Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Legion decides to transfer from Kentucky

Featured Replies

I really hate to see Legion go, and hate to see him go, but I feel sorry for the kid. If he is already quitting before the season is even half way over their is a good chance he will do it the rest of his life. He should have atleast waited until after the season, the freshmen year is so critical.

  • Replies 368
  • Views 44.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe, we baby our kids so much now that it seems to be an acceptable thing to do.

 

Not only do I view it as unacceptable, I also think it's a very dumb decision. Doesn't Legion lose a year of eligibility for transferring now?

So you decide to quit a few games into your freshman season? :confused:

 

I don't have a problem with the kid transferring at all. If he isn't happy at UK, go play somewhere else. It's his life and he needs to make the decisions that he believes will benefit him the most down the road.

 

Let's be honest here. Most of these kids are coming out of highschools where they were worshiped. With 90 percent of the great younger players going into the league after their freshman or sophomore year why would they show any loyalty to a team ?

 

My problem lies with him quitting in the middle of the season. I was taught at a young age that happy or not, when you start something, you finish it. You tough it out. No questions asked. It makes you a stronger person. I'm only 22 so I can't really use the phrase "kids these days" yet, but I will anyway, kids these days arent tough and don't value loyalty much. Sadly, college basketball isnt much more than a stepping stone to the NBA for a lot of these guys and they know that. I don't see why more kids don't go vacation in Hawaii for a year, play some college ball out there then enter the draft. Kinda like what Mayo is doing at USC.

Not only do I view it as unacceptable, I also think it's a very dumb decision. Doesn't Legion lose a year of eligibility for transferring now?

 

Actually the thread had became boring so I thought I would spark it. I agree with you but we must face it, in todays world we are in the minority on this. Quitting is acceptable now.

Actually the thread had became boring so I thought I would spark it. I agree with you but we must face it, in todays world we are in the minority on this. Quitting is acceptable now.

 

I disagree...

I'm hearing the same thing from people that know Legion well ... the mother is a big part of the problem.

 

When your mother goes off to college with you..........you might just be a "momma's boy".

When your mother goes off to college with you..........you might just be a "momma's boy".

 

He's a good ball so atleast when he's living in his mom's basement it will be a nice one with the paycheck he'll be making one day.

He's a good ball so atleast when he's living in his mom's basement it will be a nice one with the paycheck he'll be making one day.

 

With his attitude and work ethic, he won't be around long.

Based on potential, I agree with you. But, Legion was a real liability on defense and maybe Coach was trying to make him realize that no matter how many points you score that you still have to stop the other team.

 

Porter is terrible on D too.

Actually I thought Porter did a great job guarding Ellington especially considering he was way overmatched.

Actually I thought Porter did a great job guarding Ellington especially considering he was way overmatched.

 

Ellington had like 20 and when he was on Lawson he went around him at all.

Gillispie the salesman and Gillispie the coach are not one in the same...

Bingo!

 

Very, very accurate.

 

Taking this one step further.....the Gillispie on camera, and the Gillispie in real life are more disimilar than Jekyl and Hyde ever dream of being.

Bingo!

 

Very, very accurate.

 

Taking this one step further.....the Gillispie on camera, and the Gillispie in real life are more disimilar than Jekyl and Hyde ever dream of being.

I slip up and get one right every now and again... ;)

Legion played better in 5 min then Porter did the whole game.

 

 

I would beg to differ just a little on this...... As a matter of fact Legion was in for 3 mins and was pulled out. I saw ( I was at the game so able to see the coaching going on) Coach BG tell him where to go on offense and then sent him back in. So....?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.