When Clinton said oral sex isn't sex....

there were cries that the youth would be hurt by this mindset. But the Clinton supporters said how ridiculous that was.

Fast forward 10 years later and here we have "hooking up."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17540879/

If you’re in your 40s, “hooking up” might mean catching a friend downtown for lunch. But to people in their teens or 20s, the phrase often means a casual sexual encounter — anything from kissing onwards — with no strings attached.

True, she regrets that “dating has gone completely by the boards,” replaced by group outings that lead to casual encounters. True, she regrets that oral sex “isn’t even considered sex anymore.” But she isn’t saying girls should not have sex; just that they should have it in the context of a meaningful connection: “I am saying that girls should have choices.”

Those in their 20's would have been very impressionable preteens and teens at that time Clinton was claiming that oral sex wasn't even sex and should our President having no regards to the context of family and staying true to your familial commitments but rather making sex something to do at a whim with whomever you can.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 21 year old was 11 at the time. You are saying an 11 year old had thought about oral sex and made the determination it wasn't sex.

If I could post more on here I would.

I work in the criminal justice system in Juvenile Court.

My answer is a very emphatic YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see kids every single day who start much younger than 11. I've seen 12-13 year olds in here with babies. I promise you they didn't all just get unlucky their first time.

Sad, awful, horrible, yes, but it happens.

If I could post more on here I would.

I work in the criminal justice system in Juvenile Court.

My answer is a very emphatic YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see kids every single day who start much younger than 11. I've seen 12-13 year olds in here with babies. I promise you they didn't all just get unlucky their first time.

Sad, awful, horrible, yes, but it happens.

Absolutely, there was the portion that did. But it has moved out of being a rare occurrence to a comman mindset of young adults.

For that to occur with no influence from Clinton, they would have had to make that call at the age of 10-11 in 96-97. From your moniker, I assume that means that it was before you were in your present line of work.

My son is 11 and I do not think that is a common discussion for them. Developing their mindset of whether oral sex is sex or not. Not unless there is a pokemon named oral sex.

Absolutely, there was the portion that did. But it has moved out of being a rare occurrence to a comman mindset of young adults.

For that to occur with no influence from Clinton, they would have had to make that call at the age of 10-11 in 96-97. From your moniker, I assume that means that it was before you were in your present line of work.

My son is 11 and I do not think that is a common discussion for them. Developing their mindset of whether oral sex is sex or not. Not unless there is a pokemon named oral sex.

This is your problem, you are thinking in your small little circle.

Go to any city, where 10-14 year old boys are fathers, carry guns, and deal drugs. and no, I'm not just referring to inner city, this happens in the suburbs too.

This is your problem, you are thinking in your small little circle.

Go to any city, where 10-14 year old boys are fathers, carry guns, and deal drugs. and no, I'm not just referring to inner city, this happens in the suburbs too.

But it has now influenced all and not limited to certain areas where 10 years ago, it wasn't.

I found it a BIG, too big to give him a free wash of it, coincidence that the position that the president took is now the position of the young adults who grew up at that time.

But it has now influenced all and not limited to certain areas where 10 years ago, it wasn't.

I found it a BIG, too big to give him a free wash of it, coincidence that the position that the president took is now the position of the young adults who grew up at that time.

I see where you are coming from and no one was more angry than me (at least no one who had voted for him) when all of this took place. I was angry because I had to explain words like sex, adultery and oral sex with my 8 year old son who could not understand why people didn't like his president. (I did not explain everything but all he needed to know in his terms)

However I grew up in the 70's and that attitude on oral sex was pretty common and then some among my peers in Central Kentucky. So to blame it all on Clinton is an over reach. To say he didn't help matters is an under reach.

I see where you are coming from and no one was more angry than me (at least no one who had voted for him) when all of this took place. I was angry because I had to explain words like sex, adultery and oral sex with my 8 year old son who could not understand why people didn't like his president. (I did not explain everything but all he needed to know in his terms)

However I grew up in the 70's and that attitude on oral sex was pretty common and then some among my peers in Central Kentucky. So to blame it all on Clinton is an over reach. To say he didn't help matters is an under reach.

No, he doesn't get full blame. But I think he stoked the fire during the late 90's. Of course, his claim would be that he didn't inhale either.:D

I grew up in the 80's and that was not the view of oral sex in my 80's.

Clinton has nothing to do with the attitude of young people towards sex. That attitude started in the '60's. Add the crap kids see at the movies and on TV and you wonder why adolescents are having casual sex?

Towards sex in general, I understand your point. But the consideration that oral sex is not sex at all came to the forefront with Billy. Now that seems to be the growing view of young adults who were impressionable at that time.