Trinity vs. Saint Xavier 6A State Championship

Who wins the title?  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the title?

CR

Your anaylsis's (sic) are usually right on and I am afraid in this particular instance you have it pegged again. Things are cyclical and the X men are the top dogs (errr Tigers) this year. I don't see any holes or weaknesses.

God help us.

I vividly remember a post from CRocks early this year that the "Rocks are very very good this year...":sssh:

This game will be battle to the end. X's great D against T's great O.

In the first game this year X scored on 2 big plays; the Duece long run and a 4th down blown coverage. I cannot see T giving up 2 big plays again.

Lets just hope we don't have the breaks we got in 2005. T took advantage and upstaged us.

Looking for a great contest.

Go Tigers.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is X's year. Trinity has too many holes defensively. X is at another level this year, especially when you think how well they've played with many of their STARS, not just starters, being out. They are the better team this year.

CR

Your anaylsis's (sic) are usually right on and I am afraid in this particular instance you have it pegged again. Things are cyclical and the X men are the top dogs (errr Tigers) this year. I don't see any holes or weaknesses.

God help us.

Both of you are correct. But if and when X wins, I am sure the fans from Manual, Male, Ballard and Henry Clay will insist it was bad coaching on the Trinity side. Paybacks are hell!!

I know, its a shame the best two 6A teams in the state are playing for the state championship. All Louisville 6A teams: Male, Manual, Ballard, PRP, Fern Creek, Eastern, Southern, Butler, St.X, and Trinity should be in the same region and have to play each other in the first 3 rounds so as to insure that a school outside Jefferson County has the oppourtunity win a trophy. Oh wait, didn't Marshall County, Meade County, Boone County and Henry Clay just get that oppourtunity?

Excellent Point!!

I say this game is dead even. Breaks or turnovers could decide this one. +3 either way, I give the edge to the Tigers on the strength of the defense but if T could break some big plays who knows. I don't think X will have the big play ability of Duece in this one and he was the dirrerence maker. The Tiger must be able to throw it to run it. The Tigers have force Stein to make some bad throws and get a turnover or 2. It should be a classic and I sure wish I could be there. I think if the Tigers can put 21 on the board the defense will make it stand up. St.X - 17 T-14

Stein is a much improved QB since the first time out. Duece won't be at 100% probably. X got a lot of hidden yards from special teams in the first matchup. Those add up to problems for X in this one. Fortunately for the Tigers, Zoeller will probably play the whole game, and he can beat people with his arms or legs. He will be the difference in this game and the Tigers will claim the title.

I say T wins this game. They may have lost the regular season game but that hasn't helped X in the past. I love Trinity's style of play, they can beat you in many ways.

T 28

Trinity hasn't scored 28 on X in 25 years. They need to keep it a low scoring game to win.

Both of you are correct. But if and when X wins, I am sure the fans from Manual, Male, Ballard and Henry Clay will insist it was bad coaching on the Trinity side. Paybacks are hell!!

They can say whatever they want, it doesn't make it true. Personally if that happens I will just attribute it to a bunch of also rans trying to be relevant.

I really have no idea what to think about this game. This just might go down in history as one of the most exciting X/T games (playoff too).

X's defense is outstanding! T's offense is on fire!! Then you got T's "D" and X's "O" that are both playing very well.

I can't wait for this game! :thumb::thumb:

I know, its a shame the best two 6A teams in the state are playing for the state championship. All Louisville 6A teams: Male, Manual, Ballard, PRP, Fern Creek, Eastern, Southern, Butler, St.X, and Trinity should be in the same region and have to play each other in the first 3 rounds so as to insure that a school outside Jefferson County has the oppourtunity win a trophy. Oh wait, didn't Marshall County, Meade County, Boone County and Henry Clay just get that oppourtunity?

I have brought this up numerous times and it seems like a good time to do it again. In the way old days of only 3 classes every AAA team was from Louisville so a Louisville team won a championship every year. Many schools from outside Louisville didn't like that so we went to a 4 class system. All schools in Jefferson County were AAAA regardless of size and at the end of the season they played for a Jefferson County champion who in turn played a state-at-large champion for the AAAA championship. That made the school outside of Louisville unhappy for 2 reasons. First, a Jefferson County team was always in the championship game and second the Jefferson County teams played all of their playoff games at the site of the state championship, the old Cardinal Stadium. State schools were upset that Jefferson County teams got to play multiple games on the evil AstroTurf and that they never had to travel. This was then changed so that when it got down to the final 2teams in Jefferson County one would travel and one would stay at home playing teams from out of Jefferson County. This eliminated the guarantee that a team from Jefferson County would always be in the championship game but it did open the door to the possibility that 2 teams from Jefferson County could make the championship. I distinctly remember an interview with a coach (from Nelson County I believe) who said he liked the new set up because Jefferson County teams were not assured a spot in the finals. When asked how he felt about the possibility of 2 Jefferson County teams in the finals he said that was OK it was up to the schools outside of Jefferson Country to make sure that it didn't happen.

I have brought this up numerous times and it seems like a good time to do it again. In the way old days of only 3 classes every AAA team was from Louisville so a Louisville team won a championship every year. Many schools from outside Louisville didn't like that so we went to a 4 class system. All schools in Jefferson County were AAAA regardless of size and at the end of the season they played for a Jefferson County champion who in turn played a state-at-large champion for the AAAA championship. That made the school outside of Louisville unhappy for 2 reasons. First, a Jefferson County team was always in the championship game and second the Jefferson County teams played all of their playoff games at the site of the state championship, the old Cardinal Stadium. State schools were upset that Jefferson County teams got to play multiple games on the evil AstroTurf and that they never had to travel. This was then changed so that when it got down to the final 2teams in Jefferson County one would travel and one would stay at home playing teams from out of Jefferson County. This eliminated the guarantee that a team from Jefferson County would always be in the championship game but it did open the door to the possibility that 2 teams from Jefferson County could make the championship. I distinctly remember an interview with a coach (from Nelson County I believe) who said he liked the new set up because Jefferson County teams were not assured a spot in the finals. When asked how he felt about the possibility of 2 Jefferson County teams in the finals he said that was OK it was up to the schools outside of Jefferson Country to make sure that it didn't happen.

You should save this post...it will be needed for the rest of our lives, I am quite sure.,