Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gardner Webb 84 Kentucky 68

Featured Replies

Tubby taught the ball line defense.

Billy G is up in the passing lanes with more emphasis on pressure.

watched a practice and you could tell it was a big adjustment for the players.

Hence all the backdoors tonight with no backside help.

 

Just maybe Billy G should take a look at Ball Line Defense. I never heard anyone criticize Tubby's halfcourt D. They wanted more pressure and explosive offensive. They got more pressure tonight and Gardner-Webb EXPLODED!!!!

  • Replies 245
  • Views 27.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You all can blame this on the switching of defense all you want...One thing remains the same in ALL defenses, keep your opponent from scoring...

Parking: $8

Atlas to find where Gardner Webb is located: $14.99

Food and Program: $20

Tickets: $75

Tubby getting to sleep like a baby tonight: PRICELESS!

Bradley had a career high tonight with 54 points. Problem is he gave up 30 of those on defense.

You all can blame this on the switching of defense all you want...One thing remains the same in ALL defenses, keep your opponent from scoring...
UK got burned MUCH more off the dribble, and set plays up top. It was athletes, not schemes tonight.
On a serious note after getting some of you going........

 

 

This is not Tubby's fault, obviously as he is in Minny and we are here in the Bluegrass State.

 

 

 

My question to those who want to blame it on BCG is this -

 

 

What adjustments do you make?

 

You go 2-3?

G-W shot the ball well from 3 against a tough, overplaying man, so what do you think the result would be?

 

You go some gimmick you haven't put time in on practice?

 

What would you guys do?

 

I don't coach basketball at the Division I level so I don't know. However my answer would be something like this: anything different than what we were doing when GW was scoring at will.

Bradley had a carrer high tonight with 54 points. Problem is he gave up 30 of those on defense.

 

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bradley had a carrer high tonight with 54 points. Problem is he gave up 30 of those on defense.

 

:laugh::laugh:

UK got burned MUCH more off the dribble, and set plays up top. It was athletes, not schemes tonight.

 

So GW has better athletes than UK..... Sorry wrong answer.

GW was cherry picking all night and UK refused to get back and stop it...

John Clay said UK was practicing until 5pm tonight. It looked like it the way they were getting beat off the dribble and in transition. Isn't that something a high school coach would do? They sure did look tired. Didn't get back. Short on shots. Reach fouls.

Parking: $8

Atlas to find where Gardner Webb is located: $14.99

Food and Program: $20

Tickets: $75

Tubby getting to sleep like a baby tonight: PRICELESS!

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

On a serious note after getting some of you going........

 

 

This is not Tubby's fault, obviously as he is in Minny and we are here in the Bluegrass State.

 

 

 

My question to those who want to blame it on BCG is this -

 

 

What adjustments do you make?

 

You go 2-3?

G-W shot the ball well from 3 against a tough, overplaying man, so what do you think the result would be?

 

You go some gimmick you haven't put time in on practice?

 

What would you guys do?

 

I would almost rather have taken my chances giving up the three ball than allowing layups and easy points around the basket. I am sure that they have worked some zone in practice(but I am sure at this point nothing that they have worked on in practice is going to be world class at this point anyway). I think it would have at least forced GW to make some changes. What I will find more disturbing is if they do not figure out soon that they may not have the personnel to play man going forward. To be honest 2-3 is not going to be easy for them either with a 4 guard and a power forward set, but probably better than getting ripped playing man the entire game.

 

Am I giving up on the season? H no. I support BCG because he is the basketball coach at UK for a reason. He knows what he's doing. I'm just stating that Tubby has nothing to do with this .

 

:thumb::thumb: Hopefully all ofthe Tubby talk will end unless there is a Minneota thread started. I wish him (OTS) well and I 110% support Billy G. :thumb:

 

Sorry, I know, I said this earlier as well - I guees that I just still find it unbelievable that some still blaming Tubby Smith. I won't mention it again.......promise.

John Clay said UK was practicing until 5pm tonight. It looked like it the way they were getting beat off the dribble and in transition. Isn't that something a high school coach would do? They sure did look tired. Didn't get back. Short on shots. Reach fouls.

 

Plenty of time for practice now. Next game on 11/21...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.