Walton Verona 62 Grant County 59

Madman, what's your beef with the Seniors? Granted not everyone is a "leader". You play as a team and win and lose as a team. I'm tired of reading blame the seniors, blame the coach, blame etc. It's a team effort so quit blaming seniors for not stepping up. Each girl has their talent and just because they are a senior does not mean they are going to excel more than what they are able. As to warm ups, it seems to me most girls teams cut up and don't always take it so serious. Sounds to me you are to upset to be glad about a win. Not all games won look pretty but a win is a win when you read it in the paper.:bunny:

I have no beef with the seniors, just saying they need to take a bigger role in keeping the team focused. Younger players look up to them and they will learn by what they see. If the seniors aren't stepping it up then the younger girls will not either. In regards to warm-ups, I don't know how many games you've watched, but if you watch the better teams they take it serious and get focused on the game. It's not a girl's thing across the board and most do not cut up during warm-ups and those who get prepared win. I'm glad they won, just saying I'd like to see more leadership from those who should be providing it.

I have no beef with the seniors, just saying they need to take a bigger role in keeping the team focused. Younger players look up to them and they will learn by what they see. If the seniors aren't stepping it up then the younger girls will not either. In regards to warm-ups, I don't know how many games you've watched, but if you watch the better teams they take it serious and get focused on the game. It's not a girl's thing across the board and most do not cut up during warm-ups and those who get prepared win. I'm glad they won, just saying I'd like to see more leadership from those who should be providing it.

Hey, I'm just glad we won!:jump:

I have to admit that some of the things WV did baffled me a bit. They did not pressure the ball as much as I thought they would...when they did, they forced TO's. I also don't understand the play they kept running in the 4th. Hargett did not get touches on the play??

As for the pressure, I would think the game plan would be to press them with Gorby being out. Also, Hargett not touching the ball in the fourth seemed a lot like what happened in the fourth against Trimble in the All "A". I wonder if that is by design or just happened in each of the last two games.

Well I know at least one senior who is a leader and a good ball player. She works hard and will play at the next level. Geez, give them some credit. You can't lump all the seniors into one group!!

Agreed. I think though, all the seniors are fine. they looked down in this game because of that heart breaking lost to Trimble, that's understandable. But they are a good group of girls. They will be fine. :thumb:

I like this senior class, and they will be missed come next year. I totally agree about warmups, it is not acceptable for all the cutting up and clowning around. It is true that a win is a win I guess, but Walton will have to play much better in the districts if they plan on beating Grant for a 3rd time. I'm assuming Grant is the 3rd seed, but I'm not sure. The last few games I've watched Walton starts the game out strong, but then loses their MO when they seem to over sub early in the game.

About the Workman girl from Grant, I think what makes her so effective is she is somewhat out of control and plays with no fear. I like watching her.

I like this senior class, and they will be missed come next year. I totally agree about warmups, it is not acceptable for all the cutting up and clowning around. It is true that a win is a win I guess, but Walton will have to play much better in the districts if they plan on beating Grant for a 3rd time. I'm assuming Grant is the 3rd seed, but I'm not sure. The last few games I've watched Walton starts the game out strong, but then loses their MO when they seem to over sub early in the game.

About the Workman girl from Grant, I think what makes her so effective is she is somewhat out of control and plays with no fear. I like watching her.

Couldn't agree with you more. But Walton got the win, now we need to come out hard against Henry!

The 3rd and 4th seed hasn't been determined yet. Williamstown plays Grant on Friday. Grant has already beaten them once. If Williamstown wins, they go to the tie breaker - I believe it is a coin toss.

Attitude reflects leadership. It starts at the top.

Actually Williamstown still has Grant and Walton left both at Williamstown. If they beat Grant and loss to Walton, it will be a coin toss. If they win both, they will be the 3 seed.

Thanks for the clarification. You cleared it up.:thumb: