Out of control children and the parents that allow it...

theguru

What should be done about out of control children at high school football games and the parents that allow them to run around unsupervised? This small child was running around LexCath's field and treating the soccer goals like a Jungle Jim at the recent Highlands/LexCath football game:

outofcontrol.jpg

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wondered where he went to.

Seriously, schools need to visit some sort of policies regarding this. Too many parents drop their kids off at games (basketball and soccer also) and pick them up two hours later.

Schools need to implement a minimum age for kids to come unsupervised and an ejection policy. If they are running around, playing nerf football just outside the end zone, throwing rocks at the concession stand, rolling down a big hill by the stands, etc., they need to be taken to their parents and told the next time it happens, they aren't welcome back. If their parents aren't there, ban them from future games.

You make an example out of a few kids and word travels fast. I know I've heard several places make an announcement in the pregame to the effect of "We are not your child's babysitters. Please keep an eye on them so that everyone can enjoy the game."

Great thread subject. Something needs to be done because the problem is getting worse.

I would find their parents and relay that the "stadium" is not a playground OR daycare...watch their children or get ejected.

:thumb: This has my vote!

I also think that just maybe that a lot of these kids that we see doing this may come from the "time out" era of dicipline :D? Does anyone like I remember the day that a "time out" from you parents meant the your Dad (or Mom) took time out if their day to bust your......."butt" :eek::D. I certainly do and think that the "time out" theory of today certainly shows in the kids behavior (or bad behavior) would be the better term.

I can remember as a kid that an occasional two hand touch football would break out behind one endzone. But I also remember that I had a parent at the game also. When the world seemed safer parents were always with their kid. Now in this day and time where kids are being stalked by predators, Parents don't mind to drop off their kids at a football game or Mall and let them walk around completely unsupervised.

I would never drop off my kids I don't care how embarrassed they may get with me there around their friends. They are my responsibility not the schools during an after school event or even Mall personnel.

I would find their parents and relay that the "stadium" is not a playground OR daycare...watch their children or get ejected.
And if there was any damage to the goals or nets the kids parents should be held accountable . Those nets are not cheap and the goals are dangerous they can tip over if not properly secured .

And if there was any damage to the goals or nets the kids parents should be held accountable . Those nets are not cheap and the goals are dangerous they can tip over if not properly secured .

and sadly if the goal did tip over and injure the child the parents would probably sue for damages.:rolleyes: