Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Legion decides to transfer from Kentucky

Featured Replies

Who is this tubby guy you speak of?

 

 

Look up overrated in the dictionary.

  • Replies 368
  • Views 44.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't have a problem with the kid transferring at all. If he isn't happy at UK, go play somewhere else. It's his life and he needs to make the decisions that he believes will benefit him the most down the road.

 

Let's be honest here. Most of these kids are coming out of highschools where they were worshiped. With 90 percent of the great younger players going into the league after their freshman or sophomore year why would they show any loyalty to a team ?

 

My problem lies with him quitting in the middle of the season. I was taught at a young age that happy or not, when you start something, you finish it. You tough it out. No questions asked. It makes you a stronger person. I'm only 22 so I can't really use the phrase "kids these days" yet, but I will anyway, kids these days arent tough and don't value loyalty much. Sadly, college basketball isnt much more than a stepping stone to the NBA for a lot of these guys and they know that. I don't see why more kids don't go vacation in Hawaii for a year, play some college ball out there then enter the draft. Kinda like what Mayo is doing at USC.

 

Sadly, its not a stepping stone for most of them but they feel it is. This is a classic example of that.

 

G

Heard were Matt Jones was on 1530 with Gregg Doyel and mentioned how Legion's mom was standing and yelling at BCG during the game for not putting Alex in.

Said she had had enough and that she and her son were put of there and that there were too many demons in Lexington.

Said she didn't like how BCG yelled and cussed at her son.

:lol:

Heard were Matt Jones was on 1530 with Gregg Doyel and mentioned how Legion's mom was standing and yelling at BCG during the game for not putting Alex in.

Said she had had enough and that she and her son were put of there and that there were too many demons in Lexington.

Said she didn't like how BCG yelled and cussed at her son.

:lol:

 

I once had a coach that would often say, "and if your mommy and daddy don't like it, I'll tell them where to go too!" Of course, that was back in the day when the coach was actually the one in control.

Look up overrated in the dictionary.

 

Tubby is an antonym for "recruiter"

I once had a coach that would often say, "and if your mommy and daddy don't like it, I'll tell them where to go too!" Of course, that was back in the day when the coach was actually the one in control.

 

Sounds like we had the same coach:lol::lol:

Carter is not gonna help UK this year.

 

 

EVER!!!

Based on potential, I agree with you. But, Legion was a real liability on defense and maybe Coach was trying to make him realize that no matter how many points you score that you still have to stop the other team.

 

Porter has no business being on the floor. He should be playing down the road at Transy IMO. Not a D1 player.

Porter has no business being on the floor. He should be playing down the road at Transy IMO. Not a D1 player.

 

Transy!!!! Don't demean that program. He would make a good water boy though.

The Legion Of Doom!!!

 

I don't like to see any player leave but sometimes it is better for both parties. I hope he doesn't regret his decision a few years from now.

 

:thumb: After reading through most of this thread "not all" I have to say that I hate to lose Legion and imo he is an exceptional talent. I hope the young man can get himself into a situation that he feels better with. I have to say that it sounds like to me that he is having trouble with the adjustments from a superstar high school player to a college player...where everyone is good or they wouldn't be there and that college coaches maybe do not give "superstar" attention to him. They are one player on a TEAM. JMO and this may not be the case at all.

I thought that Legion would end up be a a very good player for the Wildcats. As I said earlier, I hate to lose him and wish him well.

U.K. will be fine, a program does not consist of one player. Never has and never will.

When your mother goes off to college with you..........you might just be a "momma's boy".

 

:thumb:

 

 

ALSO, How many coaches ARE the same recruiting as coaching?

 

:confused:

 

You have to put on a face the parents will love to land a kid.

 

How many of you have ever been in the military? The recruiter tells everyone what they want and need to hear until they land them, THEN you get the Drill Sergeant (or Drill Instructor, for the Marines amongst us.) They are completely different people.

I'm hearing we should know a destination in the next 24 hours...

I already told you guys Minnesota is a serious contender.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.