Trinity vs. Saint Xavier 6A State Championship

Who wins the title?  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the title?

Here's the breakdown from September 28 from your website. Trinity 2 LB's 14 tackles X 3 LB- 7 tackles.

TACKLES (UA-A): St Xavier Lou-DJ Hall 7-0; 20 5-0; J Carpenter 3-0; J

Merimee 3-0; N Heuser 3-0; N Combs 3-0; C Showalter 2-0; C Hale 2-0; C Allgeier 2-0; J Hilt 1-0; C Jones 1-0; M Roth 1-0; S Galbraith 1-0; G Datillo 1-0; J Taylor 1-0; J Martin 1-0.

Trinity High School-J Whiting 8-0; W Weitlauf 6-0; 53 5-0; S Robey 4-0; D SHearer 3-0; T Bishop 2-0; A Kupper 2-0; A Deeds 1-0; R Krupp 1-0; B Messina 1-0; M Hogan 1-0; P McCauley 1-0; N Van Wallaghen 1-0.

Here are Some more random stats to consider:

Division 1 Scholarship offers- Trinity LB-1(Ohio State), X LB-0

Division 1 Matchup- Sam Robey- ( Florida, U of L, UK, etc) James Carpenter ( none )

Division 1 Matchup- Nathan Dutton WR ( many, I am sure ) WR- vs Connor Hale ( none )

Mr Kentucky Candidates- T- 1 X - None

Last playoff game Kickoff touchbacks- Zlatan-6 St.X kickers-0

Number of Non-District opponents that reached 2nd round of KY playoffs

Trinity 3 of 6 (plus Ohio State Champion St X) St X 7 of 7

Number of Non district opponents in the Ky state finals

Trinity 2 of 6 St X 3 of 7

Stein's record as starting QB versus X 0-3

Zoeller's record as starting QB versus T 3-0

Record away or neutral site games T- Wins 3 Losses 2 average score 41-24

St X 6-0 average score 38-8

Average score versus state final teams ( Ohio and KY)

T- 28 to 33- 3 games- 1-2 record

St X - 33 to 10 -3 games- 3-0 record

Biggest Impact player since September 28th( IMHO )- T DT-Colin Saylor

St X- Will Simmons

Season interceptions thrown T-6 X-1

Season fumbles lost T-11 St X-5

Number of 2 way players- Trinity 4 St X-0

Congrats on a great season Tigers - "It will be an honor to be on the same field with you" :thumb:

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who won the first game? Its hard to beat a good team in the same season twice. But the "D" for X is a very active and the QB threat to run is hard to stop. Rocks lose, and its not even close. 28-10.

I might change my mind by saturday nite. The Rock QB is playing real well and Tim is a break away, Rocks have some payback, and Jordon is huge on "D".... X lose in OT 16-10.

Who won the first game? Its hard to beat a good team in the same season twice. But the "D" for X is a very active and the QB threat to run is hard to stop. Rocks lose, and its not even close. 28-10.

I might change my mind by saturday nite. The Rock QB is playing real well and Tim is a break away, Rocks have some payback, and Jordon is huge on "D".... X lose in OT 16-10.

AL..............Yes, please change your mind on this one. We were really counting on you for come thru for us. You were about the only hope we had. Please reconsider. Thank you in advance. :bunny:

Thank you!

It looks like all of the Trinity faithful are on the same hymnal page singing “we don’t have a chance”. Meade County supporters gave the Green Wave a better chance of winning than Trinity is giving their team. However it won’t work. The smoke detector is going off at 100db and the Tiger faithful are having no part of it.

The Trinity supporters are setting up a perfect no lose situation. If Trinity loses they can always say “I told you so”. If Trinity wins, Bob Beatty will be proclaimed the greatest coach in the history of football, and this Trinity team will be credited with the biggest upset in the past 50 years, or at least as long as Trinity has been playing football.

The Tigers will show up ready to play regardless.

St. X absolutely, positively, undoubtedly HAS to win this game. Should T pull the upset, that pool on Poplar Level will be boiling! The balance of power in the universe is at hand here... to think the Rocks would gain another title is unthinkable!

I agree with this statement!

Well....all but the end...that is just silly!

T is home team.

Which makes no sense what so ever.

Why does the Odd/Low; Even/High rule apply to only the first 3 rounds and not the entire tournament?

Oh Ya! I forgot, it's the KHSAA! :eek:

:thumb: GO TIGERS! :thumb:

St. X absolutely, positively, undoubtedly HAS to win this game. Should T pull the upset, that pool on Poplar Level will be boiling! The balance of power in the universe is at hand here... to think the Rocks would gain another title is unthinkable!

It's unthinkable on Poplar Level Road. A few weeks ago I said that Trinity wants to win, but X needs to win. Everything about this game says X should win, but I suspect our guys will show up anyway. Trinity will need to play much better on defense than they did against Boone County. They will. Make it Trinity 17, X 14.

TRINITY FOREVER

It's unthinkable on Poplar Level Road. A few weeks ago I said that Trinity wants to win, but X needs to win. Everything about this game says X should win, but I suspect our guys will show up anyway. Trinity will need to play much better on defense than they did against Boone County. They will. Make it Trinity 17, X 14.

TRINITY FOREVER

There is some truth to the "pressure" factor. Some fear that the X players and coaches wil want this so bad they will come out tight, playing and coaching not to lose instead of to win. But, I think after the first couple offensive and defensive series the Tigers will be fine and should be playing inspired hard hitting football. If the Rocks draw first blood I think it will send an immediate wake up call. My fear is if the Tigers take an early lead and begin to coast, trying to eat clock, playing too coservative and let the Rocks storm back in the 4th quarter with a couple quick scores.