Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Where does Lincoln turn...

Featured Replies

My personal wishlist:

 

Mike Settles (Bullit East)

Clay Clevenger (even though he had a rough year at Henderson)

Mark Perry (Washington)

 

If those three don't suffice, we could always revert back to Guy Morris.

 

Mark Perry could be a very good hire.

  • Replies 216
  • Views 18.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you add David Buchanan to this list we will be in agreement!! I don't even know if any of these would be interested, what do you think?

 

I think that is a name that will come up. Whether or not he would be interested in leaving Mason, I have no idea. But Lincoln would have to tug at him a little, I would think.

Its obvious by statements made in the newspaper by Coach French that Lincoln Co needs to do some things for the football program in order for them to continue to be successful. Do you think LC will now give the new hire what he needs as suggested by French? It will be an uphill battle if the new LC coach doesn't get anymore administrative support than what French did. Hopefully, the powers that be have learned something through this whole process.

Its obvious by statements made in the newspaper by Coach French that Lincoln Co needs to do some things for the football program in order for them to continue to be successful. Do you think LC will now give the new hire what he needs as suggested by French? It will be an uphill battle if the new LC coach doesn't get anymore administrative support than what French did. Hopefully, the powers that be have learned something through this whole process.

 

If anything, there was a communication gap. Coach French thought his concerns were known by the Central Office. For whatever reason they didn't know. In the last few days, they addressed all of his concerns and certain community members promised to put pressure on to hold them to their promises. Coach French was probably too far down stream by that point.

 

Here are the concerns:

 

1) He wanted another Assistant Coach in the high school. They agreed to this provided the candidate was qualified.

2) He wanted an Assistant Coach in the middle school to take over that program. The MS Principal agreed provided the candidate was qualified.

3) He wanted the practice field re-worked. They agreed and noted that a substantial amount of work had been done this past year and that if it was an on-going problem that they would find the solution. In fact, plans are in the works for an indoor practice facility.

4) He wanted a better stipend for the Assistant Coaches. This is a Board function and will come up in the Spring but they were not against it provided the money was available.

 

The "problems" at Lincoln County are not what some in the media or the community have made them to be. The new coach will have the cooperation of the Central Office, the administration of the high school and the middle school and the help of the community. Everybody sees the benefits of a quality football program and they are all willing to work to keep the momentum going.

If anything, there was a communication gap. Coach French thought his concerns were known by the Central Office. For whatever reason they didn't know. In the last few days, they addressed all of his concerns and certain community members promised to put pressure on to hold them to their promises. Coach French was probably too far down stream by that point.

 

Here are the concerns:

 

1) He wanted another Assistant Coach in the high school. They agreed to this provided the candidate was qualified.

2) He wanted an Assistant Coach in the middle school to take over that program. The MS Principal agreed provided the candidate was qualified.

3) He wanted the practice field re-worked. They agreed and noted that a substantial amount of work had been done this past year and that if it was an on-going problem that they would find the solution. In fact, plans are in the works for an indoor practice facility.

4) He wanted a better stipend for the Assistant Coaches. This is a Board function and will come up in the Spring but they were not against it provided the money was available.

 

The "problems" at Lincoln County are not what some in the media or the community have made them to be. The new coach will have the cooperation of the Central Office, the administration of the high school and the middle school and the help of the community. Everybody sees the benefits of a quality football program and they are all willing to work to keep the momentum going.

 

That sounds encouraging and will be a definite plus to whomever may apply for the job. French knows what it takes and his suggestions of what are needed at LC to continue to build a winning program need to happen.

Bill Mason would be a great one.....some others would be..IF interested?

 

Jerry Perry- Former HC @ Garrard County, DC @ Danville

 

Duane Hammons- Former HC @ Mercer County, DC @ Anderson Co.

 

Jeff Hester- Former HC @ Garrard County, DC @ Boyle County

 

 

 

Scratch Hester off, his son will be a freshman at Boyle and there are rumors he turned down the job at Boyle before Boyle offered it to Guy Morriss.

I'd say Guy Morriss.

I think that is a name that will come up. Whether or not he would be interested in leaving Mason, I have no idea. But Lincoln would have to tug at him a little, I would think.

 

I figured Buchanan's name would come up here.

 

Mr. Network, do you see LC going after Buchanan? I agree with Watusi, I think it would take some 'tugging' to get him interested, but its obvious the LC folks are hungry for football and continued success, so I can see the attraction to Coach B as he could be the one to carry forward what the Pats have started. Your thoughts on this?

I figured Buchanan's name would come up here.

 

Mr. Network, do you see LC going after Buchanan? I agree with Watusi, I think it would take some 'tugging' to get him interested, but its obvious the LC folks are hungry for football and continued success, so I can see the attraction to Coach B as he could be the one to carry forward what the Pats have started. Your thoughts on this?

 

He would be a perfect fit. I just don't know whether he would be interested. I do know that he was at the top of the list that Coach French gave as possible replacements.

Brad Hood - Current HC at Allen Co.

 

Great young coach with a family history of coaching to boot. Was a good assistant at LC.

He would be a perfect fit. I just don't know whether he would be interested. I do know that he was at the top of the list that Coach French gave as possible replacements.

Wow!! :eek: Thats quite an 'endorsement' considering how the folks at LC feel about Coach French. I know they value his opinion so one would have to assume LC will be giving Coach B a call. I'd say the level of interest for Buchanan will depend on what Lincoln is willing to offer... not just $, but doing those things Coach French said needed to be done.

If you add David Buchanan to this list we will be in agreement!! I don't even know if any of these would be interested, what do you think?

 

Yes I am very interested in Buchanan. Add it to the list:flame:

Scratch Hester off, his son will be a freshman at Boyle and there are rumors he turned down the job at Boyle before Boyle offered it to Guy Morriss.

 

I heard the same thing. I think he is happy with his DC job at Boyle and will not be looking elsewhere. Too bad though for Lincoln, Hester is a great coach.

Jerry Perry would be at the top of my list. However, I sure would hate to lose him at Danville.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.