Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Legion decides to transfer from Kentucky

Featured Replies

Best shooter since Shepherd had yet to be proven, don't you think?

 

I agree. Maybe by reputation but hadn't proven diddly squat yet.

  • Replies 368
  • Views 44.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Gillispie is stubborn and egotistical. He ran off our best shooter since Jeff Shepherd. He needs to learn how to deal with his players. I support him, and always have, but he is making it harder for me with each day.

 

 

What was Gillispie stubborn about in handling this situation?

Only KY fans would spin losing a 5 star STUD into a positive thing.

 

Typical anti-UK nonsense. When UK fans are critical of a coach/player, they have unrealistic expectations. Now, when there is a bad situation and they don't flip out, they're "spinning it."

 

So really, you're going to be critical no matter what happens. That makes your commentary worthless. :p

What was Gillispie stubborn about in handling this situation?

 

It seems to me he is stubborn because some of the actions he's taken. He sat Joe Crawford on the end of the bench. Crawford is our best player. He kept Porter in the game over Bradley. I'm not a Bradley fan, but he is better than Porter. He kept Legion on the bench until the fans pushed for him to be put in the game. I think Gillispie likes to be the center of attention. The actions I have mentioned seem like pure stubborness to me.

 

And, yes, I meant he is the best shooter since Shepherd based on reputation - to clear things up. The potential was definitely there, though.

Legion has to be leaving for PT. Thats gotta be the main reason.

 

He has a history;

 

Legion considers transfer from Country Day

There have been comments made claiming that Michigan class of 2007 recruit Alex Legion is troublesome, possibly even scaring away other recruits with his attitude. Unfortunately, you might understand why after reading an article on Legion from today's Detroit News.

 

Claiming his coach is not getting the job done, and he's not seeing the ball enough on offense, Legion is considering a transfer from Country Day to nationally-renowned Oak Hill Academy...If you didn't know much about Country Day and you came to watch us play you wouldn't know I was their best player.

It seems to me he is stubborn because some of the actions he's taken. He sat Joe Crawford on the end of the bench. Crawford is our best player. He kept Porter in the game over Bradley. I'm not a Bradley fan, but he is better than Porter. He kept Legion on the bench until the fans pushed for him to be put in the game. I think Gillispie likes to be the center of attention. The actions I have mentioned seem like pure stubborness to me.

 

So you propose that missing team meetings shouldn't have any consequences for the player? What about not performing in practice? Should BCG select the starters by thier Rivals ranking coming out of high school?

 

I seem to remember Tubby starting going to a scoring system in practice at one point and sitting a bunch of the stars. Was he being stubborn?

I am fully behind a coach handling the PT of his players by how hard they are working or not working in his system.

Only KY fans would spin losing a 5 star STUD into a positive thing.

 

I myself wish he would stay and everything would work out for him at UK. Shoot with this roster we only have 4 healthy players who can score and he is one of them. But if he don't want to be here and buy into the system then there is no reason for him to be here.

 

Interestingly, I saw him and Gillespie leaving the Mason Co-Bryan Station game together Friday night.

Tubby was not one who relished the limelight. Gillispie comes off as a person who likes to be seen. I'm certainly not a coach basher. I will support Gillispie until he is gone. However, he has things he needs to understand. The program is bigger than the coach.

 

On a side note: I was told yesterday by an insurance agent out of Lexington that Gillispie has been pulled out of a bar beside of Rupp Arena three times for being intoxicated. I don't know if that is true or not, but that is what he said. I don't even know if there is a bar beside of Rupp. Is there any truth to this?

Tubby was not one who relished the limelight. Gillispie comes off as a person who likes to be seen. I'm certainly not a coach basher. I will support Gillispie until he is gone. However, he has things he needs to understand. The program is bigger than the coach.

 

On a side note: I was told yesterday by an insurance agent out of Lexington that Gillispie has been pulled out of a bar beside of Rupp Arena three times for being intoxicated. I don't know if that is true or not, but that is what he said. I don't even know if there is a bar beside of Rupp. Is there any truth to this?

 

Yes, unfortunately my sources tell me it's true.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It is true that there is a bar beside Rupp.......:lol::lol::lol:

I don't know about the rest of it.

I don't think she had as good of character as we all thought .

 

Based on what?

On a side note: I was told yesterday by an insurance agent...

 

Is he a banker on the side?

Isn't Carter the big slug from Scott County?? Good riddance--too slow and not physical enough for big time inside play!!

 

Please show some maturity. Just because he hasn't lived up to expectations and has dealt with injuries does not warrant anyone calling a 20 year old kid a "slug." That's embarrassing to UK fans.

Based on what?

 

 

Obviously that she wasn't a Wildcat fan. I'm surprised you weren't able to figure that out. :lol::lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.