November 8, 200718 yr What NBA great calls Boiling Springs, NC (location of GW) his hometown? I think it was, in fact, David Thompson. Tremendous athlete... amazing vertical leap.
November 8, 200718 yr But it's the same as losing to WKU... They're both mid-majors. Just because WKU has been around longer, doesn't really make a difference. The bottom line is that when UK loses to WKU or G-W, its an upset loss to a mid-major team.
November 8, 200718 yr They're both mid-majors. Just because WKU has been around longer, doesn't really make a difference. The bottom line is that when UK loses to WKU or G-W, its an upset loss to a mid-major team. In rhetoric, this is known as an appeal to authority... But... it's just the same as losing to WKU, right? :laugh::laugh: You and I both know better than that. The UK team I have watched so far this season is a very bad team. I like Mark Coury, and love his effort, but in years past he would have been the Chris Gettlefinger, the Steve Massiollemo (sp?), the guy who gets in the game the last two minutes of a blow out. It's going to take 2-3 good recruiting classes by Billy G. to get the UK program back to respectability IMO. Just trying to see if some other people, who have compared those losses, will get the memo. They won' believe it from me, but maybe from you.
November 8, 200718 yr In rhetoric, this is known as an appeal to authority... You get 5 bonus points for using the word rhetoric in a post :dancingpa
November 8, 200718 yr I saw tickets advertised for the Flordia-UK game in Lexington and they were asking $1700. Does that seem high?
November 8, 200718 yr I got back really late last night from the game and didn't have the chance to post what I saw from my viewpoint. I saw a team that was TIRED. Which leads me to think those pre-game practices are not such a grand idea. Gardner Webb ran a modified version of the Princeton, back-door offense, and the UK players, as well as Gillespie, looked lost. GW shot fairly well from the outside, but I don't understand why we didn't go into a 2-3 or a 3-2 zone. I understand that Gillespie wants to prove a point to Joe Crawford about practicing hard, but enough is enough. Thank the Lord for Alex Legion. At least he kept the game close. There were just over 19,000 fans at the game, which is almost as pathetic as the performance those fans showed up to watch. And yes, they did boo the CATS. Are you saying that Billy G should play him, even though other players work harder than him? I sure hope you are not saying that. Even if Crawford was in the lineup it wont help this team out much. Crawford for his career has been a big disappointment, and takes the dumbest shots...If anyone should crack the starting lineup it should be Legion at this point..
November 8, 200718 yr To ALL the ones that are bashing and complaining after one loss......... Should you jump off the bandwagon now (and there certainly are a few that are ) then that is fine. One request -- Please don't come back on here and jump back on the bandwagon later when they are winning. and.................Just how much longer are there going to be ones blaming OTS for any losses this year? Or next year or the year after that..... :lol: Truer words have never been spoken (regarding either UK basketball or football) :thumb:
November 8, 200718 yr "7th place team from the sun Atlantic conference" "I know your going to try & blame this on Tubby Smith Kentucky fans..." "Main stage in Lexington, Where you can NEVER have an off night" Rome
November 8, 200718 yr "7th place team from the sun Atlantic conference" "I know your going to try & blame this on Tubby Smith Kentucky fans..." "Main stage in Lexington, Where you can NEVER have an off night" Rome I feel dumber for reading a Rome quote.
November 8, 200718 yr Anybody watching it? Were any of you UK fans upset because BCG wasn't wearing blue at his first regular season game???
November 8, 200718 yr Long ride home last night. UGLY. They got schooled. Nothing more...nothing less. I went into this season not expecting a whole lot. Reason being, there is not enough basketball talent on this roster. Three kids have talent. Meeks, Legion, and Patterson. Bradley reverted back to old Ramel, Crawford is what he is...a kid that is below average defensively and does everything head down on offense and takes bad shots. No post play whatsoever. Coury is a kid who works hard but is not gifted skill wise. Him getting so many minutes is out of necessity. Tubby should get some blame for what he left the next coach, roster wise. However, we knew that going in. As for the game, they looked like they had dead legs. Some people on other boards who I have great respect for regarding their opinions, are questioning BCG's pre-game practices. They went hard before the first game and went hard before last nights game. They looked flat and dead legged. Did he miscalculate fatigue? Very fair question. They didn't give up...they had it to seven, and Legion had just hit 3 threes in a row and Bradley throws it to Stevenson, who is my new whipping boy, he misses bad shot, they score and Perry takes another shot then they score again...game. Stevenson cant guard a soul. Crawford cant guard a soul. They will get better...have to...two weeks of practice is better than going to MSG and getting hammered two times. However, how they are going into it is ugly. Meeks is hurt...that is clearly obvious. Very little lateral movement. This is going to be a grind...making the tourney at this point is iffy. Plenty of blame for everyone. I feel bad about this particular loss, but not as bad as the many UK fans who booked trips to NYC. Have at it. I love that nobody is questioning this when LABS says it. Obviously Tubby didn't lose the game, but all you people that want to act like his tenure is having no effect on this year's team are delusional. As far as the game, I didn't get to see it, but I'm also wondering about the fatigue factor. Luckily, this game doesn't mean squat come March (and if they're really that bad, March wont' matter anyway!). Hopefully they can use it as motivation, and now they've got a good bit of uninterrupted practice to get on the right page.
November 8, 200718 yr I love that nobody is questioning this when LABS says it. Obviously Tubby didn't lose the game, but all you people that want to act like his tenure is having no effect on this year's team are delusional. As far as the game, I didn't get to see it, but I'm also wondering about the fatigue factor. Luckily, this game doesn't mean squat come March (and if they're really that bad, March wont' matter anyway!). Hopefully they can use it as motivation, and now they've got a good bit of uninterrupted practice to get on the right page. :thumb:
November 8, 200718 yr I don't understand why Crawford didn't start. He has started for the past two years and now he is a 6th man. Because Crawford is just not that good, and is lazy and selfish....
November 9, 200718 yr Horrible game. A few thoughts: They played well, we played like an average middle school team. No need to blame Tubby, it's not his team anymore. I don't care what kind of talent he left us with, that talent still should have been able to beat GW. Cat's fans this is our pay back for beating Louisville and LSU in football this season. I needed a good dose of reality.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.