Glazer apologizes to Kentucky....

Here's the way I see it. To outsiders, there is a general "Kentucky" label. To Kentuckians, there is a difference between different parts of the state. If you're from Northern Ky or Louisville (or even Lexington) you look down on anything or anyone east of I-75 and south of I-64. Most see it as the "backwards" part of Kentucky - the Kentucky of the stereotypes.

It's easier for those folks not in that particular quadrant of the state to laugh at those jokes that Glazer made because you see it as "They're making fun of Kentucky, but not me. I'm not like them in the southeast."

It cuts a little deeper for everyone else.

:thumb: :thumb:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the way I see it. To outsiders, there is a general "Kentucky" label. To Kentuckians, there is a difference between different parts of the state. If you're from Northern Ky or Louisville (or even Lexington) you look down on anything or anyone east of I-75 and south of I-64. Most see it as the "backwards" part of Kentucky - the Kentucky of the stereotypes.

It's easier for those folks not in that particular quadrant of the state to laugh at those jokes that Glazer made because you see it as "They're making fun of Kentucky, but not me. I'm not like them in the southeast."

It cuts a little deeper for everyone else.

Nice assessment.

The apology was hardly an apology anyway. That is the worst part of it. He will say he's sorry, but in the next sentence he defends everything he said in the article and says get a sense of humor. Not much of an apology.

I'm of the mindset that much of the stuff he said was made up anyway. They will pull the drink from you at 11, the moonshine out of the back of the truck in an area where he could see it, etc. It's just too much. He's not only bad at apologizing, he is a liar, and he didnt even mean it. This article was probably worse than the other one.