Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Middle School Basketball

Featured Replies

It's relevant on the middle school basketball board because he was the most dominate player in the 6th grade state. As far as AAU goes, it is irrelevant.
He definately made an impact at the middle school state tournament.
  • Replies 1k
  • Views 133.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be interesting to see who plays 8th grade next year. Like Richardson, Gover may be playing Freshman and JV next year. If that does happen then I hope they let him play against Wayne Co. and S. Laurel (and/or in the 8th grade state tournament). These are such competitive games and are always circled on the calendar weeks in advance. But at this time it's only a rumor. The administration could keep the one jersey rule and make him play 8th grade only next year:rolleyes:

 

Future, I don't think the Freshman/J.V. games matter with the one jersey rule. It's only for the middle school teams. D.J. Townsend played freshman games and 8th grade games this past season. I'd say it will be up to Gover if he wants to play up and play 8th Grade. The freshman may need him because with the current freshman coaching situation Townsend is the only one of this season's starters for sure playing next season.

It's relevant on the middle school basketball board because he was the most dominate player in the 6th grade state. As far as AAU goes, it is irrelevant.

 

Baseball??? Isn't that a game they play in the summer when some people think it's too hot to play basketball?

 

What I meant is it irrelevant whether he goes back to New York or not as far as the Warriors are concerned because he is not playing with them. As far as Sayre is concerned, it is relevant.

Future, I don't think the Freshman/J.V. games matter with the one jersey rule. It's only for the middle school teams. D.J. Townsend played freshman games and 8th grade games this past season. I'd say it will be up to Gover if he wants to play up and play 8th Grade. The freshman may need him because with the current freshman coaching situation Townsend is the only one of this season's starters for sure playing next season.

 

I think Gover would greatly help the freshman group next year. I thought the 8th grade group was missing a true point guard. Townsend is good, but would be better IMO playing on the wing.

I think Gover would greatly help the freshman group next year. I thought the 8th grade group was missing a true point guard. Townsend is good, but would be better IMO playing on the wing.

 

 

No doubt he'd help. There's a lot of really good athletes in that class but only one real basketball player in Townsend. The rest play good defense, crash the boards and play unbelievably hard but they get by on athletic ability and hustle. Unfortunately I don't think the majority will be out next season in all likelihood only Townsend and Laign will play with Lang a possibility. Slaughter, Wilson and Speaks probably won't.

Future, I don't think the Freshman/J.V. games matter with the one jersey rule. It's only for the middle school teams. D.J. Townsend played freshman games and 8th grade games this past season. I'd say it will be up to Gover if he wants to play up and play 8th Grade. The freshman may need him because with the current freshman coaching situation Townsend is the only one of this season's starters for sure playing next season.
I know, I watched DJ play freshman ball this year. It was my atempt at being sarcastic. To tell you the truth, I don't know if Gover would play freshman. He may choose to play 8th grade and JV.:sssh:
No doubt he'd help. There's a lot of really good athletes in that class but only one real basketball player in Townsend. The rest play good defense, crash the boards and play unbelievably hard but they get by on athletic ability and hustle. Unfortunately I don't think the majority will be out next season in all likelihood only Townsend and Laign will play with Lang a possibility. Slaughter, Wilson and Speaks probably won't.
Laign won't play either. His dad is not a fan of the coach.
No doubt he'd help. There's a lot of really good athletes in that class but only one real basketball player in Townsend. The rest play good defense, crash the boards and play unbelievably hard but they get by on athletic ability and hustle. Unfortunately I don't think the majority will be out next season in all likelihood only Townsend and Laign will play with Lang a possibility. Slaughter, Wilson and Speaks probably won't.

 

The Somerset class of 2012 is loaded with athletes. It is possible the class of 2011 and 2012 could be one of the better football teams Somerset has had in a long time and that is saying a lot.:thumb: They will also be nice in baseball.

It's relevant on the middle school basketball board because he was the most dominate player in the 6th grade state. As far as AAU goes, it is irrelevant.

 

Baseball??? Isn't that a game they play in the summer when some people think it's too hot to play basketball?

 

 

You have that statement backwards my friend. Basketball is the game they play in the winter because it's too cold for baseball.

I think Gover would greatly help the freshman group next year. I thought the 8th grade group was missing a true point guard. Townsend is good, but would be better IMO playing on the wing.
I think you are right. Townsend would be nice on the wing with Gover at the point.
Laign won't play either. His dad is not a fan of the coach.

 

 

He spent the night with me and Taylor at the KBA on Saturday and he said that he'd have to really think about it. I kind of figured he would since he doesn't play any other sports but I think we've got him talked into coming out for football--at least working out with the team. He played in little league and would like to try wide receiver. If the coaching situation stays the way it is they'll have a hard time fielding a freshman team because at least 3 of the reserves that hardly played this season said they won't come out. Since we only had 9 on the team that only leaves 2 players which would be a shame--but I can't much blame them, could you?

He spent the night with me and Taylor at the KBA on Saturday and he said that he'd have to really think about it. I kind of figured he would since he doesn't play any other sports but I think we've got him talked into coming out for football--at least working out with the team. He played in little league and would like to try wide receiver. If the coaching situation stays the way it is they'll have a hard time fielding a freshman team because at least 3 of the reserves that hardly played this season said they won't come out. Since we only had 9 on the team that only leaves 2 players which would be a shame--but I can't much blame them, could you?
It would be great for Laign to play football. That is exactly what he needs. Strength and toughness. I understand why they don't want to play though.
I think Gover would greatly help the freshman group next year. I thought the 8th grade group was missing a true point guard. Townsend is good, but would be better IMO playing on the wing.

 

I heard a RUMOR (from a very reliable source) the other night at the Southwestern/Lincoln game that Gover may be moving to Lincoln - could this be true?

All games canceled tonight for NKYMSBL!

 

They will try and play the TRMS/Sharp game @ 6:30 Saturday evening!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.