December 4, 200718 yr According to Rivals he did sign a LOI with UK. http://indiana.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=30871&Sport=2 From everything I have heard, this is not accurate. Even back to the time that Alex committed we were under the impression that he had signed his LOI with Michigan and therefore could not sign one elsewhere. This could only possibly be the case if he did sign with Michigan and I am 99.99999% sure that he did.
December 4, 200718 yr Typical anti-UK nonsense. When UK fans are critical of a coach/player, they have unrealistic expectations. Now, when there is a bad situation and they don't flip out, they're "spinning it." So really, you're going to be critical no matter what happens. That makes your commentary worthless. Let's be honest, everyone's commentary on here is worthless, doesn't means it's necessarily untrue though
December 4, 200718 yr From everything I have heard, this is not accurate. Even back to the time that Alex committed we were under the impression that he had signed his LOI with Michigan and therefore could not sign one elsewhere. This could only possibly be the case if he did sign with Michigan and I am 99.99999% sure that he did. You may be right, I was just look at his sheet and it said Signed LOI next to Kentucky so I figured I'd pass it on since most on here were saying he hadn't. I have no clue.
December 4, 200718 yr Unlike a national letter of intent, Legion's signing is not binding. Under NCAA rules, a player can't sign two letters of intent in a recruiting year. He signed a letter with Michigan in the fall but was released from it after coach Tommy Amaker was fired. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/sec/2007-04-25-kentucky-legion_N.htm
December 4, 200718 yr From everything I have heard, this is not accurate. Even back to the time that Alex committed we were under the impression that he had signed his LOI with Michigan and therefore could not sign one elsewhere. This could only possibly be the case if he did sign with Michigan and I am 99.99999% sure that he did. Thats my understanding as well.
December 4, 200718 yr 3 1/2 years. No LOI involved... He will have 2.5 years of eligibilty assuming he starts playing next January 2009. If he sits the entire 08/09 season, he would then have 3 years. He wont' sit so he will have 2.5 years.
December 4, 200718 yr Author Mom went to Gillispie on Friday and was seeking a release for her son. The kid came back Friday evening and said he wanted to stay... Then all was well until late Sunday night and then the kid jets when Gillispie was not around. This wont be the last defection...two more likely on the horizon. From my understanding Stewart and Jasper, this comes from the same place that told me last week that Legion was leaving after the semester. I don't know if it's true but both players pretty much have the same problem with BG that Legion does...
December 4, 200718 yr It seems to me he is stubborn because some of the actions he's taken. He sat Joe Crawford on the end of the bench. Crawford is our best player. He kept Porter in the game over Bradley. I'm not a Bradley fan, but he is better than Porter. He kept Legion on the bench until the fans pushed for him to be put in the game. I think Gillispie likes to be the center of attention. The actions I have mentioned seem like pure stubborness to me. And, yes, I meant he is the best shooter since Shepherd based on reputation - to clear things up. The potential was definitely there, though. BCG is the dog and the players are the tail. The tail don't wag the dog.:fight:
December 4, 200718 yr From my understanding Stewart and Jasper, this comes from the same place that told me last week that Legion was leaving after the semester. I don't know if it's true but both players pretty much have the same problem with BG that Legion does... And what is that problem? They won't work hard as the coach requires? They won't do the things the coach needs them to do? He is unfair and says mean things to them?
December 4, 200718 yr From my understanding Stewart and Jasper I could possibly see Stewart, but not Jasper. He's barely practiced since BCG got here, I don't see how a huge conflict could have developed.
December 4, 200718 yr I could possibly see Stewart, but not Jasper. He's barely practiced since BCG got here, I don't see how a huge conflict could have developed. That's what I was thinking. Plus, Jasper is one of the few that I have heard BCG publicly compliment.
December 4, 200718 yr To be honest with everyone, I thought about this last night. At first, I was pretty aggravated about Legion leaving. Now, after some thought, I wish anyone that is going to be a thorn in the team's chemistry was put their skirts on and leave ASAP. Give me 10 guys that WANT to be college basketball players and want to be Kentucky Wildcats. I don't care if we're 5-22 at the end of the season as long as we give everything we have on the court and play like a team. The talent will come and we will once again be a great program. This reminds me of when Roy Williams came to UNC. They were terrible for one season - but that seems to have worked out in the long run.
December 4, 200718 yr This reminds me of when Roy Williams came to UNC. They were terrible for one season - but that seems to have worked out in the long run. Weren't they terrible that one season because they were all young , immature, and wannabe "the man" types? UNC fired their coach in favor of their players. Are you advocating UK do the same?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.