Holmes at Scott Predictions

Who wins?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this game comes down to can Scott contain Miller the quarterback which will be a hard task because no one it seems can stop him from getting his yards every game. I do remember a couple years ago when Scott played Holmes on homecoming and Duran Jefferson was at quarterback and no one had stopped him all year and Scott totally shut him down and won the game. I know Scott has the talent to play better than they have shown this year. They will need to show it this game to have a chance against the speed of Holmes especially Miller and Palmer.

I think this game comes down to can Scott contain Miller the quarterback which will be a hard task because no one it seems can stop him from getting his yards every game. I do remember a couple years ago when Scott played Holmes on homecoming and Duran Jefferson was at quarterback and no one had stopped him all year and Scott totally shut him down and won the game. I know Scott has the talent to play better than they have shown this year. They will need to show it this game to have a chance against the speed of Holmes especially Miller and Palmer.

Miller didnt do much against Dayton if i can recall.

Common team:

Dayton 21 Holmes 19

Dayton 14 Scott 10

Can we extrapolate anything from this?

Yes i know both teams very well Holmes is very fast and Scott couldnt handle Daytons speed also Holmes beat a HC team that is a power game that Scott will try and show offensivelly for Scott they have Rob Hankinson good reciever but i think that against a pretty good secondary he wont win the game for Scott like they would want. If Scott wants to win they must run the ball and control the clock and shut down James Miller and hit him everytime they can and wear him down physicalluy and mentally if Scott can do that they could win but i dont see it happening. Holmes by 16 they dont kick PAT

Yes i know both teams very well Holmes is very fast and Scott couldnt handle Daytons speed also Holmes beat a HC team that is a power game that Scott will try and show offensivelly for Scott they have Rob Hankinson good reciever but i think that against a pretty good secondary he wont win the game for Scott like they would want. If Scott wants to win they must run the ball and control the clock and shut down James Miller and hit him everytime they can and wear him down physicalluy and mentally if Scott can do that they could win but i dont see it happening. Holmes by 16 they dont kick PAT

Scotts offensive line has not shown that they can protect Deck, I agree with this and I have saying this for this team forever. When you have a team like Scott, you must win time of possesion, the other team cant score when they arent on the field, and this defense is good enough to win you games, if the offense controls the ball and eats up clock. Any defense wheres out if on the field to long, and i would bet that through three games, Scott's defense has been on the field more than at least 95% of the teams in the state.

Scotts offensive line has not shown that they can protect Deck, I agree with this and I have saying this for this team forever.

Same here. It is virtually impossible for you to control the clock or protect your QB when your offensive linemen are on their heels the entire game. They need to consider that they are running the wrong type of offense. There is not a good mix of run/pass. They need to line up and give their linemen a chance to FIRE OFF THE BALL, start tagging defenses. I went to many Scott games last year. Varsity, JV, Freshman. From the top to the bottom they had the same results. When you have athletes like Spencer, Bianchi, Hankinson and Forrester. Why are you not running a 2 and 3 back set to get them the ball? If you start pounding the ball with success, it opens play action passes and gives the opportunity for a guy like Deck to stand in the pocket and sling it. By the way, you cannot expect 5 O-linemen to block 6 guys. Do the math. Unfortunately, over the past 3 years there has been a lot of talent on that Eagle team that did not get the recognition that they deserved because of coaching. Unfortunately, this can be said about this years senior class. It is a shame.

I like both coaches of these teams, which makes my decision hard. I voted for Scott because I just want to see them do well. Still feel guilty about stealing potentially their best player 10 or so years ago in Lorenzen. So out of guilt, I would like to see them notch a big win. On the other hand, full supporter of Lickert and close friend of his family. They are great people as is he. I will be happy for either of these guys for gettin a win. Good luck and I do believe that this game will be closer than you Nay-sayers think.

If Holmes puts #22 who is 5'5" on Scott's #81 who is 6'3"......I would hope #81 has a BIG night. No pun intended.

Not always about height. This game will be decided inside the box. Can Scott's Line hold water? Can Deck be given the time to hit his receivers? Will the Scott coaching staff adjust their offensive set to get the ball in the hands of their playmakers (Spencer, Bianchi and Forrester)? Will Scott's defense be able to put pressure on Miller and keep him and Palmer contained?

If the answer to more than one of the above is no, then it will be a long night for the Eagles of Taylor Mill. As I stated before in this thread I have strong ties to both teams. This is my impartial opinion. I will be glad for whichever team that wins, and will be sad for the loser. They both need this win. Both have one district loss and given the rest of their district it is unlikely that either will post another district win other than the one that is earned this Friday. I will be at the game, rooting for both sides. Best of luck to both teams.

Not always about height. This game will be decided inside the box. Can Scott's Line hold water? Can Deck be given the time to hit his receivers? Will the Scott coaching staff adjust their offensive set to get the ball in the hands of their playmakers (Spencer, Bianchi and Forrester)? Will Scott's defense be able to put pressure on Miller and keep him and Palmer contained?

If the answer to more than one of the above is no, then it will be a long night for the Eagles of Taylor Mill. As I stated before in this thread I have strong ties to both teams. This is my impartial opinion. I will be glad for whichever team that wins, and will be sad for the loser. They both need this win. Both have one district loss and given the rest of their district it is unlikely that either will post another district win other than the one that is earned this Friday. I will be at the game, rooting for both sides. Best of luck to both teams.

From hearing Lickert talk in the paper i would say he will put number 1 Rashaad Palmer on Hank. Palmer is a supposed D-1 talent at corner so well see should be a good test for him and shows if he is D-1 or not time to put up or shut up for both teams. Holmes wins big.