Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dayton/Bellevue Predictions

Who takes the second meeting? 81 members have voted

  1. 1. Who takes the second meeting?

    • Dayton Greendevils
      69%
    • Bellevue Tigers
      30%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Why are you confused, people from Dayton,Bellevue and Ludlow have been called River Rats for years. Ludlow is not the only town that gets to claim this honor

You guys always referred to Ludlow as River Rats. Ft. Thomas always called Dayton the river rats. Now I guess Bellevue has been thrown in the mix. In my opinion if you have never lived in one of these great little river cities you have missed out on a lot of great times.

  • Replies 180
  • Views 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you confused, people from Dayton,Bellevue and Ludlow have been called River Rats for years. Ludlow is not the only town that gets to claim this honor

 

 

All I know is that since the beginning of time, Beechwood fans have called Ludlow "river rats" and Beechwood were "cake eaters!" Never did BHS call Dayton/Bellevue river rats.

  • Author
All I know is that since the beginning of time, Beechwood fans have called Ludlow "river rats" and Beechwood were "cake eaters!" Never did BHS call Dayton/Bellevue river rats.

 

Beechwood cake eaters? NO, thats Ft. Thomas's claim to fame :D

All I know is that since the beginning of time, Beechwood fans have called Ludlow "river rats" and Beechwood were "cake eaters!" Never did BHS call Dayton/Bellevue river rats.

 

WE from Dayton always called Highlands Cake eaters. Beechwood and Ft. Thomas are the cake eaters, the rest of us were just plain old river rats. When I was in High School many moons ago. I went to a Ludlow and Beechwood game the ludlow fans were yelling beat the cakes. I thought hey that is what we call the highlands people.

Exactly right. Everyone from Ludlow called BHS cake eaters and BHS called Ludlow river rats. The week of this game, Ludlow would smash cakes on the front steps and BHS would trap rats and release them in the school bldg.

 

The rival of yrs past has disappeared between the two but it was a great one at one time.

Hold on hold on hold on..... How did Bellevue dominate the line of scrimage when they scored ONE touchdown? Thats a whole game of dominating a line and only scoring ONE touchdown.... Count it ONE. That is not dominating the line at all. Neither team dominated the line, other than Dayton dominating it at the end of the game when Dayton was gashing Bellevue for 15 yards a run right before the JV players came in. Also how did Bellevue dominate the line when Bellevue's leading rusher had 45 yards on 16 carriers, thats only 2.8 yards a carry. As a defense I will take that anyday.:D:thumb: I hope they dominate like that again Friday.

 

It wouldn't have just been one touchdown if Bellevue didn't turn it over three times inside the twenty yard line. Bellevue had just as many total yards as Dayton had, turnovers just killed them, that's all..

  • Author
It wouldn't have just been one touchdown if Bellevue didn't turn it over three times inside the twenty yard line. Bellevue had just as many total yards as Dayton had, turnovers just killed them, that's all..

 

Dayton had 4 turnovers too, thats only 2 less than Bellevue. One time they gave the ball up on Bellevue's 10 yard line after a dropped punt. And also good teams make other teams make mistakes....

  • Author

And as for Bellevue's secret weapon Thomas Barrett is starting. I'm not sure where he is starting, I suspect they may have him starting at quaterback but then that would seem like a very late change to do. I see him probably starting at half back with Buckler. How is this a secret weapon when he has been playing all year though?:confused:

And as for Bellevue's secret weapon Thomas Barrett is starting. I'm not sure where he is starting, I suspect they may have him starting at quaterback but then that would seem like a very late change to do. I see him probably starting at half back with Buckler. How is this a secret weapon when he has been playing all year though?:confused:

 

Actually, my younger brother is on the team and he said that Roger Babb has the flu and may not play this Friday. I think they are going to start their JV QB (Richard Wills?) to help compliment their new spread attack!:ylsuper:

And as for Bellevue's secret weapon Thomas Barrett is starting. I'm not sure where he is starting, I suspect they may have him starting at quaterback but then that would seem like a very late change to do. I see him probably starting at half back with Buckler. How is this a secret weapon when he has been playing all year though?:confused:

 

 

Wait until Beechwood unleashes their secret weapon tomorrow against Ludlow, it will be a shocker:sssh:

Bellevue has two state championships, winning in 1977 and 1979. They have four state runner-ups, finishing second in 1976, 1980, 1981 and 1990.

 

They won it in 51...

This should be a great hard hitting game but in the end of it all I see Bellevue singing their fight song in Front of their fans celebrating their victory.......:dancingpa:flame::devil:

I was talking with a friend who knows a couple of members of Bellevue coaching staff and he said that #19 ( I think it's Richard Wills) is definitely starting, because Babb can't get his temperature down and is throwing up. I also heard that Wills was 9 of 12 for 133 yds and 2 TD's against Dayton's JV. So I think he will compliment this new "Oregon-like" spread offense better than Babb.

  • Author
I was talking with a friend who knows a couple of members of Bellevue coaching staff and he said that #19 ( I think it's Richard Wills) is definitely starting, because Babb can't get his temperature down and is throwing up. I also heard that Wills was 9 of 12 for 133 yds and 2 TD's against Dayton's JV. So I think he will compliment this new "Oregon-like" spread offense better than Babb.

 

I highly doubt it is like Oregon's offense unless he is a better runner than all of your running backs. And I really hope that your incorrect about Babb, hopefully he can play so both teams might be able to play at full strength. And if Bellevue completely redid their offense I see that as a good thing for Dayton. Sure they won't have scouting on them, but it is so hard for a team to change an offense in the middle of season, let alone at the beginning of the playoffs. They have yet to run the offense against a good defense and that will mess up the timing of the offense. Either way it will be interesting to see what Bellevue does against them, and hopefully Babb can play.

I highly doubt it is like Oregon's offense unless he is a better runner than all of your running backs. And I really hope that your lying about Babb, hopefully he can play so both teams might be able to play at full strength. And if Bellevue completely redid their offense I see that as a good thing for Dayton. Sure they won't have scouting on them, but it is so hard for a team to change an offense in the middle of season, let alone at the beginning of the playoffs. They have yet to run the offense against a good defense and that will mess up the timing of the offense. Either way it will be interesting to see what Bellevue does against them, and hopefully Babb can play.

 

Guess you'll have to wait and see.. We've had a few qb specialists working with Wills tha past few weeks and has made more progress than anyone would have expected. He really is going to be a big asset tommorrow if his recivers have confidence.. Should be a great thing to see :thumb:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.