Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gardner Webb 84 Kentucky 68

Featured Replies

  • Replies 245
  • Views 27.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody that actually thinks this is Gillispie's fault need a labotomy.

Tough loss but Billy G should have learned some things tonight.

Legion has to get major minutes.

Coury and Stevenson have proven they cannot play more than bit minutes.

Four guards and PP.

Team is learning a whole new defensive system and tonight showed there is a huge learning curve.

I am still behind the new coach.

Anybody that actually thinks this is Gillispie's fault need a labotomy.

 

Whose fault is it?

 

 

Let me guess Tubby?

3 pages within an hour.....

 

Not yet...

Tough loss but Billy G should have learned some things tonight.

Legion has to get major minutes.

Coury and Stevenson have proven they cannot play more than bit minutes.

Four guards and PP.

Team is learning a whole new defensive system and tonight showed there is a huge learning curve.

I am still behind the new coach.

 

What is so different about it than Tubby's D?

Whose fault is it?

 

 

Let me guess Tubby?

 

I think he was kidding...

I think he was kidding...

 

You can never be to sure around here. :lol:

After watching this one I really want Tubby Back!! I miss Tubby's demeanor on the sidelines. I think I want to try the Gopher Kool-Aid. It looks alot better than the Kool-Aid Billy G served up tonight.

Anybody that actually thinks this is Gillispie's fault need a labotomy.

 

So what do we do with the people that blame it on someone 700+ miles away? Folks, we didn't just lose to a mediocre SEC team by 5. (Which would be bad but in the big scheme of things, relatively understandable.) We got BLASTED by Gardner-Webb, who most UK fans before tonight most likely thought was some type of lawn care product. Defensive adjustments could/should have been made that could have stopped the offense that GW was running and scoring at will with.

 

Am I giving up on the season? H no. I support BCG because he is the basketball coach at UK for a reason. He knows what he's doing. I'm just stating that Tubby has nothing to do with this and BCG didn't show me much in the adjustments department tonight.

What is so different about it than Tubby's D?

 

Tubby taught the ball line defense.

Billy G is up in the passing lanes with more emphasis on pressure.

watched a practice and you could tell it was a big adjustment for the players.

Hence all the backdoors tonight with no backside help.

Sound logic. I wish Tubby would've put Legion in earlier.

 

:lol::lol::lol:

Guys, there were only three real differences that I saw between this game and the game last night:

 

1) Coury returned from orbit.

 

2) When Gardner Webb blew past Kentucky's guards, they went ahead and took it to the hoop.

 

3) When Kentucky would give up wide open shots, GW had the ability to knock them down.

 

Otherwise, cut and paste what I said last night.

On a serious note after getting some of you going........

 

 

This is not Tubby's fault, obviously as he is in Minny and we are here in the Bluegrass State.

 

 

 

My question to those who want to blame it on BCG is this -

 

 

What adjustments do you make?

 

You go 2-3?

G-W shot the ball well from 3 against a tough, overplaying man, so what do you think the result would be?

 

You go some gimmick you haven't put time in on practice?

 

What would you guys do?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.