Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Middle School Basketball

Featured Replies

7th Grade TRMS Titans defeated the 7th Grade Highlands Bluebirds 46-22. It was reported that Sharp was defeating Newport after the 1st period. It looks as if TRMS and Sharp will face off Thursday evening @ Sharp MS 5:00. The last time they played at Holmes, Sharp defeated TRMS in the final seconds on a 3 pointer. Good Luck to all Teams! 6th Grade TRMS Boys defeated St. Pius and will play Newport @ Newport 5:00. Good Luck Titans!

  • Replies 1k
  • Views 133.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

If TRMS plays with as much intensity that they played with tonight they will win this tournament. They have to just keep driving to the hole and force teams to guard them on their penetration. They have several good athletes but no real shooters at all. Their defense is very good as well and they can cause numerous turnovers.

 

If PC can get someone other than Monroe to handle the pressure they could very well win and with playing on their homecourt they have to be the favorite. However, with the way the TRMS boys played, they seem to have a lot of desire. Nice job boys!

gryche11..I watched the first 2 games between the Birds and Titans and do believe there is something missing with the Birds based upon this lopsided victory tonight. I have seen several of the Birds in the Armory and don't believe they would ever quit. As far as the Titans go, they have been playing a little more consistent and under control. They must continue to work on both if they want to compete tomorrow night against Sharp on their court. Great season Birds!

  • Author
gryche11..I watched the first 2 games between the Birds and Titans and do believe there is something missing with the Birds based upon this lopsided victory tonight. I have seen several of the Birds in the Armory and don't believe they would ever quit. As far as the Titans go, they have been playing a little more consistent and under control. They must continue to work on both if they want to compete tomorrow night against Sharp on their court. Great season Birds!

 

I can tell you firsthand they have more fun playing ball at the ARmory then in school games at this point. I dont know what it is but they just shut it down right before the STate Tourney. It was a fun season and 23 wins is something to be proud of but with the talent they have I was hoping by their last game they would be playing better. Hey, their jr. high kids and its a tough time in their lives. Not to mention they havent been full strength since early January. I know Dupont was sick tonight and played 3 minutes but the effort just wasnt there.

 

I really liked the progress the TRMS team has shown and when they get McClendon next season they will be the team to beat. Those boys have shown control and poise in the last couple games I have seen and should be commended. The coaches seem like they really motivate the boys also and bring out the best in them. Congrats and good luck.

The coaches grew up in the community and do everything that they can to see that the boys have fun playing. They coach them in a variety of ways to ensure they are successful on and off the court. McClendon is a great kid and will be a huge asset to the team next year. Thanks! Hopefully the Titans will continue to play hard and bring home a winner Thursday.

CC purple won by 2.. Twenhofel won by about 12.

CC purple won by 2.. Twenhofel won by about 12.

 

Congrats to Twenhofel. They are the team I will be pulling for now that SVMS is out of it.

 

I felt so bad for those boys tonight. It broke my heart to watch them play so hard and still lose. They need to be congratulated on a season well played. Only two conference loses and conference runner up. Way to go boys. They faced a lot towards the end of the season and the nine that were left gave it their all. Two were still there every step of the way even though they were out due to injuries and I know it broke their heart to lose too.

 

But that is life and these boys learned a hard but good lesson about reality. They will be back next year and ready to win it all!

 

Good luck to the teams that are left! It has been fun to watch.

I missed the SV game but I heard the ref called a foul with .03 left. Hard to not let the kids decide the outcome in OT.

I missed the SV game but I heard the ref called a foul with .03 left. Hard to not let the kids decide the outcome in OT.[/quote

 

So there are numerous threads throughout BGP that talk about refs not calling fouls yet when they do, regardless of what point it is in the game, again they are wrong? And how is that not letting the kids decided the game? Unbelievable!:confused:

I missed the SV game but I heard the ref called a foul with .03 left. Hard to not let the kids decide the outcome in OT.

 

CC was up one at that point and McGovney got hit pretty hard. He made both to seal the win by 3.

 

I take my hat off to the boys from Summit View. Congrats on a very tough season. There are a lot of good ball players on that team that will make a lot of noise in the future.

I guess this thread will be closing really soon. I have really enjoyed talking middle school basketball with everyone this season, good luck this summer and I hope to chat with everyone next season!

 

How about one last topic. Who will be the teams to beat next year at the middle school state tournament in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade?

No doubt Clinton in the 6th. Wayne will also be tough. The others I couldn't begin to tell you.

  • Author
I guess this thread will be closing really soon. I have really enjoyed talking middle school basketball with everyone this season, good luck this summer and I hope to chat with everyone next season!

 

How about one last topic. Who will be the teams to beat next year at the middle school state tournament in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade?

 

It has been good chatting it up and I am glad I started this thread. I had no clue it would get as many looks as it did. I think its good to talk about the kids no matter how their teams are performing.

 

I hope I didnt offend anyone with any comments made on here during the season as I generally like seeing all the kids succeed. Keep working with your kids and keep em interested in roundball. Good Luck to everyone and see you on the AAU circuit this spring/summer. :thumb:

How about one last topic. Who will be the teams to beat next year at the middle school state tournament in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade?

 

In 8th grade, you obviously have to install Scott County as a favorite. But, Richardson could very well end up getting pulled up to the high school next year and that would definitely change things. Georgetown Middle lost Tamron Manning this year when he was pulled up and, while they were still good, they went from finishing 2nd in 7th grade to losing in the quarters this year. Plus, who knows if some of the Louisville teams will get to come next year like they did in 8th this year. That definitely changed the dynamics of the 8th grade field.

Somerset-Meece, and a healthy South Laurel will be a top teams in the 8th grade as well.

 

What about the Walton team? Will they play 7th next year? They have 2 outstanding guards. Somerset will be a strong contender if Dishman plays in the 7th grade. Wayne county is adding a big kid, he is moving to Monticello this summer will make them extra strong. I heard the big kid from Sayre is moving back to New York and leaving the Warriors as well. Other strong 7th grade teams will be Central, Hazard, Lincoln County, and LTMS. The Scott County teams will be a big factor as well.

 

In 6th grade Wayne County, Rose Hill, Mason County, Lincoln County, Somerset, and Southern will all be very strong. Clinton's 6th could be strong but Dalton and Davis may only play on the 7th and 8th grade teams, small town not much depth in some grades.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.