Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gardner Webb 84 Kentucky 68

Featured Replies

Lets face it UK FAns, we are not that good this year. You take out Patterson and you have two gunners who dont play defense in CRawford and Bradley. Stevenson who is never going to develop and meet his potential. You have promising frosh in Legion,stewart but no frontcourt period. So tell me how this team is goign to compete for a National Title. Patterson has a 1 yr lease in Lexington so dont expect much from him.

 

Bottom line, Randolph Morris screwed UK by leaving early so he could collect a paycheck for 2-4 yrs and then get cut. If we had Morris and Patterson down low, we would be 50 times better.

  • Replies 245
  • Views 27.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have read every post on here and I can only say one thing, UK is not that good and we all knew it going in and the Billy G was not a miracle worker. We can put the blame only on our coaching staff and player's. They either come to play or not and it looks as though they did not want to play defense or offense. I am disappointed however, one game does not make a season and they have two weeks to prepare for the next game. I really would love to be a fly on the wall at the next practice. If they thought Billy G's boot camp was tough WOW! I only wish the WILDCATS the best and they will come around in time. We will take our losses and move on that is all they can do. JD

So what do we do with the people that blame it on someone 700+ miles away? Folks, we didn't just lose to a mediocre SEC team by 5. (Which would be bad but in the big scheme of things, relatively understandable.) We got BLASTED by Gardner-Webb, who most UK fans before tonight most likely thought was some type of lawn care product. Defensive adjustments could/should have been made that could have stopped the offense that GW was running and scoring at will with.

 

Am I giving up on the season? H no. I support BCG because he is the basketball coach at UK for a reason. He knows what he's doing. I'm just stating that Tubby has nothing to do with this and BCG didn't show me much in the adjustments department tonight.

 

I never blamed Tubby either.

My teams' losses used to bug me for days, sometimes weeks at a time back in the day. Can't recall when I turned the corner, but watching sports became a lot more fun once I was able to let losses roll off my back.

 

 

Any Pointers?

I said it after the previous game that this team will struggle out top playing pressure D. They cannot stop penetration and it showed again against GW.

 

If you were like me and realized it was over early, it was a joy to watch GW play. If you like teams that can pass, cut, move without the ball, and shoot, you had to love watching GW. Their offense would fit this UK team very well.

 

I will be curious to see if BCG sticks with what he knows defensively or does he make adjustments , slight or major, for this team that cannot play pressure D and has no one to help unless PP is around.

How can fans react to one loss the way they do. It seems to me after a few years of futility like

UKhas had the so called fans wouldn’t accept so much. It is not like UK

and have been a fan since birth. I am convinced that 75% of fans know nothing of basketball and never will. The things that I have read on this board and the (other one) just kills me.:rolleyes:

Guys, there were only three real differences that I saw between this game and the game last night:

 

1) Coury returned from orbit.

 

2) When Gardner Webb blew past Kentucky's guards, they went ahead and took it to the hoop.

 

3) When Kentucky would give up wide open shots, GW had the ability to knock them down.

 

Otherwise, cut and paste what I said last night.

 

Hard to argue with this.

Just maybe Billy G should take a look at Ball Line Defense. I never heard anyone criticize Tubby's halfcourt D. They wanted more pressure and explosive offensive. They got more pressure tonight and Gardner-Webb EXPLODED!!!!

 

BCG is here and Tubby is gone.

I am one happy UK fan.

Bradley had a career high tonight with 54 points. Problem is he gave up 30 of those on defense.

 

:lol:

If I read the Herald Leader correctly, UK had a hard practice yesterday. Is that right? If so, then it would tell me it was more important to the coach to get better for the future than to prepare for last night's game. Certainly, if this is true, then it shows up in your legs...shooting, defense, energy. Hopefully the plan pays off later. If I am a new coach, I would rather take my lumps early.

This just shows Tubby should have left about 3 years ago.

 

3 years ago Tubby wasn't losing to teams like Gardner Webb.

Actually BGP has made it much easier for me to be a uk fan. I used to get mad for days after a bad game but now I see others doing it and realize its just a game. THANK YOU GURU AND BGP(my family really thanks you).

 

:thumb:

You guys are really eating this up. Hey, have fun with it.
I know I am. Considering some of the things said is Sept. I don't even feel a bit guilty.

 

May you enjoy your new season and new coach as much as we have.

Let's look at the bright side.....it saves them from losing two games next week.

 

Hopefully, a couple of weeks off will do them some good.

Any Pointers?

 

Just put it in the proper perspective and don't let it dominate every aspect of your life. For instance, don't keep whining about a last-second loss 15 years ago that really matters nothing the grand scheme of things.

 

Take the Steelers last year, for example. Coming off a SB win, the old Jim Schue would've been on a six-month depression the way the '06 Steelers played. But I learned to just take a deep breath after a loss, exhale with a sigh, and be done with it. It's a loss, it happens. Sometimes even to teams that aren't supposed to beat them.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.