey (Assistant at Rockcastle) has been offered the job at Lincoln County? I have been hearing this lately.

 

No one has been offered the job, including Scott Parkey.

No one has been offered the job, including Scott Parkey.

 

Thanks for the clarification.

That is not much improvement considering the past four years of 23-25. Looks like some of those marquee wins were from teams like Paris, Lewis, and Bourbon. Those teams might have a combined winning percentage last year of 25%. Looks like they just got by Paris in the first game and I don't care how bad you are, you should never win just one game like in 2004. You don't rebuild, you reload.

 

All county schools go through periods that of less than stellar talent levels (ask Boyle). The same kids that have won the games the past few years at Lincoln are the same kids that won the middle school football and basketball championships when they where in 8th grade. Those kids are winners and always will be no matter what they doing. LC also enjoyed a great run of athletes in the 90's that also conincided with wins in basketball just like is happening now. Success Breeds Success, but talent sure does help.

 

The great coaches see the talent level that is coming up and schedule (if possible) accordingly. Some of the "more experienced" coaches out there are masters at this.

 

Looks like a good record for Buchanan no matter who they have been playing.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.