Kentucky AP Poll for 9/4/07

When Webster Co makes the Top 10, it's pretty weak...IMO, they would lose to every ranked 1a and 2a team... I do think Central, Belfry, Russell and Breathitt Co are all legit teams, but, after that, I do think alot of the Top 10 2a and 1a teams could play with or beat the others...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*edit* gchs uk9 beat me to it.

Can you define that?

If you match that 3A top ten against the 2A top ten, or the 1A top ten, you think they would lose more than they would win?

I meant it as overall, plus it was a general consensus amongst people I have talked to in public and private in the communities and on this discussion board.

With so few teams in this new alignment, a Top 10 will appear weak, because there are going to be teams with sub-par records that will remain in the poll, because of their credibility or SOS.

I still trying to figure out how they voted Bellevue higher than Dayton...
I suspect the Bellevue win over Paris, who some were touting as a possible top-10 team, has something to do with it. Dayton has beaten Holmes and Scott, two teams that aren't well known outside of northern Kentucky.

I meant it as overall, plus it was a general consensus amongst people I have talked to in public and private in the communities and on this discussion board.

With so few teams in this new alignment, a Top 10 will appear weak, because there are going to be teams with sub-par records that will remain in the poll, because of their credibility or SOS.

I think you can make a case for comparing the top ten from each class and saying 3A is the weaker because there are some strong teams at the very very top in both the lower classes. But that is where the argument would end, with maybe the top 5 in each class.

However, if you are talking top to bottom, then there is no way 3A is weaker than 2A or 1A. Take an objective look at the teams in each class that lies outside the top ten, and consider how they match up with with the same teams in the other two and 3A is stronger than 2A or 1A (as it should be).

Do you really think overall, top to bottom, the 1A and 2A teams would win more than they would lose against the 3A teams?

I think you can make a case for comparing the top ten from each class and saying 3A is the weaker because there are some strong teams at the very very top in both the lower classes. But that is where the argument would end, with maybe the top 5 in each class.

However, if you are talking top to bottom, then there is no way 3A is weaker than 2A or 1A. Take an objective look at the teams in each class that lies outside the top ten, and consider how they match up with with the same teams in the other two and 3A is stronger than 2A or 1A (as it should be).

Do you really think overall, top to bottom, the 1A and 2A teams would win more than they would lose against the 3A teams?

Good logic Toots, and Good Morning to you.:jump:

I think that Paducah Tilghman is pretty underrated at #7 right now, but its understandable with their record, but they have played some great teams right down to the wire, (Graves and Christian County). I expect them to be right at the top come middle to end of the season.