Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Middle School Basketball

Featured Replies

  • Replies 1k
  • Views 133.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sharp won big last night over Newport, 51-17. A nice night for several Sharp Wildcats. I was looking forward to the game this afternoon between Sharp/Holmes!

Sharp won big last night over Newport, 51-17. A nice night for several Sharp Wildcats. I was looking forward to the game this afternoon between Sharp/Holmes!

 

As of now, everything pushed to Friday.

CC was up one at that point and McGovney got hit pretty hard. He made both to seal the win by 3.

 

I take my hat off to the boys from Summit View. Congrats on a very tough season. There are a lot of good ball players on that team that will make a lot of noise in the future.

 

OH okay, I miss-understood. I wasn't complaining about the ref's they were actually very good refs if it was the same one's that did the Twenhofel game.

 

I said it's hard to not let the kid's decide the outcome, however it wouldn't of mattered if CC was up 1 so disregard my post.

In 8th grade, you obviously have to install Scott County as a favorite. But, Richardson could very well end up getting pulled up to the high school next year and that would definitely change things. Georgetown Middle lost Tamron Manning this year when he was pulled up and, while they were still good, they went from finishing 2nd in 7th grade to losing in the quarters this year. Plus, who knows if some of the Louisville teams will get to come next year like they did in 8th this year. That definitely changed the dynamics of the 8th grade field.
It will be interesting to see who plays 8th grade next year. Like Richardson, Gover may be playing Freshman and JV next year. If that does happen then I hope they let him play against Wayne Co. and S. Laurel (and/or in the 8th grade state tournament). These are such competitive games and are always circled on the calendar weeks in advance. But at this time it's only a rumor. The administration could keep the one jersey rule and make him play 8th grade only next year:rolleyes:
Somerset-Meece, and a healthy South Laurel will be a top teams in the 8th grade as well.

 

What about the Walton team? Will they play 7th next year? They have 2 outstanding guards. Somerset will be a strong contender if Dishman plays in the 7th grade. Wayne county is adding a big kid, he is moving to Monticello this summer will make them extra strong. I heard the big kid from Sayre is moving back to New York and leaving the Warriors as well. Other strong 7th grade teams will be Central, Hazard, Lincoln County, and LTMS. The Scott County teams will be a big factor as well.

 

In 6th grade Wayne County, Rose Hill, Mason County, Lincoln County, Somerset, and Southern will all be very strong. Clinton's 6th could be strong but Dalton and Davis may only play on the 7th and 8th grade teams, small town not much depth in some grades.

7th grade for Meece will depend on the one jersey rule. If they do change the rule then I think Meece is the favorite. If Portwood plays 7th grade next year then Scott Co. will also be one of the favorites if not the favorite.

 

I would put Clinton Co. as the favorite for 6th grade if Daulton and Davis play. Wayne Co will also be tough. I hope Meece will be right there with them as contenders. These 3 teams have been playing against each other for a few years now and I would like to see the rivalry continue.:thumb:

I guess this thread will be closing really soon. I have really enjoyed talking middle school basketball with everyone this season, good luck this summer and I hope to chat with everyone next season!

 

How about one last topic. Who will be the teams to beat next year at the middle school state tournament in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade?

 

Definitely watch for Lincoln County's 8th grade team next year! They were undefeated in conference play this year (and last) and made it to the state tournament final four! I think Meece will be one to watch too! I didn't get to see Scott County play at the state tournament, but since they won, I would say they will be right up there again. Christian County was pretty good also!

Sharp has a few above average players which contribute to their success. Newport has had players that have had grade issues and discipline issues. They've lost point guards which would have helped with their season. Newport's 7th grade coach should be commended for his stand with the discipline and grade issues. IMO -- more coaches should be aware of their players in school performances. Good luck -- Sharp.

Sharp has a few above average players which contribute to their success. Newport has had players that have had grade issues and discipline issues. They've lost point guards which would have helped with their season. Newport's 7th grade coach should be commended for his stand with the discipline and grade issues. IMO -- more coaches should be aware of their players in school performances. Good luck -- Sharp.

 

Coaches rarely have any say in eligibility issues. I'd say Newport's admin. should be commended.

With the 6th grade Somerset/Clinton/Wayne rivalry I think the team that physically matures the most will be the best. We are at the age where some will take off and some will still be a year or two away. I think all 3 are no where near maturing completely which says alot about what they have accomplished. In middles school alot of times, maturity rules over ability, not the case in this situation with these 3 teams.

Been hearing that Russell County's best player may be moved up to F/JV next year as well. They were a Final 4 team at the KBA State. If he's moved up, that really hurts their team.

I heard the big kid from Sayre is moving back to New York and leaving the Warriors as well..

 

This kid -- Dakari (?) Johnson -- never was on the Warriors roster this year. Whether he goes back to New York if irrelevant, he is not playing with the Warriors.

It's been a fun year, good to meet some of you all at the games, now.....it's time for baseball!

It's relevant on the middle school basketball board because he was the most dominate player in the 6th grade state. As far as AAU goes, it is irrelevant.

 

Baseball??? Isn't that a game they play in the summer when some people think it's too hot to play basketball?

Baseball??? Isn't that a game they play in the summer when some people think it's too hot to play basketball?:laugh:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.