1. 1. Who wins the title?

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disipline wins this one.

Belfry 28

L.C. 13

If that's the only factor, which I don't believe for a heart beat, than this will be a closer game than you're predicting ..... Louisville Central was one of the most disiplined teams I saw St. X play all year.

:thumb: GO YELLOWJACKETS! :thumb:

I'll be pulling for Central. I have the utmost respect for Belfry, having gotten to know their fans over the years, were they playing anyone else they'd have my support. However I have been pulling for this for the Central Yellowjackets for years, I really want to see this for them.

I hate to say it, but I have to go this way, this year as well.

Well looks like I will have to shut off the lights tomorrow on my way out of town.

PREDICTION TIME!

KEYS TO SUCCESS:

BELFRY

1. Old School Is Fine With Me- To win Belfry needs to play the same football they have the past 30 years. This means control the line of scrimmage, wear them down over the course of the game, take what they give you and don't get too fancy, and EXECUTE. Central is more athletic, but Belfry is more skilled.

2. Exploit Central's Weaknesses- Yes Central played Highlands very good, but the key stat that everyone forgets is Highlands outscored Central 21-0 in the 4th Quarter. This tells me alot, watching Central on film told me even more. The Jackets use a variation of the spread, but they constantly use Tight Ends in primarily a blocking role, more times than not for Max Protection. This really tells me that Belfry will... A) have a really good shot of disrupting them with their defensive pressure and quickness up front B) be able to play their DE's at the line fo scrimmage which makes Belfry very, very, very tough to run on. Additionally, as I mentioned last night Central's DB's will have a fit fighting off blocks with Belfry's physical receivers and lead blockers due to their size, they are also going to be in trouble if either of Belfry's monster RB's are able to spring into the second level.

3. "The 4th...err... the 3rd Quarter is Ours!"- Belfry has absolutely been stellar in the 3rd Quarter this year. This game should definately be close at the half IMO, Central is sure to throw some things at Belfry they haven't seen all year, the veteran/legendary coaching staff must be able to make the adjustments at half. If Belfry wins the 3rd Quarter and takes a lead into the 4th, it will become very difficult for Central to overcome Belfry's experience and tiring style of play.

CENTRAL

1. Make Belfry "Play"- Belfry ahs not trailed this entire season, in fact IMO no team has been within 4 TD's of the Pirates, that will not be the case Friday. Central will be unlike any other team Belfry has seen, they willd efinately cause some matchup problems, the key is to exploit those time after time and jump out on Belfry early. If Belfry can maintain the lead this game will be next to impossible for Central to win, but if they can put doubt in Belfry's head they can win, and possibly win big.

2. Don't Play Like The Underdog- All too often teams who feel they are a decisive underdog versuses Belfry gets too cute with their playcalling and starts resorting to trick plays. Belfry WILL stop you, Belfry WILL make big plays on defense, Belfry WILL frustrate you.... but the key is to be resilient and continue to probe this defense until you find things that work. Trick plays rarely work on a Belfry team that is very disciplined, additionally, Belfry feeds off of momentum created by this defense, going for 4th down conversions and missing them can cause a 7 point deficit to quickly baloon to a 21 point deficit.

3. Play Like a Repeat Champion- It is evry easy to get caught up in the hype and hoopla surrounding the state finals, Central must play with the same level head as Belfry.All too often first time appearingt eams make one or two big mistakes and then it snowballs, Central has got to realize that they will amke mistakes, but so will Belfry. The key is to play the same after their mistake until things balance out.

PREDICTION:

Central can very easily beat Belfry. They have the karma, the homefield, the athletes, the speed, and the mystery. But, Belfry's defense will be too much in this one, and although Centrla will equate themselves better against Belfry's offense than anyone else has came remotely close to, eventually the wear of the Pirates constantly laying on them, will ultimately put Belfry in position to win.

Belfry 20

Central 14