Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dayton/Bellevue Predictions

Who takes the second meeting? 81 members have voted

  1. 1. Who takes the second meeting?

    • Dayton Greendevils
      69%
    • Bellevue Tigers
      30%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Oh my!!! I take a few days off and all you know what breaks loose. I still have Dayton in this close rivalry game. Throw all previous meetings, regular season stuff out the window. If its one thing that I've learned as a fan and a player is that once that regular season is over, its a game of survival. In '92 Cov Cath handed it to us in Reg season 42-21, but we won 14-6 en route to a title. Teams take on either the fight or flight mentality. Zach, you are a class act like your father was. BTW, saw your bro on the golf course the other day. Think he was playing with John Daly. The guy kept driving the green on us. Pretty impressive.

 

Your father was a great, great, superb man. I know that he is so very proud of you and looking down on you with a huge smile on his face. I will never forget the times that I would see him at the football games every weekend since I was a young boy. Riding my bicycle to play my football game with the helmet through the shoulder pads, green team jersey flopping in the wind, cleets getting stuck in my pedals of my BMX bike, the smell of the field when arriving to Highlands, the smell of hot cocoa, and the deep wonderfully jovial voice of Reno Deaton. That was one of my many fond memories of the FTJFL.

 

Dayton 31

Bellevue 21

  • Replies 180
  • Views 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Nate Berkley personally and yes he was a great QB for Bellevue. However, I don't think he would be able to turn the passing game around in this quick of time. He had great instincts and that is something you are born with, not something you can teach. He knew how to read the defense, and didn't make stupid mistakes. And I believe he was pretty quick as well. Was a great asset to the track team. Someone who is going to be making there first start on the varsity level is going to be extremely nervous without the extra pressure of knowing its a playoff game, and that you must win or your season is over. So forgive me if I don't think that this will make that big of a difference. Now if Nate Berkley was going to be the QB on Friday, then that's a different story.

I know Nate Berkley personally and yes he was a great QB for Bellevue. However, I don't think he would be able to turn the passing game around in this quick of time. He had great instincts and that is something you are born with, not something you can teach. He knew how to read the defense, and didn't make stupid mistakes. And I believe he was pretty quick as well. Was a great asset to the track team. Someone who is going to be making there first start on the varsity level is going to be extremely nervous without the extra pressure of knowing its a playoff game, and that you must win or your season is over. So forgive me if I don't think that this will make that big of a difference. Now if Nate Berkley was going to be the QB on Friday, then that's a different story.

 

Maybe we're suiting him up...... Just playing Dayton don't freak out on me sorry if I brought some tears.. :banana:

  • Author

So I just confirmed this 'secret weapon' is Thomas Barrett starting at QB. I know he has decent speed, but is fairly small (built like Bukler). Personally I see this as an advantage for Dayton since this would be his first start ever at QB, but I look for Bellevue to try some QB run packages. Highly doubt they will try to pass with him that much since he won't be able to see over the big lineman, but will try to run with him some.

So I just confirmed this 'secret weapon' is Thomas Barrett starting at QB. I know he has decent speed, but is fairly small (built like Bukler). Personally I see this as an advantage for Dayton since this would be his first start ever at QB, but I look for Bellevue to try some QB run packages. Highly doubt they will try to pass with him that much since he won't be able to see over the big lineman, but will try to run with him some.[/QU]

 

 

Where did you get this information from?...

So I just confirmed this 'secret weapon' is Thomas Barrett starting at QB. I know he has decent speed, but is fairly small (built like Bukler). Personally I see this as an advantage for Dayton since this would be his first start ever at QB, but I look for Bellevue to try some QB run packages. Highly doubt they will try to pass with him that much since he won't be able to see over the big lineman, but will try to run with him some.[/QU]

 

 

Where did you get this information from?...

 

D.B. I have my ways of knowing things. We have a secret weapon too and he tells us a lot of things going on. I know it is not #19 playing, we all know the story behind him, but will not comment on that. I like the things people are putting on here about the secret weapon. Just remember a lot of things look good against your redshirts, when you run them. I know Berkley was close with Coach Montgomery, Coach Chenot and Coach Rice. Coach Chenot coached Berkley at Bellevue. Montgomery was a runningback who played with Berkley and Coach Rice has ties to Berkley from TMC. Let's just play football and we will see who is the real deal. This game is for round 2, it is for the communities to have bragging rights. Kickoff is 7:30 and anyone who wants to see a good game come on down to Davis Field. 20hrs 45 min until kickoff baby. Veterans day was yesterday and it reminds me off what is going on tomorrow. We are going to invade by air and by land have fun as we will.

Just ask Rudi! Dayton, take it home Coach Deaton!

 

:thumb:

8.5 hours till kickoff. I love the shirts Bellevue the good Ludlow the bad Dayton the ugly. What a waste of money and material! Dayton cleanest, Ludlow cleaner, and Bellevue dirty. That is how the backs of the jerseys are going to look after the games. No offense to Ludlow I am just using the terminology Bellevue used for the shirts.

8.5 hours till kickoff. I love the shirts Bellevue the good Ludlow the bad Dayton the ugly. What a waste of money and material! Dayton cleanest, Ludlow cleaner, and Bellevue dirty. That is how the backs of the jerseys are going to look after the games. No offense to Ludlow I am just using the terminology Bellevue used for the shirts.

 

Dude not one thing about Dayton is clean...never has been, never will be! It's a fact of life....much like gravity, and the DH

Dude not one thing about Dayton is clean...never has been, never will be! It's a fact of life....much like gravity, and the DH

 

That is funny. All year Coach Montgomery said when he played for

Bellevue he felt the same way. Now that he has been here for about 7 months, he said how much class and how great of people our team is. So that is coming from a man who has lived in Bellevue all of his life. I think he knows what he is talking about too. So maybe you should see first before you come on here and talk about people like that. I was referring to the jerseys not the people. It was just a saying, obviously I hope our jerseys are dirty, becasue it means we are flying to the football. 8 hours till kickoff.:fight:

A Dayton/Bellevue playoff thread that will shortly be closed, it doesn't get much better than this...:ylsuper::ylsuper:

Dude not one thing about Dayton is clean...never has been, never will be! It's a fact of life....much like gravity, and the DH

 

I think you will learn another "fact" of life tonight after Dayton runs all over Bellevue again. Oh and by the way Dayton gave Bellevue the ball on like the 15 yard line and Bellevue did not score. Also Bellevue only had two more turnovers than Dayton. We will see come tonight.:fire::fire::fire::fire:

....You'll see come 7:30 pm Friday night at Davis field when the tigers come out to play.. Good luck both teams.. :dancingpa

 

Actually 7 O'clock tell the tigers not to be late.

Actually 7 O'clock tell the tigers not to be late.

 

Incorrect. The game is for 7:30. Looks like the Devils may be extra early.

 

Besides that, their bus will leave from the school and get a police escort down the avenue at 5:30. That would be a little close for a 7:00 game.

8.5 hours till kickoff. I love the shirts Bellevue the good Ludlow the bad Dayton the ugly. What a waste of money and material! Dayton cleanest, Ludlow cleaner, and Bellevue dirty. That is how the backs of the jerseys are going to look after the games. No offense to Ludlow I am just using the terminology Bellevue used for the shirts.

 

 

I understand your analogy, cute, but I will make a bet that Ludlow has the cleanest jersey's.:jump:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.