Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Middle School Basketball

Featured Replies

So has there really been this big a stink over a conference championship?

Why didn't the teams in question come down to the KBA and settle it on the court? NKY seemed to be absent this weekend. This thread has been devoted to them, where have they been the last 3 weeks?

  • Replies 1k
  • Views 133.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is Sharp Middle School? Pendleton County?

 

Pendleton was beat the first round of the 7th grade tourney.

  • Author
Game tapes will show how fast Highlands came out of that man and went to a1-3-1 defense because of McClendon.And if not worthy of double teams yet why cry about the changing of schools and for him not to play. If he was the last kid off the bench no one would have said a word about it.

 

I will disagree with you there but it doesnt really matter. The coach mixes in a 1-3-1 against most teams regardless if they have great players. He should have gone with it the whole game. He also made the mistake of not subbing in for Turner/Dupont enough as they were exhausted at the end of the game. Go back to the game tape and see how tired Turner was bringing the ball up the floor with 60 seconds left and see the unforced turnovers. One was an over and back. That is the result of mental exhaustion because Turner has been playing competetive ball for 4+ yrs.

 

Look, SV hit big shots to win that game and I pat them on the back. I am just saying McClendon didnt play like the Horse everyone is claiming he is. I know he can ball, he may end up being one of the best players in the 9th Region by the time he is a senior and I wish him the best.

  • Author
HOOPDR: I LOVE the enthusiasm!! Another conference tournament title sounds good to me!!!!:thumb::banana:

 

:dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :ylsuper:

 

You all definitely have the home court advantage but I think the Birds will have something to say before its all over. It should be a very good tournament and I expect Holmes to play tough as well.

  • Author
So has there really been this big a stink over a conference championship?

Why didn't the teams in question come down to the KBA and settle it on the court? NKY seemed to be absent this weekend. This thread has been devoted to them, where have they been the last 3 weeks?

 

I agree. Conference championships at 7th grade level IMO are meaningless. Developing talent is the main key. You never know who is going to continue playing through high school at this early age.

 

Sharp and Highlands were the only 2 teams that went down to the KBA. Highlands didnt play well at all in both of their games but I think the teams they played had a lot to do with that. LTMS had McFarland who swatted I think 12 shots and had a huge 2nd half. Scott Co was their other opponent and they shot lights out from 3pt land in the game hitting like 12 three pointers. They went on to win the Tournament.

 

Sharp beat Spencer Co. and then lost to McNabb and from what I hear they didnt play well in that 2nd game. They are a strong team with Monroe/Strong/Harper leading them.

 

I would have liked to have seen more NKY teams but to be honest many do not even know about the state tourney. I think you have to have coaches who are in the know or have parents who keep up on the stuff. Highlands head coach didnt really have interest in going down to be honest and also had a schedule conflict so a couple parents basically took them down to play.

Sharp MS was without a starter against McNabb on Saturday of the State Tourney and that really hurt, but tip your hat to McNabb--they played well enough to win. I would love for our team to be full throttle and play them again.

 

In agree that at the 6th, 7th, and 8th grade levels you should develop your players and work on fundamentals. In the end however, you keep the scores sand the records and since we do we want to win every game we play. Which I am sure is like everyone else, this does not make us unusual!

 

With Monroe, Strong, Harper, Appleman, and Moore the future for Sharp MS and PC basketball is bright. They have some key role players off their bench to that hopefully will continue to develop!

  • Author
Sharp MS was without a starter against McNabb on Saturday of the State Tourney and that really hurt, but tip your hat to McNabb--they played well enough to win. I would love for our team to be full throttle and play them again.

 

In agree that at the 6th, 7th, and 8th grade levels you should develop your players and work on fundamentals. In the end however, you keep the scores sand the records and since we do we want to win every game we play. Which I am sure is like everyone else, this does not make us unusual!

 

With Monroe, Strong, Harper, Appleman, and Moore the future for Sharp MS and PC basketball is bright. They have some key role players off their bench to that hopefully will continue to develop!

 

This is a good corp. for the Wildcats to build on and they will get better as they love their Basketball down in PC. The Birds have a strong corp. as well in this class with Witte,Turner, McCoy, Whitford, Dupont, Christian, Collinsworth, True. If they keep working on their game over the next few years things will be good in Ft. Thomas.

 

I will agree with you TubbyCats, we love to win but its not the end of the world if we dont. See you all this week. Good Luck.

Let me know how it all goes.. I'll post how Twenhofel does this week, that's who obviously who i'll be pulling for.

I don't think anyone is complaining about the conference HoopDR.

Also, SVM is not the reason Boone CTY didn't want Kenton in there league.

My understanding now is that Boone wishes they would have kept Kenton in there league. It was a competitive league and they realized the grass is not greener on the other side.

SVM will not use any excuses win or lose. They have played team ball all year.

They have had 6 to 7 different starting lineups due to injury and school issues and have survived. For them to get to the finals will be difficult.

Whatever happens, the remaining players should be proud of the way they hung in there.

Good Luck to all.

 

 

 

 

 

:laugh:If and I will say If SV is the best team in NKY then they will make the finals and win it all. If not then they have the McClendon excuse to fall back on. I think Sharp is the best team in NKY just my opinion. I will let their record stand for itself. I know they had the best record in the conference this year and only have lost once at SV by 6. This is their only loss in 2 years.

And again two of their better players did not even play half the game. If you don't like the conference the go back to Boone County league. Oh wait they don't want you in it.

 

:fight: Sharp Middle School 7th Grade

06/07 NKMSBL Regular Season Champions

Tournament Champions

07/08 NKMSBL Regular Season Champions

Tournament Champions TBD

:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa

My apologies spy2008 and to the Summit View "Team" I did not mean to seem bashing the Summit View program. I commend you guys on your prior situation. I let a few posters get under my skin. I know the problem with Boone and Kenton was not with SV and I should of said it differently or not posted it at all.

I do like the Kenton County schools in this conference as it has only made it better. I would also like to see the Boone Co schools in it also.

  • Author
My apologies spy2008 and to the Summit View "Team" I did not mean to seem bashing the Summit View program. I commend you guys on your prior situation. I let a few posters get under my skin. I know the problem with Boone and Kenton was not with SV and I should of said it differently or not posted it at all.

I do like the Kenton County schools in this conference as it has only made it better. I would also like to see the Boone Co schools in it also.

 

:thumb:

Well said, HOOPDR!:thumb:

I heard the forecast as well calling for 1 - 2 inches by morning. The kids on my son's team haven't had a practice since before the snow last week. Hopefully it makes them hungry to play but then again that could hurt a team too.

The weather scares me to death. We are scheduled to play tomorrow night @ 7:30.

 

IF the snow comes you can almost be certain that school will be canceled!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.