Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dayton/Bellevue Predictions

Who takes the second meeting? 81 members have voted

  1. 1. Who takes the second meeting?

    • Dayton Greendevils
      69%
    • Bellevue Tigers
      30%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Ha the side that wins? What side would you be talking about exactly? I mean I hope your not talking about Bellevue being the side that wins over Ludlow. Because if you take a look at recent history from the past 5 years, Ludlow has won 3 of them and Bellevue has won 2. So I guess I am already on the side that wins aren't I?:sssh:

 

When I was in high school I hated both teams obviously, but I hated Dayton worst at the time, because they were a pretty dirty team when I was in high school and graduated in 2004..However I have came to hate Bellevue more than Dayton now because of people like you...Yes I picked Bellevue to win this game, ONLY because Dayton is a little banged up and that could make a difference. But I know I really do hope now with your comment that Dayton is completely healthy. Because if they are, you might want to hope they take it a little easy on you, so it wont be the embarrassment that it was the first time you played Dayton..

 

GO DAYTON!!!

 

Now you just need to make your mind up on who you want to win....about the history lets go back to your time in high school. 0-30 rings a bell, neither dayton or bellevue have ever been that bad!:ylsuper:

  • Replies 180
  • Views 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dayton Greendevils

Playoff Appearance: 14th

All-time Record: 9-12

 

Bellevue Tigers

Playoff Appearance: 20th

All-time Record: 26-17

 

Previous Playoff Meetings

1998 - Dayton 31 Bellevue 6

 

 

Don't forget.....

 

Dayton 1 state championship (1966)

 

Bellevue 3 state championships and either 4 or 5 state runner-up's :thumb:

This will absolutely be a great game. Not only are both teams playing well, but this is the cross-town shootout. I would love to see this game but unfortunately I have a previous engagement at David Cecil Memorial Stadium.

Don't forget.....

 

Dayton 1 state championship (1966)

 

Bellevue 3 state championships and either 4 or 5 state runner-up's :thumb:

 

Bellevue has two state championships, winning in 1977 and 1979. They have four state runner-ups, finishing second in 1976, 1980, 1981 and 1990.

  • Author
Don't forget.....

 

Dayton 1 state championship (1966)

 

Bellevue 3 state championships and either 4 or 5 state runner-up's :thumb:

 

This has to do what with the game Friday?

This has to do what with the game Friday?

 

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/b]

 

Now you just need to make your mind up on who you want to win....about the history lets go back to your time in high school. 0-30 rings a bell, neither dayton or bellevue have ever been that bad!:ylsuper:

 

Oh yes it rings a bell very much, and I stuck it out. And trust me it was well worth it my senior year, when Bellevue who was undefeated at the time, came to Ludlow and lost and just really got dominated in all phases in the game. I know I really enjoyed playing the playoffs my senior year while Bellevue was sitting at home....

 

As you see I don'tt fight the whole long losing streak that we had, it was a VERY BAD time in the Ludlow football program. The thing is there was talent in the system, just didn't have the coaches at all, and we seen how much that changed once Hensley came. I know it was Bellevue actually that gave us our first conference win in three years. :sssh: I mean yeah you were completely right about the losing streak, yet like or not since that losing streak Ludlow has been the better program...:sssh:;)

 

Now lets get this off the little Ludlow and Bellevue thing, because it is about Bellevue and Dayton. I have no clue why you even brought my team up in this debate. But lets get off of this now, because it is not respectful to Dayton, and well I actually try to give people respect...

 

If Dayton is completely healthy then they win..If Dayton is not completely healthy, which I don't think they will be even though those guys will play but won't nearly be 100% IMO. So that is why I think Bellevue pulls it off this time. But as I said I am hoping Dayton wins again!

DAYTON WILL WIN!!

Dayton will be ready and this will be a great game. I can't wait to see it, I see it be a some what lower scoring game but with Dayton still on top. :thumb:

:devil:Well Dayton is banged up, but I still see the Greendevils in a close one. The only thing I can say is Bellevue better not walk right down the middle of the field when Dayton is perfroming their pregame again. They did that last time and it really made everyone mad. I will say there are a lot of things at stake here. The number one thing being the winner is moving on. There are a lot of things that have happened since that game ended. The first being over half of the players from Bellevue did not shake Coach Montgomery's hand after the game. If you are from Bellevue and Dayton we all know what that is about! I know this is not a varsity game, but then in the Freshman/Sophomore game they tried to punch the ball in up 19-13 with 35 seconds left and the game was over. Bellevue just had to take a knee and the game was over. That is two shots at Coach Montgomery and from what I hear he gave so much to that school on and off the field and that is the way the kids in that school treat him. The Dayton kids all hugged their former coach (Lickert) and wished him luck the rest of the year. Bellevue will come out battling and will play hard, but the Devils play better and win 28-7. This will be two years in a row that the Devils end the Tigers season with a loss.:fire:

:devil:Well Dayton is banged up, but I still see the Greendevils in a close one. The only thing I can say is Bellevue better not walk right down the middle of the field when Dayton is perfroming their pregame again. They did that last time and it really made everyone mad. I will say there are a lot of things at stake here. The number one thing being the winner is moving on. There are a lot of things that have happened since that game ended. The first being over half of the players from Bellevue did not shake Coach Montgomery's hand after the game. If you are from Bellevue and Dayton we all know what that is about! I know this is not a varsity game, but then in the Freshman/Sophomore game they tried to punch the ball in up 19-13 with 35 seconds left and the game was over. Bellevue just had to take a knee and the game was over. That is two shots at Coach Montgomery and from what I hear he gave so much to that school on and off the field and that is the way the kids in that school treat him. The Dayton kids all hugged their former coach (Lickert) and wished him luck the rest of the year. Bellevue will come out battling and will play hard, but the Devils play better and win 28-7. This will be two years in a row that the Devils end the Tigers season with a loss.:fire:

 

Sorry performing was not spelled correctly.:thumb:

  • Author
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Exactly. The only history that counts in this game is the fact that Dayton won the first game 35 to 8 and the JV players were in the game in the fourth quarter.:fire:

Well, I can tell you that at least two, and possibly three of the four hurt in the Newport game could have played in the Carrol game if it was completely necessary. At least two would have been very near 100%...

:devil:Well Dayton is banged up, but I still see the Greendevils in a close one. The only thing I can say is Bellevue better not walk right down the middle of the field when Dayton is perfroming their pregame again. They did that last time and it really made everyone mad. I will say there are a lot of things at stake here. The number one thing being the winner is moving on. There are a lot of things that have happened since that game ended. The first being over half of the players from Bellevue did not shake Coach Montgomery's hand after the game. If you are from Bellevue and Dayton we all know what that is about! I know this is not a varsity game, but then in the Freshman/Sophomore game they tried to punch the ball in up 19-13 with 35 seconds left and the game was over. Bellevue just had to take a knee and the game was over. That is two shots at Coach Montgomery and from what I hear he gave so much to that school on and off the field and that is the way the kids in that school treat him. The Dayton kids all hugged their former coach (Lickert) and wished him luck the rest of the year. Bellevue will come out battling and will play hard, but the Devils play better and win 28-7. This will be two years in a row that the Devils end the Tigers season with a loss.:fire:

 

Well that was a very ignorant post because Coach Montgomery was not in the line shaking hands when some of the players were walking by and for anyone to think Bellevue's players don't respect him you are outside your mind. That man coach these seniors two years in pee-wee's and then two years in highschool, so you are very, very wrong there. The reason Bellevue's JV was throwing is they thought to be in first place they had to have scored more in the two games combined sorry guy, but the biggest mistake you just posted was talking about finishing the tigers season again because they most likely just made a bunch of players very mad and hopefully they will take their time walking down the middle of the field when they enter this time.. :flame: :devil:

:devil:Well Dayton is banged up, but I still see the Greendevils in a close one. The only thing I can say is Bellevue better not walk right down the middle of the field when Dayton is perfroming their pregame again. They did that last time and it really made everyone mad. fire:

 

Wow, I did not see that. It must have happened before I got in there. Kind of reminds me of Warren Sapp's pregame ritual.

 

However, I did see a Bellevue coach stand right in the middle of Dayton's homecoming parade to stop it so that their bus can get to the parking lot. GUTS!!!!

 

This is a great rivalry, and I would look for it to be the most physical of all first round games.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.