Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gardner Webb 84 Kentucky 68

Featured Replies

This makes less sense than anything you've ever said. I've always made it clear I enjoy laughing at the idiots. Nothing new from me. Nothing new from them. Nothing new from you. Next...

 

Look at it this way. The laughs bought me an extra 45 minutes before sleepiness chases me off to bed. And I don't even mind sacrificing the sleep. :lol:

 

The more things change, the more they stay the same ...

  • Replies 245
  • Views 27.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol: :lol: You have no idea how hard it is to be a UK fan around here. Some of this stuff is great guys just great.

 

Actually BGP has made it much easier for me to be a uk fan. I used to get mad for days after a bad game but now I see others doing it and realize its just a game. THANK YOU GURU AND BGP(my family really thanks you).

Actually BGP has made it much easier for me to be a uk fan. I used to get mad for days after a bad game but now I see others doing it and realize its just a game. THANK YOU GURU AND BGP(my family really thanks you).

 

My teams' losses used to bug me for days, sometimes weeks at a time back in the day. Can't recall when I turned the corner, but watching sports became a lot more fun once I was able to let losses roll off my back.

My teams' losses used to bug me for days, sometimes weeks at a time back in the day. Can't recall when I turned the corner, but watching sports became a lot more fun once I was able to let losses roll off my back.

 

Exactly. It changed the way I watched the games. Like tonight I noticed how well GW played and their court awareness instead of getting hung up on a few bad calls like in the past.

I would almost rather have taken my chances giving up the three ball than allowing layups and easy points around the basket. I am sure that they have worked some zone in practice(but I am sure at this point nothing that they have worked on in practice is going to be world class at this point anyway). I think it would have at least forced GW to make some changes. What I will find more disturbing is if they do not figure out soon that they may not have the personnel to play man going forward. To be honest 2-3 is not going to be easy for them either with a 4 guard and a power forward set, but probably better than getting ripped playing man the entire game.

 

 

Agreed.

 

 

On a side note -

 

Cutler says on the radio that the team has a decision to make about some players - as in someone is getting voted off the island........

Without Legion and PPats 25 combined points we lost by 30 or 35.

 

Come on SA you are smarter than that. Stop acting like if Tubby was here that PP would not be here. The only reason why PP is here is because of Tubby, and how he PP sold on UK and pretty much coming here for sure before he decided to go to Minnesota. Billy G just had to go in and convince him to still go to UK. So don't act like it was really Billy G that got us Patterson. It was Tubby's hard recruiting of Patterson that really got Patterson here. Yeah now Legion you got something there, but Legion just pretty much fell into Billy G's lap, since he decided to back out of going to Michigan. From the sounds of it UK was one of his first choices once he decided to back out from going to Michigan, so he might have came here if Tubby was here. If not that, there was a great chance that Lucas would have been here if Tubby stayed, and we would have had a true PG...

 

You all have gotten really funny with continuing your Tubby bashing. I mean as I see here you blame Tubby for the loss since its his players. But I bet you wouldn't give Tubby credit if Billy G say did make it to the final four. You all can't have it both ways. Yeah we all know by now that you all didn't like Tubby being here, and well he is gone now so be happy...But don't put the blame on Tubby for the lost tonight, tonight it was Billy G. coaching the team. I mean I never remember a team like Gardner Webb putting put up 84 points on UK and especially with it being at home. Tonight loss does not go on Tubby because he probably does win it, or its most likely a lot closer of a game if we lost, because Gardner Webb would not have put that many points on UK if Tubby coached...

 

Now don't get me wrong I still love Billy G. But you all putting pretty much all the blame on Tubby for the loss is crazy. Tonights loss falls on Billy G, simple as that. I sure he will get it fixed and that they will look a lot better next time out though however.

:lol: :lol: You have no idea how hard it is to be a UK fan around here. Some of this stuff is great guys just great.

 

I use to never understand why people hated UK fans so much, until I joined this site. I know I don't even like many of my fellow UK fans and some of the stuff they say...:irked::D

"Can you say Appalachia State?"

 

G Webb now has 473 all time wins...

Other famous Webbs include Jack Webb, Spud Webb, Chloe Webb, Brandon Webb, Karrie Webb, and Gary Webb (goes by the stage name Gary Numan, who had the 1980s one hit wonder Cars. Do do do DO do do, do do do DO do do.....)

 

Jack is dead, Chloe's acting career is dead, and Gary was a one-hit wonder. I say this starting five plays within five points of UK tonight.

It is comical to blame the loss on Tubby... comical. Does he get any credit for wins? Those saying Bradley and Crawford were the problem, I bet you guys knew they wouldn't perform at this level right?

 

This loss falls 100% on the current coaching staff and current players.

Also, I know some people with tickets to NYC... talk about people who should really be mad.

You Tubby bashers absolutely kill me. I'll make this one clear for you...

 

TUBBY HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS LOSS.

 

You blame him for the players UK has now but Tubby coached with his players for quite some time and never suffered such an embarrassing loss at home to a team as bad as this. Now UK has some of what you believe to be BCG's players and it happens. Where is your logic? Tubby is gone, get over it. I know you won't and we'll all still be hearing about him 3 years from now and that is absolutely pathetic. For all of the levelheaded UK fans out there, I feel for you, you're not alone in this never ending struggle.

Long ride home last night. UGLY.

They got schooled. Nothing more...nothing less.

I went into this season not expecting a whole lot. Reason being, there is not enough basketball talent on this roster. Three kids have talent. Meeks, Legion, and Patterson. Bradley reverted back to old Ramel, Crawford is what he is...a kid that is below average defensively and does everything head down on offense and takes bad shots. No post play whatsoever. Coury is a kid who works hard but is not gifted skill wise. Him getting so many minutes is out of necessity.

Tubby should get some blame for what he left the next coach, roster wise.

 

However, we knew that going in.

As for the game, they looked like they had dead legs. Some people on other boards who I have great respect for regarding their opinions, are questioning BCG's pre-game practices. They went hard before the first game and went hard before last nights game. They looked flat and dead legged. Did he miscalculate fatigue? Very fair question.

They didn't give up...they had it to seven, and Legion had just hit 3 threes in a row and Bradley throws it to Stevenson, who is my new whipping boy, he misses bad shot, they score and Perry takes another shot then they score again...game. Stevenson cant guard a soul. Crawford cant guard a soul.

 

They will get better...have to...two weeks of practice is better than going to MSG and getting hammered two times. However, how they are going into it is ugly.

 

Meeks is hurt...that is clearly obvious. Very little lateral movement.

 

This is going to be a grind...making the tourney at this point is iffy.

 

Plenty of blame for everyone.

 

I feel bad about this particular loss, but not as bad as the many UK fans who booked trips to NYC.

 

Have at it.

Fort Thomas Highlands football rules!

 

(I got sick of reading about how pathetic one of my favorite teams (UK) is, so I thought I'd mention how great my most favorite team is!)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.