Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Legion decides to transfer from Kentucky

Featured Replies

  • Author
I agree. I can see it being a complete culture shock though, and maybe spreading to the whole team.

 

He doesn't have a senior or two that have been in his system and can tell the other guys "hey... I know its rough, but you'll make it." Instead, maybe he's got a whole team going "He's crazy. Why does he do ...?" He obviously had an outstanding relationship with Law (at least by the time he left), so it can't just be that he rubs everyone the wrong way.

 

Everyone keeps referring to one player....just because one player likes you doesn't make you or your methods OK. I would like to know what the other players on the team thought of Coach G.

  • Replies 368
  • Views 44.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone once said in the fire Tubby threads, be careful what you wish for UK fans, you just might get it.

 

Sometimes the grass that is greener on the other side of the fence is growing over a leaky septic tank.

  • Author
Someone once said in the fire Tubby threads, be careful what you wish for UK fans, you just might get it.

 

Sometimes the grass that is greener on the other side of the fence is growing over a leaky septic tank.

 

:laugh: That's classic....and the truth.

I think Billy G is just warming the seat for another coach in the SEC to take over in a few short seasons...

Someone once said in the fire Tubby threads...

 

Wow... can we please bring up Tubby in EVERY thread, even when he is COMPLETELY irrelevant?

Wow... can we please bring up Tubby in EVERY thread, even when he is COMPLETELY irrelevant?

 

:ylsuper::ylsuper::ylsuper:

1.jpg

Wow... can we please bring up Tubby in EVERY thread, even when he is COMPLETELY irrelevant?

 

If you really want me to, I will. But that would get old.:sssh:;):p

Dickey V. saying on National T.V. that players run in practice until their feet bleed, isn't a good recruiting tool...Just sayin

Dickey V. saying on National T.V. that players run in practice until their feet bleed, isn't a good recruiting tool...Just sayin

 

True, but it does show that a good number of these players are NOT coachable.

I have enjoyed reading this thread... High quality discussion for the most part.

I just wish everyone had some patience. This is a rebuilding year and things tend to get worse before they get better. The players that BG inherritted are lazy and he is working through that right now. This will effect everyone. Once he has a year of working through his expectaions, the attitudes will come around.

 

These players have been pampered for too long and they are going to resist change that is natural. BG has a reputation for taking bottom dwellers and making them good quick. That is easier than taking over for a team that has had some success and totally changing their outlook. If you look at Tenn right now, Pearl did a ESPN show where he bragged about having to have trashcans everywhere because he was making them puke. Guess who is the SEC favorite. Look at what Pitino did here in the early 90's he worked their tales off and it payed off. BCG is doing the same, he just doesn't have the buy in yet. I will say that the way PPat played with emotion on Saturday, BCG's message is starting to come through. It only takes one PPat type player to buy in and the rest is gravy. AS fans we have to accept BCG tearing these guys down and trying to rebuild them.

 

They will be alright in my opinion. I loved it when Hansbrough cut through the lane and had his head taken off by Coury. I hope we start playing like that. Tough minded teams no one wants apart of.

If you really want me to, I will. But that would get old.:sssh:;):p

 

I don't, but you have, and it has. :p

 

If you want to bring up Tubby in this discussion, here's the comparison:

 

Tubby had a highly rated shooter, McD's AA from Detroit, MI try to transfer during the middle of his freshman season.

I just wish everyone had some patience. This is a rebuilding year and things tend to get worse before they get better. The players that BG inherritted are lazy and he is working through that right now. This will effect everyone. Once he has a year of working through his expectaions, the attitudes will come around.

 

These players have been pampered for too long and they are going to resist change that is natural. BG has a reputation for taking bottom dwellers and making them good quick. That is easier than taking over for a team that has had some success and totally changing their outlook. If you look at Tenn right now, Pearl did a ESPN show where he bragged about having to have trashcans everywhere because he was making them puke. Guess who is the SEC favorite. Look at what Pitino did here in the early 90's he worked their tales off and it payed off. BCG is doing the same, he just doesn't have the buy in yet. I will say that the way PPat played with emotion on Saturday, BCG's message is starting to come through. It only takes one PPat type player to buy in and the rest is gravy. AS fans we have to accept BCG tearing these guys down and trying to rebuild them.

 

They will be alright in my opinion. I loved it when Hansbrough cut through the lane and had his head taken off by Coury. I hope we start playing like that. Tough minded teams no one wants apart of.

 

Agree.. top to bottom.

Sorry to see the kid leave, just glad he's taking momma with him. Like I've said we probably need to write this season and next off and get ready for the third one.

Dickey V. saying on National T.V. that players run in practice until their feet bleed, isn't a good recruiting tool...Just sayin

 

I disagree. The only people that would discourage are those that don't want to work hard. As for those people, our program doesn't need them anyway. As for making your feet bleed, big whoopin' deal. I've had my toenails turn black from running, a little blood is no big deal. That is probably TMI, but if a 35 year old lady can do it, so can some young college stud.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.