Trinity vs. Saint Xavier 6A State Championship

Who wins the title?  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the title?

I still don't see how these two teams aren't in the same region. But that's one of those "dead horse" subjects. I'll take the Tigers 35-21.

Good Luck to the two best teams in the state!

You would probably be surprised to learn that many fans of the two schools would be pleased to be in the same region. That would result in an earlier meeting, and the two schools could keep and split the gate, rather than send it to the KHSAA. Since these schools are self supporting, the extra money would be helpful and needed.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, its a shame the best two 6A teams in the state are playing for the state championship. All Louisville 6A teams: Male, Manual, Ballard, PRP, Fern Creek, Eastern, Southern, Butler, St.X, and Trinity should be in the same region and have to play each other in the first 3 rounds so as to insure that a school outside Jefferson County has the oppourtunity win a trophy. Oh wait, didn't Marshall County, Meade County, Boone County and Henry Clay just get that oppourtunity?

PARK;

VEry good point. This is getting alittle old and its on the wrong Thread.:thumb:

St. Xavier Tigers

Championship Game Appearance: 15th

State Championships: 11 (1962, 1969, 1974, 1975, 1978, 1986, 1992, 1995, 1997, 1999, 2004)

Trinity Shamrocks

Championship Game Appearance: 21st

State Championships: 17 (1968, 1972, 1973, 1976, 1977, 1980, 1983, 1985, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1994, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006)

Past Playoff Meetings

1974 - St. Xavier 3 Trinity 0

1975 - St. Xavier 11 Trinity 10

1976 - Trinity 3 St. Xavier 0

1978 - St. Xavier 13 Trinity 6

1982 - Trinity 10 St. Xavier 0

1983 - Trinity 21 St. Xavier 20

1984 - St. Xavier 20 Trinity 0

1985 - Trinity 17 St. Xavier 14

1986 - St. Xavier 23 Trinity 10

1997 - St. Xavier 3 Trinity 0 - State Championship

2003 - Trinity 17 St. Xavier 14 - State Championship

2005 - Trinity 14 St. Xavier 6 - State Championship

GCHS:

Great job and thanks for pulling all that info. together. Interesting to see teh point differentials.

I think we have our work cut out for us this week. I like how well our offense is playing, but X has the best defense we have seen this year, and maybe the best in the last 4-5 years that we have seen...they are scary good. On defense we have played much better, but are still playing a bend but don't bend type of style, X is way too physical and disciplined to give in to that style....our kicking game obviously has some of it's issues as well....that said, we will need to play perfect to win this game, I don't know if we can do that.

1997 - St. Xavier 3 Trinity 0 - State Championship

That right there is the coldest I've ever been in my entire life... I'm sure the result was a part of it.

I'm thrilled about the opportunity to see this game again. Needless to say, I was less than thrilled with what happened in September. I don't have a prediction yet, other than to say it should be a good one.

I think we have our work cut out for us this week. I like how well our offense is playing, but X has the best defense we have seen this year, and maybe the best in the last 4-5 years that we have seen...they are scary good. On defense we have played much better, but are still playing a bend but don't bend type of style, X is way too physical and disciplined to give in to that style....our kicking game obviously has some of it's issues as well....that said, we will need to play perfect to win this game, I don't know if we can do that.

Very good points. Unless we go on the attack on D ( pressure from different gaps) and make the OL from X think this is going to be as long a night as was in Sept. We will not score more than 20 pts in this game maybe not even that many. The D is going to have to make some big stops in this game. My heart says T but the logic just keeps pointing to X. Good luck to both teams hope the weather is good for all attending.

YOur kidding me. How did you allow that to happen - have such a conflict? Is there anything we can do to make sure you are able to attend ???

I would like you to cancel my wife' dad's 75th surprise birthday party, my company's X-mas party and my wife's company X-mas party! Yes all on the same night! Could you do that for a brother?

I would like you to cancel my wife' dad's 75th surprise birthday party, my company's X-mas party and my wife's company X-mas party! Yes all on the same night! Could you do that for a brother?

That is awful. I don't even know you brother, but I feel for ya. I have a work party tonight that is very fun, but the Mrs. has a party at her friends' so guess where we're going? i feel your pain. However, I put my foot down for next Friday and I am going to that game barring a natural disaster.

I know, its a shame the best two 6A teams in the state are playing for the state championship. All Louisville 6A teams: Male, Manual, Ballard, PRP, Fern Creek, Eastern, Southern, Butler, St.X, and Trinity should be in the same region and have to play each other in the first 3 rounds so as to insure that a school outside Jefferson County has the oppourtunity win a trophy. Oh wait, didn't Marshall County, Meade County, Boone County and Henry Clay just get that oppourtunity?

You and I have had our differences in the past, but this post is right on.