Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Legion decides to transfer from Kentucky

Featured Replies

So practice means nothing? NO MATTER HOW Legion was practicing he should still play? He gives 50% in practice and you play him? He NEVER does what the coach wants him to do and you still play him?

 

 

 

Practice?? Practice? Don't tell me we're talking about PRACTICE here.

  • Replies 368
  • Views 44.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So practice means nothing? NO MATTER HOW Legion was practicing he should still play? He gives 50% in practice and you play him? He NEVER does what the coach wants him to do and you still play him?

 

AI thinks you are crazy. Aww LRCW beat me to it. :irked:

Practice?? Practice? Don't tell me we're talking about PRACTICE here.

 

AI thinks you are crazy. Aww LRCW beat me to it. :irked:

 

I saw Mr. AI play games. I have watched him in college and the pros. Mr. Legion you ARE NO AI.:D

Carter is not gonna help UK this year.

 

I disagree...if he transfers, he'll be doing us a tremendous help by freeing up a roster spot.

 

I have plenty of confidence in Billy G. Do I wish Legion would have stayed? Sure, I guess. He was a talented guy, but one guy isn't going to make or break UK...especially in Gillispie's first year when he was left with a mid-major roster and knew he had some rebuilding to do.

 

What I want is for Gillispie to establish himself as the coach, show these guys that they're going to do things his way, and if they don't like it they can pack their bags. I do not want him to sacrifice anything for some modest short-term success. If Legion isn't happy with BCG and UK, then I say, good riddance. Just like I wish Joe Crawford would have never returned. I want guys who are committed to BCG and UK and are going to buy into his system...if they don't, then I'd rather them be elsewhere. In time, he's going to strengthen the roster and get guys that will play for him.

 

I honestly think that was a big part of Tubby's problem at the end of his tenure...letting guys like Crawford leave and then come back, Rondo never saw eye to eye, Morris tried to leave and then had no choice but to return. IMO, it was pretty obvious that Tubby had several guys that weren't fully buying into his system and that severely undermined his authority, made things difficult for him and made him look bad all the way around. I think by taking Crawford and Morris back, Tubby sacrificed some of his authority in hopes of some short-term success...maybe the Cats were a little better than what they would have been, but it ultimately resulted in two disappointing seasons and early NCAA exits.

 

I do not want to see Gillispie start down that road. I'd rather see the disgruntled guys who aren't going to buy into the system leave ASAP, so they can't sit around and stir up trouble. Gillispie has had some pretty impressive success in short stops at UTEP and Texas A & M...not exactly hoops meccas. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for a little longer than 6 games.

I disagree...if he transfers, he'll be doing us a tremendous help by freeing up a roster spot.

 

I have plenty of confidence in Billy G. Do I wish Legion would have stayed? Sure, I guess. He was a talented guy, but one guy isn't going to make or break UK...especially in Gillispie's first year when he was left with a mid-major roster and knew he had some rebuilding to do.

 

What I want is for Gillispie to establish himself as the coach, show these guys that they're going to do things his way, and if they don't like it they can pack their bags. I do not want him to sacrifice anything for some modest short-term success. If Legion isn't happy with BCG and UK, then I say, good riddance. Just like I wish Joe Crawford would have never returned. I want guys who are committed to BCG and UK and are going to buy into his system...if they don't, then I'd rather them be elsewhere. In time, he's going to strengthen the roster and get guys that will play for him.

 

I honestly think that was a big part of Tubby's problem at the end of his tenure...letting guys like Crawford leave and then come back, Rondo never saw eye to eye, Morris tried to leave and then had no choice but to return. IMO, it was pretty obvious that Tubby had several guys that weren't fully buying into his system and that severely undermined his authority, made things difficult for him and made him look bad all the way around. I think by taking Crawford and Morris back, Tubby sacrificed some of his authority in hopes of some short-term success...maybe the Cats were a little better than what they would have been, but it ultimately resulted in two disappointing seasons and early NCAA exits.

 

I do not want to see Gillispie start down that road. I'd rather see the disgruntled guys who aren't going to buy into the system leave ASAP, so they can't sit around and stir up trouble. Gillispie has had some pretty impressive success in short stops at UTEP and Texas A & M...not exactly hoops meccas. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for a little longer than 6 games.

 

:thumb:My feelings 100%!

Legion seems to be a bit on the kookoo side I'll stick with Jordan please! :thumb:

 

besides Jordan will most likely be there for 3-4 years not 1-2. So.......

 

I was gonna say look at the bright side. Trade us now and you have Legion...more than likely in a couple years, you'll have Crawford back too. :lol:

How does everyone know that Legion wasn't practicing hard and not doing what Gillispie wanted? Who, on this board, has seen the practices in the last few weeks?

Crazy mom or not if im that talented and sitting there watching Porter,Harris, and Coury play I would leave also.

Crazy mom or not if im that talented and sitting there watching Porter,Harris, and Coury play I would leave also.

 

Of course today's athlete does. It has to be the coaches fault. It definitely won't be MY FAULT.:irked:

 

Anyone else on here surprised I am defending Billy G so much?

Crazy mom or not if im that talented and sitting there watching Porter,Harris, and Coury play I would leave also.

 

So you decide to quit a few games into your freshman season? :confused:

Legion>Porter. Porter has no reason to be playing over Legion period. :irked:

 

Based on potential, I agree with you. But, Legion was a real liability on defense and maybe Coach was trying to make him realize that no matter how many points you score that you still have to stop the other team.

So you decide to quit a few games into your freshman season? :confused:

 

Of course you do. Remember to many of today's athletes it is all about them, them, them.

So you decide to quit a few games into your freshman season? :confused:

 

Maybe, we baby our kids so much now that it seems to be an acceptable thing to do.

Crazy mom or not if im that talented and sitting there watching Porter,Harris, and Coury play I would leave also.

 

Don't you think BCG had talks with AL and said if you want to play more, then you have to play D.??

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.