Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Legion decides to transfer from Kentucky

Featured Replies

What exactly is the "problem"? Is it because he works these kids too hard or his sarcism?

From what I've heard he's just a jerk. Not typical hey I'm in charge I'm the coach tough love stuff, just a complete jerk.

 

From stories i've heard from other reliable sources, namely hssb, about blowing off alumni and boosters to other stories that I know are true based on who told them to me, he just seems to be so.

  • Replies 368
  • Views 44.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The whole banker story was you...:p

 

Just trying to pass along something that was supposdely true...kind of like Les Miles is 100% going to be the next coach at Michigan. :sssh:

"Crazy" was the same word I heard to describe her ...

 

Heard a guy who covers UK (name forgotten) that claims momma thinks she is a Prophet of some sort and that she stood the entire game against UNC and hollered at Gillispie that he was evil or some craziness like that.

Not sure as good as the youngman could be that its worth the hassle..

^OK, I can see that the way he speaks on camera. Thats all part of being a leader and he must learn if he is going to be successful.

Heard a guy who covers UK (name forgotten) that claims momma thinks she is a Prophet of some sort and that she stood the entire game against UNC and hollered at Gillispie that he was evil or some craziness like that.

Not sure as good as the youngman could be that its worth the hassle..

Nostra-momma!

Nostra-momma!

 

:lol: Nice...

From what I've heard he's just a jerk. Not typical hey I'm in charge I'm the coach tough love stuff, just a complete jerk.

 

From stories i've heard from other reliable sources, namely hssb, about blowing off alumni and boosters to other stories that I know are true based on who told them to me, he just seems to be so.

 

 

:thumb:

  • Author
From what I've heard he's just a jerk. Not typical hey I'm in charge I'm the coach tough love stuff, just a complete jerk.

 

From stories i've heard from other reliable sources, namely hssb, about blowing off alumni and boosters to other stories that I know are true based on who told them to me, he just seems to be so.

 

We are hearing the exact same thing...along the lines of BG doesn't really care about the players or what they do, they are just there to play basketball and that is it...

I'm not claiming you guys are lying or have faulty information or anything like that at all, but that really doesn't sound like the picture that was painted in his previous 2 stops. Were we just not hearing the whole story? Maybe... But this whole situation with Coach Gillispie just seems strange.

  • Author
I'm not claiming you guys are lying or have faulty information or anything like that at all, but that really doesn't sound like the picture that was painted in his previous 2 stops. Were we just not hearing the whole story? Maybe... But this whole situation with Coach Gillispie just seems strange.

 

Sometimes people change when they go from one extreme to the other....coaching at A & M and UK are 2 totally different horses...he makes more money, is in the national media more and has 50x more attention...the more people watching the more secrets will be told and it's a lot harder to hide...

I'm not claiming you guys are lying or have faulty information or anything like that at all, but that really doesn't sound like the picture that was painted in his previous 2 stops. Were we just not hearing the whole story? Maybe... But this whole situation with Coach Gillispie just seems strange.

 

I agree. I can see it being a complete culture shock though, and maybe spreading to the whole team.

 

He doesn't have a senior or two that have been in his system and can tell the other guys "hey... I know its rough, but you'll make it." Instead, maybe he's got a whole team going "He's crazy. Why does he do ...?" He obviously had an outstanding relationship with Law (at least by the time he left), so it can't just be that he rubs everyone the wrong way.

Jasper is merely average though, Legion had a great shot at being something special...BCG must've done something to tick him off, and it is not doing the University any good right now.

 

The jury is still out on Jasper being "average." If he gets healthy we will find out more about Jasper next year. But getting Jasper back fairly healthy for this team would be great! He plays good defense and is a great passer and is athletic. He would be a huge upgrade over any perimeter player besides Crawford and Bradley that we have healthy.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.