Where does Lincoln turn...

I figured Buchanan's name would come up here.

Mr. Network, do you see LC going after Buchanan? I agree with Watusi, I think it would take some 'tugging' to get him interested, but its obvious the LC folks are hungry for football and continued success, so I can see the attraction to Coach B as he could be the one to carry forward what the Pats have started. Your thoughts on this?

Oh sure....Lincoln lets Larry French get away and Buchanan is ready and willing to go to Lincoln. Lincoln will have to settle for an unproven HC, a good coordinator.

What a mistake by Lincoln.......

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that is a name that will come up. Whether or not he would be interested in leaving Mason, I have no idea. But Lincoln would have to tug at him a little, I would think.

He would be a great coach anywhere. I think he would have to be kidnapped.

Oh sure....Lincoln lets Larry French get away and Buchanan is ready and willing to go to Lincoln. Lincoln will have to settle for an unproven HC, a good coordinator.

I agree... Lincoln lost a great one in French, but maybe now since they have said they will make the changes/additions needed to continue to be successful, the next HC will have more opportunities. I can't see Buchanan going to Lincoln if things stay the way they are.

It was Larry French's choice, not Lincoln County's. How is that a mistake by Lincoln County?

Your post is nonsense

I agree... Lincoln lost a great one in French, but maybe now since they have said they will make the changes/additions needed to continue to be successful, the next HC will have more opportunities. I can't see Buchanan going to Lincoln if things stay the way they are.

You are perpetuating the myth that there is a problem. It is more fiction than fact.

You are perpetuating the myth that there is a problem. It is more fiction than fact.

Don't mean to be 'perpetuating' anything. Just going on some of the things reported regarding French's statements about things needed for the LC football program. The 4 things you posted earlier that French asked of the LC administration.;)

Coach Clevenger did a fine job as the OC for coach French and all the mentioned candidates would be great hires. Does anyone know if there is anything more to the article about Clevenger in the Boyle County Newspaper? Has he been contacted? Who is the front runner?

French leaving was his choice. He decided he wanted to go to BC, it is a more "high profile" job. They nearly landed Guy Morris. French was their next choice. That says a lot about Coach French and the repect people have for his coaching abilitites.

It is a misconception to think LC doesn't have a good program, that has rebounded well from a few bad seasons. The community and adimistration are very determined to replace Coach French with another great coach. I feel it will get done, and that they will make a big splash in doing so. Their is strong support for the program, of course there are schools who have more support, but at the same time there are many more who support their program far less.

If you read the demands by French, you will notice that cooperation needed in meeting the demands were accepted and will be accomplished.

I think Settles from Bullitt East would be the best choice, because of his record, ties to the county (wife), and the use of a power running game (veer) which should fit Lincoln well, but it would seem hard to pull him away from Bullitt East. Then again things are not as rosey at BE because of the 6-4 and 6-5 records of the last couple of years. Maybe the program is in decline and needs to start up new again, but then again who knows. But one think is for sure those records at BE are not what the people of Mt. Washington want to see, especially because of the lose to North Bullitt in the playoffs.:D